Trump and Russia

White House caught trying to pressure FBI.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/politics/congress-reactions-fbi-white-house/index.html

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called Priebus' reported behavior "an outrageous breach of the FBI's independence."

"The Trump White House has been caught trying to pressure the FBI into undermining a vital national security investigation into the explosive ties between senior Trump officials and Russian intelligence agents, an action which is in violation of Department of Justice rules and which may also be illegal," Pelosi said in a statement.

"Political interference in the integrity of an FBI investigation into the conduct of White House officials is a grave abuse of power. The rule of law depends on the FBI's complete independence, free from political pressure from the targets of its investigations," she added.

Got to love it, no wonder the NYTimes was kicked out of press briefing, they are catching all the Trump lies:

The White House initially disputed that account, saying that McCabe called Priebus early that morning and said The New York Times story vastly overstates what the FBI knows about the contacts.

But a White House official later corrected their version of events to confirm what the law enforcement official described.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/politics/congress-reactions-fbi-white-house/index.html

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called Priebus' reported behavior "an outrageous breach of the FBI's independence."

"The Trump White House has been caught trying to pressure the FBI into undermining a vital national security investigation into the explosive ties between senior Trump officials and Russian intelligence agents, an action which is in violation of Department of Justice rules and which may also be illegal," Pelosi said in a statement.

"Political interference in the integrity of an FBI investigation into the conduct of White House officials is a grave abuse of power. The rule of law depends on the FBI's complete independence, free from political pressure from the targets of its investigations," she added.

What a joke.

What a joke.

It certainly is. The FBI came to Priebus and told him they have stories about Trump and Russia and that they're not true.

Reince asked if they would tell the NY Slimes to not publish the untruthful stories.

The FBI declined to do that.

Nut meet shell.

Edited by Nanker

It certainly is. The FBI came to Priebus and told him they have stories about Trump and Russia and that they're not true.

Reince asked if they would tell the NY Slimes to not publish the untruthful stories.

The FBI declined to do that.

Nut meet shell.

Yeah, Trump is supposed to let the faction of the FBI that hates him, just bring down his administration without any resistance.

And what was this resistance, did someone not return a phone call? Did someone say " this is a ridiculous request", and then the FBI says "they are undermining a vital national security investigation!!!"

There is no context. But, if Trump's avowed enemies say it's true, it must be.

I guess this is just how the office of president is going to be attacked for the next few administrations. I'm sure Republicans will do the same to the next Democrat....sling accusations constantly, until something sticks, and meanwhile the whole country suffers.

I'm really beginning to think some kind of break up of the Union might be best.

Edited by HoF Watkins

He said she said. You guys believe Trump, whatever. Trump University was a fraud, too. ;)

The FBI investigation continues. It is really scaring Trump into mistakes. Glad to see Republicans getting on board for an independ not investigation.

You guys complaining about the FBI shows how little you understand about life and society. Live by the sword...

That's and old lesson that some do not get still

He said she said. You guys believe Trump, whatever. Trump University was a fraud, too. ;)

The FBI investigation continues. It is really scaring Trump into mistakes. Glad to see Republicans getting on board for an independ not investigation.

You guys complaining about the FBI shows how little you understand about life and society. Live by the sword...

That's and old lesson that some do not get still

"Scaring Trump into mistakes?" I'm pretty sure Trump is making mistakes less because the FBI is crawling up his ass, and more because he's a !@#$ing pinhead.

I'm really beginning to think some kind of break up of the Union might be best.

There are some frightening similarities between the current USA and the Weimar Republic. Enough that I could make an argument that we're heading towards being a "failed democracy" relatively soon.

Got to love it, no wonder the NYTimes was kicked out of press briefing, they are catching all the Trump lies:

The White House initially disputed that account, saying that McCabe called Priebus early that morning and said The New York Times story vastly overstates what the FBI knows about the contacts.

But a White House official later corrected their version of events to confirm what the law enforcement official described.

Once again CNN stretching the truth and trying to make a big story out of nothing, but keep pushing the Russia thing libs, and start thinking about your excuses for losing even more political ground in 2018.

Once again CNN stretching the truth and trying to make a big story out of nothing, but keep pushing the Russia thing libs, and start thinking about your excuses for losing even more political ground in 2018.

Drip drip drip...Those darn leaks! Donald is losing his mind over this :)

WALTER RUSSELL MEAD HARSHES THE NARRATIVE:

Trump Isn’t Sounding Like a Russian Mole: Trump’s core global strategy is intended to destroy any illusions in Moscow that Russia is a peer competitor of Washington’s.

A Trump administration is going to be four years of hell for Russia: a massive American doubling down on shale production along with a major military buildup.

Trump is, in other words, a nightmare for Putin and a much, much bigger threat to Putin’s goals than President Obama ever was or wanted to be.

If Trump were the Manchurian candidate
that people keep wanting to believe that he is, here are some of the things he’d be doing:

Limiting fracking as much as he possibly could

Blocking oil and gas pipelines

Opening negotiations for major nuclear arms reductions

Cutting U.S. military spending

Trying to tamp down tensions with Russia’s ally Iran
That Trump is planning to do precisely the opposite of these things may or may not be good policy for the United States, but anybody who thinks this is a Russia appeasement policy has been drinking way too much joy juice.

Obama actually did all of these things, and none of the liberal media now up in arms about Trump ever called Obama a Russian puppet; instead, they preferred to see a brave, farsighted and courageous statesman. Trump does none of these things and has embarked on a course that will inexorably weaken Russia’s position in the world, and the media, suddenly flushing eight years of Russia dovishness down the memory hole, now sounds the warning that Trump’s Russia policy is treasonously soft.

This foolishness is best understood as an unreasoning panic attack.

The liberal media hate Trump more than they have hated any American politician in a generation, and they do not understand his supporters or the sources of his appeal. They are frantically picking up every available stick to beat him, in the hopes that something, somehow, will Miloize him.

So blind does hatred make them that they cannot understand how their own behavior is driving American public opinion in directions that bode ill for liberals in the future

In the first place, suppose Donald Trump does not in fact turn out to be the second coming of Benedict Arnold. Suppose instead, as is much more likely, that he turns out to be a very hawkish president, one who quite possibly will make George W. Bush look like Jimmy Carter. The media and Democratic Party leaders will have staked huge amounts of credibility on a position that turns out to be laughably untrue. Six months or a year from now, they will have to flip from calling Trump an anti-American traitor and Russian plant to calling him a dangerous, fascistic ultranationalist whose relentless hawkishness is bringing us closer to World War Three

The press and the Democrats — but I repeat myself — will make that flip without a moment’s hesitation or acknowledgment.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/258251/

Edited by B-Man

"Scaring Trump into mistakes?" I'm pretty sure Trump is making mistakes less because the FBI is crawling up his ass, and more because he's a !@#$ing pinhead.

There are some frightening similarities between the current USA and the Weimar Republic. Enough that I could make an argument that we're heading towards being a "failed democracy" relatively soon.

Yup and yup.

Enumerate those arguments please Edited by joesixpack

And there are enormous differences between us and Weimar. The German Imperial beuracracy was still n place which was very conservative in a monarchical kind of way. Hitler was let off pretty easy after trying to overthrow the government. That won't happen here I think. We have deep democratic traditions the Germans did not have. Weimar was not fifteen years old at its death. The Nazis were inflamed by the loss in the Great War and ready to die to fight liberal democracy. Many were ex soldiers traumatized by the most hideous war in human history. Today's conservatives are fat and comfortable or really old. No one is going around beating up opponents of Trump yet. There isn't a communist movement in the country like in Weimar which won something like 15% of the vote in 1932.

But who knows what path history will take. I see a lot of 1920's America in evidence today, with anti immigration hysteria and even the 60's were really crazy. Who knows. We could be a terrorist attack away from a suspension of habeaus corpus and everyone will blame Lincoln :)

I saw it, and I can picture Schiff standing on the steps of the Capitol building in the near future, reading and re-reading, and re-re-reading the FBI report that says conclusively there is and never was any truth to the charges that the Russians interfered with the US Presidential election and no further action will be taken. It'll be his Dan Rather Election 2000 moment.

• Haha (+1) 1

I saw it, and I can picture Schiff standing on the steps of the Capitol building in the near future, reading and re-reading, and re-re-reading the FBI report that says conclusively there is and never was any truth to the charges that the Russians interfered with the US Presidential election and no further action will be taken. It'll be his Dan Rather Election 2000 moment.

:lol:

I've interviewed him several times and have come to the conclusion that he is more robot than human. It reminded me of this gem from Parks and Rec:

(a bit more)