Greg Roman: "Ground and Pound" doesn't win in the NFL

YoloinOhio

roman was probably into the g&p bc he realized tyrods limits. good or better d, good deep ball game, very strong rushing incl qb, mediocre middle passing game could actually be very effective. its risky on several levels but if you can assemble it, it will work. its just super tough to keep both a running qb AND all those other things together for long

You know what else doesn't win in the NFL? Greg Roman.

:lol::lol:

This ^ I agree that "ten cent headed players" are a lot of the issue with this team. Successful franchises build through the draft by finding guys who fit a specific scheme. This franchise has no cohesive vision. We continue to find guys who are athletically gifted but lack all the intangibles of winners. I didn't care for Rex by the end of his tenure here. That doesn't change my opinion that it's sad we had a team full of guys whining that his scheme was "too complicated. There is nothing like not putting any effort into learning.

This is a big problem with the scheme Rex ran and the roster we had/have. Rexs scheme needs intelligent players that have quick critical thinking skills to make the right reads and react accordingly. This team is full of players who are good athletes but most lack that cerebral asset to their game, this is why they thrived in Shwartz's "just go" wide 9 scheme but failed miserably in Rexs.

roman was probably into the g&p bc he realized tyrods limits. good or better d, good deep ball game, very strong rushing incl qb, mediocre middle passing game could actually be very effective. its risky on several levels but if you can assemble it, it will work. its just super tough to keep both a running qb AND all those other things together for long

Wrong Meatbro. Romans passing game is very ABC. The "pop warner" passing concepts have been called out by a lot of players and coaches over the years as hindering a QBs development, via Bill Cowher and Trent Dilfer.