Is this the 2013 quarterback search all over again?

Hmm some of those #drives is off. Pro fotball reference has the Bills with 177 drives.

"The drive stats of our website also features drive stats compiled by Jim Armstrong. These stats are computed from NFL Drive Charts and are not adjusted for strength of schedule or situation. Take-a-knee drives at the end of halves are discarded." - Football Outsiders

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn right it's 2013 all over again, especially since the following yr was a better yr to draft the QB position. I say the difference now should be even if u take a QB now if he doesn't pan out right away take one again next yr. Don't wait 4yrs to draft another QB.

The Bills have drafted only 6 QBS since 1995 that should tell u what our prb is right there.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Along with the defense I see Cap management as a problem. A small number of players gobbling up a big portion of the cap. This might necessitate cutting some high paid players and letting Gilmore walk. If it was up to me my list would be releasing A. Williams (I think he should retire before something really bad happens), K. Williams (some contender might pick him up on a 1 or 2 year deal and the guy deserves a shot at the title), Clay (just overpaid), and Wood (Groy did a decent job at a much lower cap hit).

And find another kicker to replace Carpenter as his efficiency looks to be on the slide.

Find a genuine number 2 receiver. If Mike Williams is there at 10 then take him otherwise defense.

No point cutting Clay. Loads of dead $$$s and no cap saving.

Is it me, or does the lead up to this year's draft have a remarkably similar feel to the situation at one Bills Drive in 2013?

We have a General Manager that is determined to find the Bills' "franchise quarterback" in a draft year where the conventional wisdom is that no qb is worthy of a 1st round pick.

Many mock drafts have the Bills reaching for one of the top three qbs of this draft with the first pick. To me, this seems like the EJ Manuel decision all over again.

I am not sure if I can go through another failed qb experiment.

I have supported Whaley so far because he has made some good moves. My feeling is that you take the good with the bad. My feelings are beginning to turn. If he is foolish enough to turn loose TT without having a solid plan in place to replace him with veteran leadership, he should be gone, no questions asked!

"I am not sure if I can go through another failed qb experiment. " . Well, you're are about to, so "time to choose": do I invest in another 3 years of suck, or don't I? McDermott is just Malarky, Williams, Jauron ("its hard to win in the NFL") redux.

They were close, and they blew it up anyway. Time to pay the price. Remember the movie "Groundhog Day". Yes indeed, its 2013 all over again, no QB, new low-end HC and staff. Time to reach for 2rd round grade Watson at 10 and screw up the QB position for 3 more years.

Should have moved the franchise to Toronto. Would have made them that much easier to forget.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

"I am not sure if I can go through another failed qb experiment. " . Well, you're are about to, so "time to choose": do I invest in another 3 years of suck, or don't I? McDermott is just Malarky, Williams, Jauron ("its hard to win in the NFL") redux.

They were close, and they blew it up anyway. Time to pay the price. Remember the movie "Groundhog Day". Yes indeed, its 2013 all over again, no QB, new low-end HC and staff. Time to reach for 2rd round grade Watson at 10 and screw up the QB position for 3 more years.

Should have moved the franchise to Toronto. Would have made them that much easier to forget.

Thank goodness for the block button, it will make your posts easier to forget