Report: "Tyrod unwilling to take less to remain with bills"

The most important similarity between Tyrod and Fitz is their inability to play from behind.

When they are forced to be QBs, they fold. Because they're not very good.

Ahh the comeback myth. how about a defense that holds a team from scoring to even give tyrod a chance to comeback? Then you bring up wilson and all his comebacks and i show you his defense who holds the pats to like 6 points in the entire 2nd half and wilson scores twice to win. who won the game? the defense that held brady to no points in an entire half? or wilson who couldn't score the rest of the game but because he does it in the 2nd half he is a god

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important similarity between Tyrod and Fitz is their inability to play from behind.

When they are forced to be QBs, they fold. Because they're not very good.

"offense scores a TD"

"defense gives up a TD"

"offense does it again"

"D lets up another one"

"offense comes up short"

translation.......its the qbs fault we lost the game

but we need more talented pass catchers

Or a more talented QB because watching the All 22 showed that whoever the Bills lined up at WR had the ability to get open and open often, it was the QB that failed to see them and get them the ball, but go ahead and keep banging the horse that bad WR play was TT biggest issue fallacy.

The 2017 Bills could be the 2016 Jets! I'm All In!!!

a legit fear of mine, if Whaley decides to keep him just because he's scared to try to get better at the position. just play the QB they will hopefully draft in the 1st 2 rounds, or Cardale (whoever wins the job) to see if he could be the guy that we already know TT isn't. I think Sackenberg sucks and the jets were crazy to take him in the 2nd but once they did they would have been better off just playing him and signing a cheap vet backup. . He played all through college. He's not raw, if you like him that much to take him in the 2nd just play him. Now they have no idea what they have in Sack. Yet they already knew what they had in Fitz but were too scared not to bring him back because big baby Brandon Marshall would have been sad without him. Edited by YoloinOhio

Or a more talented QB because watching the All 22 showed that whoever the Bills lined up at WR had the ability to get open and open often, it was the QB that failed to see them and get them the ball, but go ahead and keep banging the horse that bad WR play was TT biggest issue fallacy.

Did it not improve when the starting compliment was on the field?

lost me...what does that even mean

Is your contention every game we lost was because TT was in a shootout, our sieve D couldn't keep up, and only after TT's cannon arm was so tired from throwing strike after strike, laser after laser, TD after TD, he finally faltered and lost?

Or just 1 game that we lost? Singular.

Edited by FireChan

a legit fear of mine, if Whaley decides to keep him just because he's scared to try to get better at the position. just play the QB they will hopefully draft in the 1st 2 rounds, or Cardale (whoever wins the job) to see if he could be the guy that we already know TT isn't. I think Sackenberg sucks and the jets were crazy to take him in the 2nd but once they did they would have been better off just playing him and signing a cheap vet backup. . He played all through college. He's not raw, if you like him that much to take him in the 2nd just play him. Now they have no idea what they have in Sack. Yet they already knew what they had in Fitz but were too scared not to bring him back because big baby Brandon Marshall would have been sad without him.

or cuz he has the common sense to see there is nothing "better" at this time?

Is your contention every game we lost was because TT was in a shootout, our sieve D couldn't keep up, and only after TT's cannon arm was so tired from throwing strike after strike, laser after laser, TD after TD, he finally faltered and lost?

Or just 1 game that we lost? Singular.

no i am saying there was a common theme in most of our losses

its amazing how much of a pass the tt hate group gives what was supposed to be the strength of our team

I will be happy to bet a Bills hat that TT is starting (if healthy) on opening day in 2017. I do want to warn you, I have a pretty good track record on these bets.

what about the Taco Bell bet with Hogan's TD #s in 2015 (honestly can't remember who won that)! Edited by YoloinOhio

The 2017 Bills could be the 2016 Jets! I'm All In!!!

The big difference is that there is no chance Taylor falls off the cliff like Fitz did. Fitz has been a turnover machine for years. He played well in 2015 but the possibility was always there that he became terrible. That doesn't exist with Tyrod. He has 47 TDs and 12 INTs in 29 games. It is possible that he is at his ceiling and doesn't get any better. If that is the case you are still looking at 26 TDs and 6 INTs with roughly 250 all-purpose yards. The Bills will win some games and will be somewhere between 6-10 wins. They can't become the 2016 Jets with Tyrod. The argument to get rid of TT isn't the Bills may be really bad with him. The reason to get rid of him is that if you are always going to be between 6 - 10 wins what difference does it make?

I think that you said something spot on in one of these threads. You said that the Bills had playoff talent but they would be eliminated in the 1st round. (FWIW, with the right draw I could see the 2nd round). The point stands nonetheless. The goal isn't to be the Chiefs or the Texans or the Colts or Bengals or any of these other teams that play playoff games but don't threaten for championships. I am 100% with you in that is who this team is (without incompetent coaching). So it goes back around, are we better off trying to get there and hoping things fall into place like they did for Flacco? Or are we better off resetting and trying to build differently so that we are more like Seattle or NE that can compete for a title perennially?

what about the Taco Bell bet with Hogan's TD #s in 2015 (honestly can't remember who won that)!

I lost that. I won the under on Bob Woods this year. I won the under on Chandler in 2015. I think that I won an under bet on Hogan this year as well). I never really end up collecting on them but it is fun to look back on what you thought would happen vs. what actually did. Edited by Kirby Jackson

The big difference is that there is no chance Taylor falls off the cliff like Fitz did. Fitz has been a turnover machine for years. He played well in 2015 but the possibility was always there that he became terrible. That doesn't exist with Tyrod. He has 47 TDs and 12 INTs in 29 games. It is possible that he is at his ceiling and doesn't get any better. If that is the case you are still looking at 26 TDs and 6 INTs with roughly 250 all-purpose yards. The Bills will win some games and will be somewhere between 6-10 wins. They can become the 2016 Jets with Tyrod. The argument to get rid of TT isn't the Bills may be really bad with him. The reason to get rid of him is that if you are always going to be between 6 - 10 wins what difference does it make?

I think that you said something spot on in one of these threads. You said that the Bills had playoff talent but they would be eliminated in the 1st round. (FWIW, with the right draw I could see the 2nd round). The point stands nonetheless. The goal isn't to be the Chiefs or the Texans or the Colts or Bengals or any of these other teams that play playoff games but don't threaten for championships. I am 100% with you in that is who this team is (without incompetent coaching). So it goes back around, are we better off trying to get there and hoping things fall into place like they did for Flacco? Or are we better off resetting and trying to build differently so that we are more like Seattle or NE that can compete for a title perennially?

I lost that. I won the under on Bob Woods this year. I won the under on Chandler in 2015. I think that I won an under bet on Hogan this year as well). I never really end up collecting on them but it is fun to look back on what you thought would happen vs. what actually did.

I remember the Chandler bet. Man some people were so sure he was going to be an all-pro in NE and it was going to be Gronk/Hernandez 2.0.

or cuz he has the common sense to see there is nothing "better" at this time?

i think it comes down to whether or not you think the Bills have a chance to make a legit playoff run in 2017 with TT as the starter. I don't. So with that in mind I would like to see what is behind door #2. The worst case scenario imo is we don't make playoffs (same as with TT) but we may have higher draft pick, and are already in process of developing a QB that may be able to be a franchise guy. No matter what anyone's current opinion is of Cardale, no one knows if he has what it takes yet and we won't know until we see him play in a sizable chunk of games. Same is true of anyone we are to take in the draft this year. Best case scenario is that guy actually looks like the real deal and we somehow make the playoffs (stranger things have happened, Dak was 3rd string going into camp, then romo and Moore both got hurt)

If Whaley truly sees no potential franchise QBs in this draft I expect he will keep TT but I hope McD doesn't just hand him the starting job. He will still need to bring in at least one other QB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

no i am saying there was a common theme in most of our losses

its amazing how much of a pass the tt hate group gives what was supposed to be the strength of our team

Most? Go through all 14 and tell me that the offense did great in 7 of them.

How is the defense getting a pass? Rex Ryan got fired. Do we need to cut the entire D?

I love the irony of you blaming the defense every step of the way now when you argued for 2 years about Rex was getting it right. Why should I take anything you say seriously?

Edited by FireChan

i think it comes down to whether or not you think the Bills have a chance to make a legit playoff run in 2017 with TT as the starter. I don't. So with that in mind I would like to see what is behind door #2. The worst case scenario imo is we don't make playoffs (same as with TT) but we may have higher draft pick, and are already in process of developing a QB that may be able to be a franchise guy. No matter what anyone's current opinion is of Cardale, no one knows if he has what it takes yet and we won't know until we see him play in a sizable chunk of games. Same is true of anyone we are to take in the draft this year. Best case scenario is that guy actually looks like the real deal and we somehow make the playoffs (stranger things have happened, Dak was 3rd string going into camp, then romo and Moore both got hurt)

If Whaley truly sees no potential franchise QBs in this draft I expect he will keep TT but I hope McD doesn't just hand him the starting job. He will still need to bring in at least one other QB.

Yes. And you might even see them trade down or right out of the first round entirely for extra picks. Or perhaps a deal where they trade the 10 pick this year for some other team's number one next year along with a bonus lower round pick.

It is crazy to think of all the possibilities of things that really could happen in the next couple months. My gut tells me that Whaley will surprise to the upside in some way with something fans don't expect.