Going to the Beach is a Right

Chef Jim

“It’s heartbreaking to see lower-income families and middle-class families who never have seen the beach or enjoyed waking up to the sounds of tides and the salt in the air,” said Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher, D-San Diego, who introduced the legislation Monday.

Jesus f'n...really? Someone check Lorena's paperwork. Maybe ICE can get to her next.

Edited by Dante

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“It’s heartbreaking to see lower-income families and middle-class families who never have seen the beach or enjoyed waking up to the sounds of tides and the salt in the air,” said Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher, D-San Diego, who introduced the legislation Monday.

Jesus f'n...really?

Hm...now that I think about it, it'd be a great way to check for green cards. No way to flee.

Edited by joesixpack

Jesus f'n...really? Someone check Lorena's paperwork. Maybe ICE can get to her next.

What do tides sound like? I guess I've been deprived too.

I love Dana Point. But I prefer Salt Creek beach. Much more private. Holy **** Orange County is awesome.

Salt Creek usually gets bad marks for pollution. Any beach where you have runoff (in this case Salt Creek) there are higher levels of gunk (that's a scientific term. Look it up). But I really miss Laguna.

coastline-view-of-main.jpg

Self serving? Poor politicians trying to get cheap beach space or something?? :blink:

Or something?? Good one. How many CA beaches have you visited?

Salt Creek usually gets bad marks for pollution. Any beach where you have runoff (in this case Salt Creek) there are higher levels of gunk (that's a scientific term. Look it up). But I really miss Laguna.

Well with as cold as the water is, I didn't get much past the ankles, anyway. Instead, sat in that beautiful SoCal sun.

The waves are decent at Salt Creek but the best views in Laguna are from Las Brisas Restaurant or the Montage Hotel.

I'm going to try and get back there in the next 2-3 years. Love me some California. If only we could neutron-bomb all the nutjobs and backfill with honest americans.

You're pulling beach visits on me? :lol:

I enjoyed my time working in Santa Barbara and Carpinteria while living in Ventura.

My cousin moved there two years ago, she loves it. Posts a sunset picture on facebook literally every day. :lol:

We've had it with NorCal. Wackjob central up here.

That hasn't bothered me much; maybe I'm in an area with a lot of transplants.

My biggest complaints are space, cost and infrastructure -- I've seen more street flooding in 2 months than in 40 years on the east coast.

My cousin moved there two years ago, she loves it. Posts a sunset picture on facebook literally every day. :lol:

That hasn't bothered me much; maybe I'm in an area with a lot of transplants.

My biggest complaints are space, cost and infrastructure -- I've seen more street flooding in 2 months than in 40 years on the east coast.

My cousin lives on Lake Erie and does that. We get it. You have nice sunsets. Our house is up in the hills and west facing. We have fantastic sunsets every night of the sun setting behind SF. I've posted a few sunset pics but not every goddamn day! LOL.

My cousin lives on Lake Erie and does that. We get it. You have nice sunsets. Our house is up in the hills and west facing. We have fantastic sunsets every night of the sun setting behind SF. I've posted a few sunset pics but not every goddamn day! LOL.

I'm guilty of doing it once a year over Cape Cod Bay.