The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

This kid is unbelievable and definitely worth the #10 pick.

He's mobile.

He's well built.

He can make Aaron Rodgers type throws.

Right now people are getting mocked for suggesting that Mahomes is a first rounder...that will change as we get closer to the draft.

When you watch Mahomes it is impossible to not be impresssed. His naysayers argument is that he's a 'air raid system QB.' Again, so was Aaron Rodgers.

All I know is this--Mahomes makes unbelievable throws that put his receivers in great position for YAC. Mahomes routinely keeps eyes downfield when scrambling. Mahomes makes reads as is evident by his turning his head to the other side of the field when his 1 and 2 aren't open.

This guy is unbelievable. He's the total package. I promise, if you're not yet familiar with him you will be soon because this kid will 'shoot up draft boards' post combine.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's mobile.

He's well built.

Right now people are getting mocked for suggesting that Mahomes is a first rounder...that will change as we get closer to the draft.

When you watch Mahomes it is impossible to not be impresssed. His naysayers argument is that he's a 'air raid system QB.' Again, so was Aaron Rodgers.

All I know is this--Mahomes makes unbelievable throws that put his receivers in great position for YAC. Mahomes routinely keeps eyes downfield when scrambling. Mahomes makes reads as is evident by his turning his head to the other side of the field when his 1 and 2 aren't open.

This guy is unbelievable. He's the total package. I promise, if you're not yet familiar with him you will be soon because this kid will 'shoot up draft boards' post combine.

You have to take him at the right place. If other NFL teams view him as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick you cannot take him at 10. Trade back to 18-24 and get another 2nd round pick.

None of us have the actual boards for NFL teams but indications are that Mahomes can be had cheaper than that.

Edited by jeffismagic

He's mobile.

He's well built.

it's generally courteous to announce when you are the parent of a player or prospective player so your cheerleading can be taken in context

You have to take him at the right place. If other NFL teams view him as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick you cannot take him at 10. Trade back to 18-24 and get another 2nd round pick.

None of us have the actual boards for NFL teams but indications are that Mahomes can be had cheaper than that.

I've even seen some mocks (or at least 1, hard to keep track) have us with this guy with our pick at 42. I would rather take a premier talent at 10 if we have a guy there and trade up a few spots in the early second/late first if we have to.

I think at 10 at this point is too high. However a Late first was also too High for Wentz at this point. I do think you are going to see Mahomes stock just continue to rise. And if he is the QB you identify take him (I would prefer a trade back a bit because I think his value really is in the 15-20 range when the process is done with).

But I am sick of waiting on a QB and missing out by a couple picks (Newton, Big Ben, Prescott)

I've even seen some mocks (or at least 1, hard to keep track) have us with this guy with our pick at 42. I would rather take a premier talent at 10 if we have a guy there and trade up a few spots in the early second/late first if we have to.

Bills cannot afford to overspend to build a champion. See Raiders who got Mack and Carr in the same draft. I love Mahomes but no need to throw away picks to do that or not get him for the right price. If some other teams overpay then you get value and get ready for an even more loaded 2018 QB draft.

Bills cannot afford to overspend to build a champion. See Raiders who got Mack and Carr in the same draft. I love Mahomes but no need to throw away picks to do that or not get him for the right price. If some other teams overpay then you get value and get ready for an even more loaded 2018 QB draft.

Yup. I'm with this guy.

There are other reports that he could go as high as the top 3 picks. He's probably a guy that if you want you should pull the trigger at 10. If you have a few pretty close maybe you back up a few spots but that's risky.

I think at 10 at this point is too high. However a Late first was also too High for Wentz at this point. I do think you are going to see Mahomes stock just continue to rise. And if he is the QB you identify take him (I would prefer a trade back a bit because I think his value really is in the 15-20 range when the process is done with).

But I am sick of waiting on a QB and missing out by a couple picks (Newton, Big Ben, Prescott)

Mahomes will come cheaper than he should because the "mechanics" and gimmicky offense. Which is fine because many NFL teams are clueless and focus on the wrong things.

If somebody got antsy last year and pulled the trigger on Prescott in the 2nd, do you think they'd feel ripped off?

I get what you're saying and to an extent I agree. But I believe come draft day Mahomes will generally be viewed as a top 15 pick.

If somebody got antsy last year and pulled the trigger on Prescott in the 2nd, do you think they'd feel ripped off?

I get what you're saying and to an extent I agree. But I believe come draft day Mahomes will generally be viewed as a top 15 pick.

I like Mahomes best as do you. But when NFL teams get arrogant and instead of trusting their board believe they can see the future they don't draft as well. No QB in this draft should be taken with a top ten pick.

Now if you really have a crystal ball, by all means do what that tells you. I see the draft as looking through a glass as best as you can but knowing that you can be wrong!

Mahomes will come cheaper than he should because the "mechanics" and gimmicky offense. Which is fine because many NFL teams are clueless and focus on the wrong things.

Yeah this could be and Fall into second like Carr did. However Carr could also be the reason for a GM to say look we need to stop worrying about a gimmicky offense

Not trying to play devil's advocate but the Jets got antsy and pulled the trigger on Hackenberg in the 2nd. I bet that they do feel ripped off. It ALWAYS depends on the player.

He's mobile.

He's well built.