Draft pick allocation by position for the entire NFL

FireChan

I actually think that the chart is really great. I think that the analysis that FC is trying to make is really stupid. Chan, if you wanted to make a point you should have talked about how few picks that the Bills have had comparatively. The stats are right there to tell you that you aren't out of line on QB, DB or WR. Only 8 teams have had less picks than you. If the point was to say "we suck because....." you should support it with the data that indicates others are doing better.

And there's no correlation between more draft picks and success either. Cleveland has traded back, amassed a ton of picks. Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert just aren't getting it done on Sunday's though. Carolina somehow has only had 28 draft picks and they just went to the Super Bowl.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have a QB and haven't in 20 years. Taking 2 every 5 years is not a recipe for success.

See above. NE is good because they have a good QB.

I see you ignored Oakland, Washington and Philly taking 3 and finding guys.

KC has the 3rd or 4th best record in the entire NFL over the past few years with nothing better at QB than us.

Philly has found a guy? I'm sure Washington thought they found a guy after RG3's rookie year too, it doesn't work that way. And Wentz's star lost much of it's luster as the season went on. I wouldn't even say he had a good rookie year, he had the type of struggles you'd expect. We'll see if he takes the necessary steps forward in the next couple of years, but right now it's WAY too early to say "they've found a guy."

I said "potential franchise guys." Wentz wasn't perfect but I'd be more hopeful with him under center than TT.

KC has the 3rd or 4th best record in the entire NFL over the past few years with nothing better at QB than us.

People actually believe TT is a better QB than Alex Smith. Crazy.

Smith actually runs a 2 minute drill, makes checks at the line, and does 100 little things you need to do to actually play the position. TT plays backyard scramble football.

You're comparing teams that have franchise QB's to teams that don't. Obviously when you have Brady or Rodgers, it doesn't matter if they take 2 or 0.

Right 3/7 is almost half. OAK, Philly and Washington. Call the Eagles and offer TT for Wentz straight up and you'd get laughed at.

Of course they wouldn't trade the second overall pick that showed some signs in year 2. That doesn't change the fact that he still has to improve to get to TT's level. Tyrod is a better player TODAY than all of those guys but Carr and Cousins. TT has already played at the level of Tannehill, Dalton, Smith and others. It's not setting the bar astronomically high but the assumption that he will get there can't be made at this point. If you want my opinion I would think that Wentz ends up better, Goff and Lynch worse.

I said "potential franchise guys." Wentz wasn't perfect but I'd be more hopeful with him under center than TT.

Smith actually runs a 2 minute drill, makes checks at the line, and does 100 little things you need to do to actually play the position. TT plays backyard scramble football.

He has more yards a game, more TDs a game and less INTs a game than Smith? If you called KC tomorrow and offered TT straight up for Smith they pull the trigger in a second. Smith's lack of playmaking has kept one of the most talented teams in football from accomplishing what they are capable of. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Of course they wouldn't trade the second overall pick that showed some signs in year 2. That doesn't change the fact that he still has to improve to get to TT's level. Tyrod is a better player TODAY than all of those guys but Carr and Wentz. TT has already played at the level of Tannehill, Dalton, Smith and others. It's not setting the bar astronomically high but the assumption that he will get there can't be made at this point. If you want my opinion I would think that Wentz ends up better, Goff and Lynch worse.

Kirk is better than TT dude. Cmon.

And there's no correlation between more draft picks and success either. Cleveland has traded back, amassed a ton of picks. Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert just aren't getting it done on Sunday's though. Carolina somehow has only had 28 draft picks and they just went to the Super Bowl.

That's a fair point too. The chart feels fascinating but nothing mentioned in any of these posts shows certain trends leading to sustained success. It's all over the board.

What exactly does your chart prove? Nothing. Look at every team there. I see a whole lot of 1's and 2's taken at QB. Bills are at 2. I also see a lot of teams with more than 7DB's taken too.

C4F1la3UEAA4vvV.jpg

Over the last 5 years.

Bills with 2 QB's taken over 5 years in contrast to 7 DB's and 6 WR's. And no idea why we suck.

Which seems to put us with the majority of teams--only 7 other teams picked more than 2 QB's. Maybe there are other reasons we suck?

Which seems to put us with the majority of teams--only 7 other teams picked more than 2 QB's. Maybe there are other reasons we suck?

I would say not priotizing drafting QBs and finding one is at the top of the list.

What exactly does your chart prove? Nothing. Look at every team there. I see a whole lot of 1's and 2's taken at QB. Bills are at 2. I also see a lot of teams with more than 7DB's taken too.

It proves the argument that the Bills are one of the teams without viable QB's and they don't take many. Recipe for the longest playoff drought in the NFL.

We don't have a QB and haven't in 20 years. Taking 2 every 5 years is not a recipe for success.

See above. NE is good because they have a good QB.

I see you ignored Oakland, Washington and Philly taking 3 and finding guys.

GEEZUS how many QB threads do you need man? We all KNOW you hate TT and want to draft a QB...but now you somehow make a dumb chart that actually shows that we take a QB at a pretty normal rate considering ONLY 7 teams have taken more QB's than the Bills.

I mean your chart provides literally no correlation to what you are trying to so badly to prove. And, we didn't suck this year because we couldn't score enough points, we sucked this year and missed the playoffs because we scored a lot of points but were terrible at preventing the other team from scoring points.

Everytime I think you can't get worse in your posts about this you still find a way to surprise me.

I would say not priotizing drafting QBs and finding one is at the top of the list.

It proves the argument that the Bills are one of the teams without viable QB's and they don't take many. Recipe for the longest playoff drought in the NFL.

Really? In what reality does that make sense? ONLY SEVEN TEAMS in the ENTIRE NFL took more QB's over that same period than the Bills...ONLY 7. Your chart LITERALLY proves the EXACT Opposite of what you are saying. I mean come on dude

Edited by Alphadawg7

So where do we stand on the Jets? They have all kinds of QBs that suck. Their roster is without talent and in the last 5 years they've used a 2nd on Geno, a 2nd on Sackenberg and a 4th (that they traded up for) on Petty. None of those guys appears to be a starting option even. They've squandered NUMEROUS valuable assets aimlessly swinging on trash QBs. Edited by Kirby Jackson

So where do we stand on the Jets? They have all kinds of QBs that suck. Their roster is without talent and in the last 5 years they've used a 2nd on Geno, a 2nd on Sackenberg and a 4th (that they traded up for) on Petty. None of those guys appears to be a starting option even. They've squandered NUMEROUS valuable assets aimlessly swinging on trash QBs.

Shhhh, all this logic youre using spoils his baseless agenda and false claims.

So where do we stand on the Jets? They have all kinds of QBs that suck. Their roster is without talent and in the last 5 years they've used a 2nd on Geno, a 2nd on Sackenberg and a 4th (that they traded up for) on Petty. None of those guys appears to be a starting option even. They've squandered NUMEROUS valuable assets aimlessly swinging on trash QBs.

Jets are doing it right, they just haven't found the guy. They've had a much better chance of finding a guy in the last 5 years than the Bills.

GEEZUS how many QB threads do you need man? We all KNOW you hate TT and want to draft a QB...but now you somehow make a dumb chart that actually shows that we take a QB at a pretty normal rate considering ONLY 7 teams have taken more QB's than the Bills.

I mean your chart provides literally no correlation to what you are trying to so badly to prove. And, we didn't suck this year because we couldn't score enough points, we sucked this year and missed the playoffs because we scored a lot of points but were terrible at preventing the other team from scoring points.

Everytime I think you can't get worse in your posts about this you still find a way to surprise me.

Really? In what reality does that make sense? ONLY SEVEN TEAMS in the ENTIRE NFL took more QB's over that same period than the Bills...ONLY 7. Your chart LITERALLY proves the EXACT Opposite of what you are saying. I mean come on dude

What?