Falcons hiring Steve Sarkesian as OC

YoloinOhio

Mark Helfrich is definitely a follower and it will be interesting to see if they look at him.

That would seem like a good spot for Helfrich. A great Offensive mind with HC experience is what Saban likes it appears. The DB's at Bama say Saban spends a lot of his time during individual drills with them.

That would seem like a good spot for Helfrich. A great Offensive mind with HC experience is what Saban likes it appears. The DB's at Bama say Saban spends a lot of his time during individual drills with them.

and he's a willing recruiter, which Saban will demand. That's why I think Chip may be out. Heard he doesn't want to recruit and he'd be doing even more as an asst than he did as a HC. I think chip and nick might work for a very short stint but I'm guessing he wants less turnover at that spot. Helfrich would be a "yes man" and worked with Mariota ... perhaps he could turn Hurts into a better passer.

This is probably a done deal? Aren't Saban and Belichick friends?

yes they are. It sounds to me like Brian was in line for OC in NE once McDaniels got a HC job and McDaniels keeps chickening out so Daboll is tired of waiting and wants the hell out of his TE coach job. Edited by YoloinOhio

yes they are. It sounds to me like Brian was in line for OC in NE once McDaniels got a HC job and McDaniels keeps chickening out so Daboll is tired of waiting and wants the hell out of his TE coach job.

Agreed. If there is one OC job in college Brian will get plenty of face time it is Bama. Do a good job there and he can pick his next move more easily.