What 1 position should the Bills focus on in FA?

GunnerBill

FA Priorities  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What 1 position should the Bills prioritise in FA?

• Quarterback
    • Offensive Tackle
    • Tight End
    • Linebacker
    • Cornerback
    • Safety
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As in everything the answer is it depends. If they tag Gilmore and sign Z. Brown then the priority has to be WR#2. They will need to use first round pick on a safety in that scenario.

If they let Gilmore and Z. Brown walk, then they should sign 3-4 mid-level FA's to play DB and LB. Then they draft WR in first round.

I'm was in the camp of CG at RT and CK at LT prior to the hip injury. Henderson was just a notch above Mills when healthy. I will take the word of the board and assume the OT draft is weak. But between CG, CK, and SH I would not spend big on another OT.

Lastly, they should try and get Groy back. He was as good as Wood which unfortunately means he probably can get a starting job and starting money elsewhere. Seattle? Wood likely can still play at a high level for a few more years so they can't break the bank on Groy.

However, I would not be shocked if Wood was a salary cap cut and they bring back Groy instead. He is four years younger and not coming off a broken leg.

As in everything the answer is it depends. If they tag Gilmore and sign Z. Brown then the priority has to be WR#2. They will need to use first round pick on a safety in that scenario.

If they let Gilmore and Z. Brown walk, then they should sign 3-4 mid-level FA's to play DB and LB. Then they draft WR in first round.

I'm was in the camp of CG at RT and CK at LT prior to the hip injury. Henderson was just a notch above Mills when healthy. I will take the word of the board and assume the OT draft is weak. But between CG, CK, and SH I would not spend big on another OT.

Lastly, they should try and get Groy back. He was as good as Wood which unfortunately means he probably can get a starting job and starting money elsewhere. Seattle? Wood likely can still play at a high level for a few more years so they can't break the bank on Groy.

However, I would not be shocked if Wood was a salary cap cut and they bring back Groy instead. He is four years younger and not coming off a broken leg.

Agree with most of this, however Groy is an RFA, and I am sure they will tender him. I think Henderson is much better than Mills and has a higher ceiling for sure.

I was thinking OT and LB and ended up going with LB. It is so crucial, IMO, that they re-sign Zach Brown. This draft is so deep with WR talent, I think we can fill our needs there cheaply.

And the free agent WR list is fairly weak other than Alshon Jefferey.

Believe it or not I think that DL should be a priority. Kyle is either done or almost done, can't trust Dareus, add and build Shaq and I can't weigh in accurately on Washington. Other positions of need can be either addressed early in the draft or in FA. I would love for the Bills to find a way to get DL Jonathan Allen.

Oops, I screwed that all up! I thought that this thread was dedicated for our 1st pick in the draft. It just goes to show that one shouldn't post and talk at the same time on an IPhone! Lol!

WR

Nothing helps a Mediocre at best QB than stallion WRs. Hotrod looked like Aaron Rodgers throwing that TD pass to Sammy vs Fish. If only he had another guy like that to throw to. And in the 5 or 6 games Sammy misses, we'd still be set.

:lol::lol::lol:

I dont think we have the cash to pony up for Jeffery but that would be a great WR to add in FA. Other than him who else is a FA at WR this off-season? OBD might be lookin at a WR in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft too.

Believe it or not I think that DL should be a priority. Kyle is either done or almost done, can't trust Dareus, add and build Shaq and I can't weigh in accurately on Washington. Other positions of need can be either addressed early in the draft or in FA. I would love for the Bills to find a way to get DL Jonathan Allen.

Oops, I screwed that all up! I thought that this thread was dedicated for our 1st pick in the draft. It just goes to show that one shouldn't post and talk at the same time on an IPhone! Lol!

DT and DE should be addessed through FA and the draft. I like Dareus/Williams/Washington combination on the interior, along with Hughes and Shaq on the ends, but we need depth. I don't feel, however, that we need to spend a first or second round pick there.

rb is a position i'd really like to see addressed in free agency and not in the draft. we badly need a strong #3 and 4 with how much we rush and i don't want to spend picks on it. not impressed with jonathan williams so far . . .

"Value" RB picks in mid-late rounds are a good idea, IMO. Especially if they are good special teamers.

How Colton got his groove back? Seriously, what was his problem this season? Pro bowl to toilet bowl. I wouldn't waste a pick or FA money on a punter, BTW.

Agree with most of this, however Groy is an RFA, and I am sure they will tender him. I think Henderson is much better than Mills and has a higher ceiling for sure.

Thanx for the update. Groy as a RFA is a huge plus that I was not aware of.

Also agree Henderson in the first half of his rookie season was much better than anything Mills has ever done. He tailed off and who knows how much of that was his illness. If he is healthy, I agree he has a chance to be an upgrade over Mills. But when can he play? 10 game suspension in November means he may not be able to play until week 6???

:lol::lol::lol:

I dont think we have the cash to pony up for Jeffery but that would be a great WR to add in FA. Other than him who else is a FA at WR this off-season? OBD might be lookin at a WR in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft too.

As far as UFAs, other than Jeffery, there's Kenny Britt, Kenny Stills, Pierre Garçon, DeSean Jackson, Michael Floyd, the ageless Anquan Boldin, the aging Vincent Jackson, Terrell Pryor, Brandon LaFell, Ted Ginn Jr, Jeremy Kerley, Brian Quick, Terrance Williams and Cordarelle Patterson. This list isn't as bad as I thought with a few of them likely upgrades over Bob Woods and some others arguably similar.

As far as UFAs, other than Jeffery, there's Kenny Britt, Kenny Stills, Pierre Garçon, DeSean Jackson, Michael Floyd, the ageless Anquan Boldin, the aging Vincent Jackson, Terrell Pryor, Brandon LaFell, Ted Ginn Jr, Jeremy Kerley, Brian Quick, Terrance Williams and Cordarelle Patterson. This list isn't as bad as I thought with a few of them likely upgrades over Bob Woods and some others arguably similar.

I think the Bills will be looking a the less "big" names on that list. Williams would be of interest to me but I'm not sure if he has the short space quickness and agility to play the slot and if the Bills are looking at a #2 in the draft (Mike Williams or Corey Davis) then maybe the slot is where they focus in FA.