If you enjoy movies that make you think

ajzepp

I actually did, K-dog. In fact, I doubt I was there longer than 30 or 40 minutes. There is no logical explanation, but whenever adultery is brought into a flick, it bugs me. I'm no moral compass point, I promise, so it doesn't make sense. Having one adultery scene in a movie is one thing. I had no problem with "Fatal Attraction,:" though that's probably because I was so grossed out watching anyone !@#$ Glenn Close. :doh:  Having the whole movie about it is another thing, though. And I really wanted to like it cuz I had a crush on Tea Leoni back then.

256059[/snapback]

To me the subject all depends on how it is promoted in the particular film. Flirting With Disaster was a satiric and often outlandish comedy. It wasn't meant to be taken serious at all, so the constant adultery didn't bother me (because I know exactly what you mean). It was set in a movie world not in the real world. I saw a flick that I was really looking forward to recently because it had an excellent cast, called We Don't Live Here Anymore, and even though there were good performances throughout, i hated it because most everyone in it was an adulterous hedonist prick.

I really enjoyed that film.......the interaction between Liam Neeson's character and the kid were classic.  The scenes with Collin Firth were very good, too. The whole film was good.

256008[/snapback]

We plan on renting "Huckabees" some time. The theaters near us tend to market the heavily advertised flicks, and fill their seats with the illiterate gratituous violence-craving filthy-language self-serving cellphone-addicted VD-infested crowd. Snobby of me, huh? :doh::lol::doh:

We plan on renting "Huckabees" some time. The theaters near us tend to market the heavily advertised flicks, and fill their seats with the illiterate gratituous violence-craving filthy-language self-serving cellphone-addicted VD-infested crowd. Snobby of me, huh? :doh:  :lol:  :doh:

256088[/snapback]

lmao......I know exactly what you mean. My bro is the GM of the 9th largest theater in metro Atlanta......he'd take a good, smart indy film over a blockbuster most any day of the week and is always lobbying corporate to allow him to dedicate some of his smaller screens to lesser known films.

I don't know if you rent from Netflix, but it's truly a Godsend if you rent more than four times per month. Not only is it a huge convenience, their software actually makes personalized recomendations for you based on how you rate films you've already seen. I know there is at least a handful of other very satisfied Netflix subscribers who are regular posters here.

lmao......I know exactly what you mean. My bro is the GM of the 9th largest theater in metro Atlanta......he'd take a good, smart indy film over a blockbuster most any day of the week and is always lobbying corporate to allow him to dedicate some of his smaller screens to lesser known films.

I don't know if you rent from Netflix, but it's truly a Godsend if you rent more than four times per month. Not only is it a huge convenience, their software actually makes personalized recomendations for you based on how you rate films you've already seen. I know there is at least a handful of other very satisfied Netflix subscribers who are regular posters here.

256102[/snapback]

Thanks for the Netflix info, aj. We'll check it out!

We do like to go to a movie house though - we certainly like the popcorn (and I found out the "secret" of movie popcorn - they use coconut oil with 92% saturated fat!).

A midwest chain, Kerasotes (80 or so outlets) give free pop and popcorn refills. Great savings if you bring youngsters.