Remember When Trump Said He'd Do This...?

Dr.Sack

From CNBC July 19, 2016

"Wall Street is not pleased. A top advisor to presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump said on Monday that the party wants to reimplement Glass-Steagall, Depression-era legislation that was designed to prevent big bank "supermarkets," but which was repealed in 1999."

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/07/19/glass-steagall-wall-street-is-not-happy-with-donald-trump.html

Bernie was right. Trump is a fraud.

So,

when you cannot answer a question in one of your threads, you simply start another ?

and when someone points it out, you hide behind "I don't argue with name-callers"

I'll look for your answer in the next thread................ :lol:

From CNBC July 19, 2016

"Wall Street is not pleased. A top advisor to presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump said on Monday that the party wants to reimplement Glass-Steagall, Depression-era legislation that was designed to prevent big bank "supermarkets," but which was repealed in 1999."

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/07/19/glass-steagall-wall-street-is-not-happy-with-donald-trump.html

Well, we already knew that with Trump University. Hillary failed to make that the news everyday.

So,

when you cannot answer a question in one of your threads, you simply start another ?

and when someone points it out, you hide behind "I don't argue with name-callers"

I'll look for your answer in the next thread................ :lol:

He is flooding the board with nonsense. Just post whatever you want in his threads.

He is flooding the board with nonsense. Just post whatever you want in his threads.

He'll fade out. Happens from time to time around here, especially after contentious elections.

Or, he'll (hopefully) become a solid contributor once he gets over the emotional rollercoaster he's currently riding post-election.

He'll fade out. Happens from time to time around here, especially after contentious elections.

Or, he'll (hopefully) become a solid contributor once he gets over the emotional rollercoaster he's currently riding post-election.

Contribute to what. Open oneself up to be gratuitously attacked?

Yeah. That's like asking the Bills to develop a young quality qb and be a regular playoff contender.

"Happens from time to time around here, especially after contentious elections."

When was last "contentious election?" 2000? Before that, 1888, 1876, & 1824.

You talk like an old pro. I simply don't get the "happens from time to time around here" thing?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Contribute to what. Open oneself up to be gratuitously attacked?

Yeah. That's like asking the Bills to develop a young quality qb and be a regular playoff contender.

There have been plenty of substantive, insult free, conversations had in the dungeon. Even on contentious issues. That's the whole reason to keep coming back, at least for the non sadists or masochists out there. ;)

"Happens from time to time around here, especially after contentious elections."

When was last "contentious election?" 2000? Before that, 1888, 1876, & 1824.

You talk like an old pro. I simply don't get the "happens from time to time around here" thing?

You forget 2004 and 2008 weren't exactly boring election cycles when it comes to partisanship.

"Happens from time to time" meaning from time to time new posters make their way to these parts and have a rocky beginning by over posting and over reacting to the normal slings and arrows that get hurled about. Usually these sorts of aggressive newbies lean left...

Then, they go away after exhausting themselves with the histrionics... or they stick around but with a substantially decrease in post count.

From CNBC July 19, 2016

Bernie is just as big of a fraud.

Dodd-Frank is a neoliberal band-Aid for the much stronger financial regulation Glass-Steagall it was meant to resemble. I assume most of your fathers hated when the Progressives of the 1930s signed this law.

Last week Trump met with Wall-Street and now wants to roll back Dodd-Frank - that's fine by me, if it's going to be replaced by a more simpler but stronger regulation like Glass-Steagall 2.0. Let's keep depositors money outside of the brokerage side of the banking business. Trump rolling that back and doing nothing would be repeating the same mistake of Bill Clinton when he repealed it.

So let's take a wait and see approach. This post will go dead, but when Dodd-Frank goes away & it's not replaced & the next financial crisis hits I'll happily dig this gem out of the archives.

Edited by Dr.Sack

There have been plenty of substantive, insult free, conversations had in the dungeon. Even on contentious issues. That's the whole reason to keep coming back, at least for the non sadists or masochists out there. ;)

You forget 2004 and 2008 weren't exactly boring election cycles when it comes to partisanship.

"Happens from time to time" meaning from time to time new posters make their way to these parts and have a rocky beginning by over posting and over reacting to the normal slings and arrows that get hurled about. Usually these sorts of aggressive newbies lean left...

Then, they go away after exhausting themselves with the histrionics... or they stick around but with a substantially decrease in post count.

Some people do have lives and things to do and can't be around 24/7/365.

That sure doesn't explain most around here. ;-)

Then, there are the ones who like to show up and shoot fish in a barrel from time to time. You know, the ones that say: "I told you so" or come off as being the "moral voice". We used to have places to go and get that treatment... It usually happened on Sunday morning @ 10:30 or so. ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

So let's take a wait and see approach. This post will go dead, but when Dodd-Frank goes away & it's not replaced & the next financial crisis hits I'll happily dig this gem out of the archives.

It will be blamed on Obama, people taking out loans they can't afford, the Dem Congress and/or the man on the moon

I was just thinking. When was the last time I played checkers? I want to play. Its probably harder to be good than I remember.

But right now I want to have a few dill pickle spears and play checkers.

shut i up needledong Edited by Boyst62

I was just thinking. When was the last time I played checkers? I want to play. Its probably harder to be good than I remember.

But right now I want to have a few dill pickle spears and play checkers.

shut i up needledong

Are you saying your time spent with him was not very fulfilling?