Poll: Where Do You Get The Majority of Your News From?

Dr.Sack

15 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Top News Source

• Fox News
    • CNN
    • MSNBC
    • ABC/NBC/CBS nightly news
    • The Blaze
    • InfoWars
    • Breitbart
    • TYT
    • Facebook/Social Media
    • Podcast
    • Right Wing Radio
    • NPR
    • Drudge
    • Left Wing Radio
    • Other: write-in comments
    • Financial News Channel (Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox Biz)

I'll be honest I'm a huge Fox News fan. I agree with nothing they say outside of.....well nothing actually. It reminds me of this PPP board.

A previous job, we all used to sit down for lunch at noon and watch Fox. We'd wait for what we called the Fox News Trifecta: a car chase, a construction accident (usually a ditch collapse), and more importantly, a missing white woman. We always knew, if the white woman went missing Monday morning, that the Fox producers had their noontime programming set for the whole week.

More seriously...back in 2003, I was watching the invasion of Iraq unfold in real-time. I noticed a pattern where Fox was almost always the first to report any event...but also reported a lot of bull ****, because they rushed every rumor to air without checking it. Conversely, BBC had the best reporting and analysis, but was always the last to report anything. CNN was about midway between the two. But by far the best way to follow the invasion was to watch Fox News for the immediacy, but cross-check everything they said against BBC.

I think you're confusing opinion/editorial content with news.

I think you're confusing progressives with rational people.

I read Gator's thoughts and breakdowns of world events and I assuredly know that's not what's REALLY going on, so it's a process of elimination thing for me. I may not know what's really happening, BUT I CERTAINLY KNOW WHAT ISN'T.

Don't be so sure of that. It is a sign of close minded people.

Guys like Andrew Carnegie would instantly fire guys like you for "salting their food prior to tasting it."

Yeah... I know it is a legend.

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/salted.asp

But it best you don't let it go to your head. The legend is still valuable in ways, unless you are DCTom of course.