49ers officially name Kyle Shanahan as HC

YoloinOhio

If he's getting the matching 6 year contract to John Lynch, he will get at least 3 years IMO. Obviously the QB is the biggest thing, but that team has a lot of holes.

If I was a Niners fan, I'd be pretty concerned with his game management.

@rapsheet

The plan is for new #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan to have control of the 53-man roster, while GM John Lynch has control of other facets.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If he's getting the matching 6 year contract to John Lynch, he will get at least 3 years IMO. Obviously the QB is the biggest thing, but that team has a lot of holes.

@rapsheet

The plan is for new #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan to have control of the 53-man roster, while GM John Lynch has control of other facets.

I don't see this going well. What will Lynch's role actually be? Book the flights and make sure the equipment gets there on time?

But better yet, leave the HC duties AND personnel to a first-timer.

"other facets" reportedly include the music in the locker room, snack menu and hotel accommodations for road games

Nope, those are still under Shannys control

The 'other facets' are to take the blame for bad moves, & attend the boring GM meetings that Shanny doesn't want to go to........Oh, and also to look pretty for the cameras on draft day with their picks

"other facets" reportedly include the music in the locker room, snack menu and hotel accommodations for road games

Well if it is a very well run team he will be able to disallow some members of media from news conferences since they are not reporters.

It means it will not use Bills' model.

You can learn game management, which Shanahan clearly must.

It is harder to un-learn being a punk. This guy is a punk. This guy's father is like 100 and HE is still a punk. If I were a 9ers fan, that is what I'd worry about.

@RapSheet

The plan for #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan is to have QB coach Rich Scangarello, run-game guru Mike McDaniel…and coordinate the offense himself

@evansilva

Evan Silva Retweeted Ian Rapoport

So Kyle is in charge of the 53, working with no-experience GM, HC, OC, and play caller. #49ers

@AllbrightNFL

Concerned Kyle Shanahan may be trying to take on too much in his first HC gig. Big part of leadership is effective delegation.

I think Kyle is scarred for life from what he saw in Cleveland and Washington, which was extreme dysfunction in the FO. He's terrified of not having control as the HC over everything because he saw power struggles everywhere, and the destruction that it caused. He handpicked the GM for that reason and wants to be the one and only voice to avoid all of what he saw go down. His dad was the same way and eveyione hated him who worked for him (this is actual fact) but he won, and that's what Kyle's goal is. So he's setting it up that same way. Sink or swim on his own. Jmo

Also, dan Quinn has control of the 53 in Atlanta as a first timr HC and this is one place Kyle has seen much success, so he probably sees that as the "right" way.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Kyle is scarred for life from what he saw in Cleveland and Washington, which was extreme dysfunction in the FO. He's terrified of not having control as the HC over everything because he saw power struggles everywhere, and the destruction that it caused. He handpicked the GM for that reason and wants to be the one and only voice to avoid all of what he saw go down. His dad was the same way and eveyione hated him who worked for him (this is actual fact) but he won, and that's what Kyle's goal is. So he's setting it up that same way. Sink or swim on his own. Jmo

Also, dan Quinn has control of the 53 in Atlanta as a first timr HC and this is one place Kyle has seen much success, so he probably sees that as the "right" way.

Doesn't McD have control of the Bills 53?