Bills Hire Gill Byrd as Secondary Coach

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the saints cutting Jairus? Maybe Whaley brings him back on a cheap deal. I know he sucked in N.O. But he was good here and lord knows we need safety help. He would fit pretty well into McD scheme. Cheap deal only of course.

Still draft one relatively high of course.

Are the saints cutting Jairus? Maybe Whaley brings him back on a cheap deal. I know he sucked in N.O. But he was good here and lord knows we need safety help. He would fit pretty well into McD scheme. Cheap deal only of course.

Would be weird having daddy as a coach again though.

Can you think of any other situations where it was father and son with coaching and players in the NFL?

That was my first thought as well--if Byrd gets cut as expected, Buffalo has to be a consideration now.

Wouldn't hate that. Good depth/competition for S. Drafting one high doesn't guarantee anything and he'd be a good backup plan, because he IS a quality starter when healthy.

Think of the "I'm Coming Home" video montages and ticket sales Terry!

Edited by FireChan

Letting Byrd (son) walk was one of the few whaley highlights.......don't make the mistake of bringing him back. He was bad attitude walking. And, I think bringing in his father is a PR mistake of the first order. The name is toxic in Buffalo and with me.

It was a good decision to not pay Byrd what NO was giving him, but that doesn't mean Whaley didn't want to keep him at the value that he had him. From what I recall. We all hated his foot issue as fans, but he was well liked and respected by his teammates, it seemed.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Letting Byrd (son) walk was one of the few whaley highlights.......don't make the mistake of bringing him back. He was bad attitude walking. And, I think bringing in his father is a PR mistake of the first order. The name is toxic in Buffalo and with me.

I dislike Jairus as much as anyone. I still believe that his PF was mostly made up and that the advice came from his father who was an advocate of "Me first" in the contract negotiations, but please don't lump us all in with you and others who can't let things go and are unable to differentiate different situations from each other.. Also, consider that doesn't have any meaning in relation to his ability to coach the position.

Edited by jeremy2020