Tyrod hasnt heard from the Bills at all

BeastMode54

Yeah, I'm with you. There is really no benefit to waiting. If they want him back the FO should be talking to his agent. If they don't want him back why are the coaches bothering to talk to him? It's odd for sure

The longer the front office waits to talk to Tyrod, the more pressure there is on Tyrod to negotiate a new contract with the Bills.

I assume that is probably why they are silent. It is a negotiation tactic used in business.

Tyrod will sit and stew on the idea that maybe the Bills will find some other option to go with and that nagging anxiety could potentially make him agree to negotiation talks. If he agrees to negotiation talks, then that means he is willing to take a pay cut of some sort. to remain here as the starter.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The longer the front office waits to talk to Tyrod, the more pressure there is on Tyrod to negotiate a new contract with the Bills.

I assume that is probably why they are silent. It is a negotiation tactic used in business.

Tyrod will sit and stew on the idea that maybe the Bills will find some other option to go with and that nagging anxiety could potentially make him agree to negotiation talks. If he agrees to negotiation talks, then that means he is willing to take a pay cut of some sort. to remain here as the starter.

There is zero pressure on Tyrod. None. If the Bills keep him, fine. If he's released to free agency, even better.

There is zero pressure on Tyrod. None. If the Bills keep him, fine. If he's released to free agency, even better.

Could be. $85 million contract on the line give or take (annual salary over 5 years + bonus money)

When I imagine what it would be like to be in his shoes. I imagine the dude's stomach is probably full of jumping jellybeans every time he thinks about his current situation.

There is no guarantee of anything in the NFL.

If he isn't worried about $85 million then he should go play poker for a living when he is done in the NFL.

Tyrod is a "look at me" type who I would kick straight to the curb and look forward to competing against if another team is dumb enough to let him play. At the preseason game in D.C. you could spot him from a mile away because he was the only guy wearing a red hat, desperately trying to stand out, not being a team player. Get rid of this punk, who by the way CAN'T throw a pass. I am a VT Hokie but not a fan of Tyrod at all. I would take Vick over this loser, if the goal is to win.

I know it's early in the year but you may have successfully written the worst post of 2017, kudos. How exactly does one read that much into a red hat? I guess he's just lucky you didn't see the attention-mongering checkered shirt/hat combo he once wore, who knows what kind of scorn THAT would have engendered.

Could be. $85 million contract on the line give or take (annual salary over 5 years + bonus money)

When I imagine what it would be like to be in his shoes. I imagine the dude's stomach is probably full of jumping jellybeans every time he thinks about his current situation.

There is no guarantee of anything in the NFL.

If he isn't worried about $85 million then he should go play poker for a living when he is done in the NFL.

Give me a break, PD. You know better. $85MM is full contract value. Guaranteed money is $31MM. Taylor could easily make double that in free agency. There are enough teams who need a starting QB, including Arizona apparently, that Taylor and his agent can just sit back and let the Brinks truck pull up to their house.

Give me a break, PD. You know better. $85MM is full contract value. Guaranteed money is $31MM. Taylor could easily make double that in free agency. There are enough teams who need a starting QB, including Arizona apparently, that Taylor and his agent can just sit back and let the Brinks truck pull up to their house.

Whose paying 60 mil for a .500 at best qb that struggles to pass consistently?

I'd like to see either the bears/browns/49ers/ jets pay him though. Get him off the books and draft the future.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

@mikerodak

Today is the first day the Bills could release QB Tyrod Taylor, if they so choose. Essentially a 5-week window until $$ guaranteed March 12.

Additionally, the Bills could ostensibly choose to cut ANY player on their roster as of today. They could also choose to go out for wings today at lunch. Just media pushing the urgency of a narrative few actually believe.

I think you'll be shocked to see how little interest he gets in being anything more than a backup.

I think you'll be shocked to see how little interest he gets in being anything more than a backup.

I feel the opposite. I can think of 3-4 teams who would take him off our hands.

Also, I'm surprised people are in favor of just CUTTING him for cap savings. This is a team that VERY RECENTLY started Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel at QB and those two were only holding down the fort for future "remember him" trivia answer EJ Manuel. Do we forget so quickly what it is like going into a game and KNOWING we had zero chance to put a competent offense on the field? TT may have zero clutch moments in his career but he can at least move the ball and score enough that our defense can be charged to win games for us.

Edited by ndirish1978

If I am a new HC in todays NFL I want the QB to be "my guy". If management shoves Taylor down his throat thats more dysfunction- my hope is the staff is doing a thorough evaluation followed by a strong recommendation either keeping him or not. I dont want wishy washy on the fence bs that gives this franchise another subpar season.