How does a team develop a young QB???

#34fan

1. REPS, dammit!

2. Support. (Build confidence)

3. Simple, low stress, offensive scheming.

4. Find them a go-to guy... Reliable target

5. O-line help.

6. GIVE THEM THE WHEEL!

You guys have any better methods? -Speak now, or forever hold your peace!

I think the most important step missing is being lucky enough to find one.

But your 6 steps are right on. Especially #6.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By being a good team when you get him.

That way you can still win and keep him upright the first few years while he's learning the ropes. Like the Steel Curtain did with Big Ben and the Hawks with Wilson.

Otherwise, you get David Carr.

Edited by reddogblitz

Responding to the highlighted area: Was Derek Carr an elite prospect? No. But he has had a dramatic affect on his team.

Was Russell Wilson and elite prospect? No. But he has had a major affect on his team.

Was Dak Prescott and elite prospect? No. But he has had a major affect on his team.

Was Kirk Cousins and elite prospect? No. But he has had a positive affect on his team and he would be a sought out player if he was on the market.

Your approach to the qb position represents the self-destructive notion of: seeking perfection being the enemy of the good. Your let's wait until next year turns it to let's wait until another year and another year. Before you know it a generation has gone by and you still got nothing.

Great posts here John, I couldn't agree more! Get a damn quarterback already. A team has to be freakishly good to win big with a Tyrod type, if its even possible. I don't understand why folks are happy with mediocrity at such a critical position.

Keep doing your thing Ryan L :lol: