Super Bowl Halftime

Dante

as of right now i am planning on showing up at the fillmore sat feb 19 with my guitar and a representative from the charity of my choice. i will inform you of that charity no less than a week prior and you can tell me if youre comfortable with supporting that cause. it should be well before that but if it isnt it will be something universal like cancer ... which i hadnt intended initially but now obviously becomes immanently apropos so it will probably be that

you will provide a bank or certified check or some other type of prepaid check when i arrive. once the charity representative confirms its validity then we will be set. we can also do that well prior to the event if i am able to guarantee my availability due to treatment schedules

this moment is not too big for me and i am enthusiastic to proceed in any manner you feel appropriate. i would be happy to simply demonstrate to you in an unplugged fashion that i can indeed do it and we will proceed with the donation. if you want to hand me a plug and provide a mic i will perform clean amplified to whomever wants to listen. and i will definitely be good enough that ppl will have some fun with it

i think i will be fine, and if im not i will attempt to proceed anyway and see what happens. but in the event i am too ill then we will just have to chalk it up to life fkg us over with the timing of my treatments

if youre just fronting i STRONGLY urge you should apologize and issue a mea culpa right now. i will forgive you but lets not waste any more of my time here. you dont want to vault to the top of the all-time total dick over thirty plus years of internet message board experience. hell not just mine, pretty much everybodys. you can get out now if you just admit whats going on. we will move on either way but your rep would take a catastrophic hit if you proceed with some kind a façade from here

can you make this happen or not?

This sounds like one of those emails found in my spam folder from the niece of the late Prince of Shulugogami. "You will provide..." and "I am enthusiastic to proceed" are dead giveaways.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so nobody is going to take me up on my bet?

i make an accurate true statement that i am a bad musician and a good performer, that i have written hundreds of songs (only three good ones but legitimately written songs nonetheless), and that i can step up on a stage and do them any time you ask. a bunch of you respond like petty jealous pussies by calling me a liar so i offered to do them on demand in front of any audience you can arrange if you pay money to a charity

and what happens?

nothing but more horseshit from you. no self reflection that maybe you were a dick. no apology to me who obviously is fully ready to show you the truth any time you want. just more petty butt hurtery

lets note what has happened here: i have thoroughly pwnd every one of you that was involved in this in a negative manner. i pwnd you up and down life in a thoroughly embarrassing fashion. dont be upset, it happens, its happened to me many times before, it just happened to you right now. you should reflect on what a bunch of dicks you were and try to not be dicks like that in the future. i dont say this for me i say it for you bc YOU are the ones that suffer when you act the way you did here. and you have a record of your dickitude, so theres no reason not to use it to your benefit

however, the squelch meter is now going way way up on several of you. certain posters shouldnt expect replies from me until you demonstrate youve made progress on limiting your total ass of a personality and try to improve yourselves

and if you think im 'arrogant' or condescending, honestly i dont care. this is america so if you dont like something i say you are free to blow me. im not the one being the total dick here. thats you. somebody needs to tell you youre a dick for your own benefit, and i just did

peace brothers. work out your salvation in earnest, not with fear and trembling, but with the knowledge that you CAN in fact change and have a profoundly positive impact on your lives

i make an accurate true statement that i am a bad musician and a good performer, that i have written hundreds of songs (only three good ones but legitimately written songs nonetheless), and that i can step up on a stage and do them any time you ask. a bunch of you respond like petty jealous pussies by calling me a liar so i offered to do them on demand in front of any audience you can arrange if you pay money to a charity

and what happens?

nothing but more horseshit from you. no self reflection that maybe you were a dick. no apology to me who obviously is fully ready to show you the truth any time you want. just more petty butt hurtery

lets note what has happened here: i have thoroughly pwnd every one of you that was involved in this in a negative manner. i pwnd you up and down life in a thoroughly embarrassing fashion. dont be upset, it happens, its happened to me many times before, it just happened to you right now. you should reflect on what a bunch of dicks you were and try to not be dicks like that in the future. i dont say this for me i say it for you bc YOU are the ones that suffer when you act the way you did here. and you have a record of your dickitude, so theres no reason not to use it to your benefit

however, the squelch meter is now going way way up on several of you. certain posters shouldnt expect replies from me until you demonstrate youve made progress on limiting your total ass of a personality and try to improve yourselves

and if you think im 'arrogant' or condescending, honestly i dont care. this is america so if you dont like something i say you are free to blow me. im not the one being the total dick here. thats you. somebody needs to tell you youre a dick for your own benefit, and i just did

peace brothers. work out your salvation in earnest, not with fear and trembling, but with the knowledge that you CAN in fact change and have a profoundly positive impact on your lives

:lol:

and what happens?

I haven't been involved in this but can you please include me in the "certain posters" group?

and what happens?

Who had Meathead as the first to go in the meltdown pool?

and what happens?

Quite honestly, I'd simply forgotten all about you. You were serious about this?

And you're really trying to strong-arm us by saying "Show up at some unspecified time in front of the Fillmore to pay $1000 to hear an admittedly crappy guitarist, or I'm not talking to you ever again?" Good luck with that.

Are we sure this is real guitar, and not something like a guitar hero challenge?

Man, how sad would it be if meathead were saying "I'm crappy at Guitar Hero, but I'm going to show up at the Fillmore and show you all how great I am at Guitar Hero!"

and what happens?

You are a meathead. And I'm being way too kind in saying that.

The reason I set it at $10,000 is because I feel pretty damn confident that you'd not get your out of tune Fender Strat anywhere near the Fillmore let alone inside the front door and zero chance of getting on stage.

Oh and one more thing. Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Quite honestly, I'd simply forgotten all about you. You were serious about this?

And you're really trying to strong-arm us by saying "Show up at some unspecified time in front of the Fillmore to pay $1000 to hear an admittedly crappy guitarist, or I'm not talking to you ever again?" Good luck with that.

$10,000 Tom.