Nat'l "Right To Work" Law Is Back On The Table

Washington Examiner reports the GOP will introduce a National Right To Work legislation tomorrow that would keep workers from being forced to join a union.

While I'm a big fan of state's rights, I'm also a big fan of liberal heads exploding, and I don't see a downside to this, at least on the surface.

Remains to be seen.

Story here.

Washington Examiner reports the GOP will introduce a National Right To Work legislation tomorrow that would keep workers from being forced to join a union.

While I'm a big fan of state's rights, I'm also a big fan of liberal heads exploding, and I don't see a downside to this, at least on the surface.

Remains to be seen.

Story here.

So there appears to be a left/right agreement that wage gap is one of the primary issues facing our country and you see the elimination of collective bargaining as part of the solution?

So there appears to be a left/right agreement that wage gap is one of the primary issues facing our country and you see the elimination of collective bargaining as part of the solution?

There is no wage gap. Again, go post this tripe in the UFO thread on OTW.

When women make the same career decisions as men, the pay is equal.

However, on aggregate, women tend to make very different sorts of career decisions:

- They disproportionally choose majors which lead to lower paying positions (IE. social sciences as opposed to STEM fields)

- They do not take higher paying physical blue collar jobs such as construction.

- They work fewer hours, and on average work no overtime paid or unpaid. (average work week is under 40 hours)

- They take more days off during their working years.

- They leave the work force for extended periods, often times years, to tend to family needs which erodes their skills.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I've been working since the age of 12 and I've never needed to collectively bargain for what I was worth as a worker. Here's how I bargain for my salary and work conditions: I work hard. If I don't like what I'm getting paid or the conditions of my employment, I get a better job. Don't want me to leave? Pay me more and improve my conditions.

Been working for over 40 years.

The idea that I need a group of high-paid lawyers to negotiate what is best for me based on how I fit into a larger group of people that has nothing to do with me is, quite honestly, ridiculous. Your work ethic and abilities should drive your income...not some lawyers who are literally being paid by me if I were to take one of the jobs for which they're bargaining. How stupid is that?

Don't States have rights?

Typical central statist knob slobbers!

About the only thing you and your ilk are in favor of choice for is the killing of innocent unborn fetuses.

You've really fallen off the deep end Eric. The deep end.

Nope. You probably think you're doing God's work, but you're coming across like a real ****.

Like God didnt come off as an ****? Sorry to hurt your gentle feelings.

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

gop_rape_advisory-96x300.gif

Nope. You probably think you're doing God's work, but you're coming across like a real ****.

i used to think it was a schtick. similar to what myself, jsp, or a few others often do but i truly believe eii has gone off the deep end. maybe not as much as some others but i am worried.

i used to think it was a schtick. similar to what myself, jsp, or a few others often do but i truly believe eii has gone off the deep end. maybe not as much as some others but i am worried.

His posting certainly has changed in the past few weeks, very uneven.

He keeps trying to be cutesy, but he can't pull it off.

His posting certainly has changed in the past few weeks, very uneven.

He keeps trying to be cutesy, but he can't pull it off.

it used to give good relief of character and stuffiness to the room. hell, i can't even manage to do that anymore. i really should stop posting so much because i haven't added anything to the conversation here in months probably, i need to go back to taking potshots and stirring the pot from the side more.

eii has me worried.

I've been working since the age of 12 and I've never needed to collectively bargain for what I was worth as a worker. Here's how I bargain for my salary and work conditions: I work hard. If I don't like what I'm getting paid or the conditions of my employment, I get a better job. Don't want me to leave? Pay me more and improve my conditions.

Been working for over 40 years.

The idea that I need a group of high-paid lawyers to negotiate what is best for me based on how I fit into a larger group of people that has nothing to do with me is, quite honestly, ridiculous. Your work ethic and abilities should drive your income...not some lawyers who are literally being paid by me if I were to take one of the jobs for which they're bargaining. How stupid is that?

This!! These attributes and attitudes served me well throughout a thirty-four year career. There's nothing like being the captain of your own ship.