Super Bowl Predictions and Prop bets

CommonCents

I'm hoping the Pats win and Brady gets the MVP. When Goodell attempts to hand over the trophy I'm hoping that Brady pulls his pants down and spreads his cheeks and tells the insufferably arrogant and pompous commissioner to KMA!

That would be awesome. Screw Goodell

Of course you are

Lol !

Prop bets.

Under on the Luke Bryan national anthem (cousin Sal/Bill Simmons podcasts) have stats on Luke Bryan's average length of Anthem.

Aldrich Robinsons first catch over 6.5 yards.

Will a kicker miss an XP is 5 to 1 iirc.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the Falcons so bad, but the NFL doesn't and neither do the refs.

As is typical in Pats games, a few momentum shifting plays give the Pats a big advantage and no matter what happens, Falcons seem to lose a few close calls. By the 2nd quarter, a 10-3 Falcons lead is turned into a 17-13 halftime lead for Pats.

Falcons regain lead in the 3rd but a couple of bad calls, an injury to Julio Jones, Matt Ryan or Devonta Freeman's and the Pats slowly take control. End of the 3rd and it's 27-23 Patriots.

Without their big star, Falcons begin to lose steam and Pats go up 34-23. Falcons throw pick six or fumble and it's 41-23. Falcons make late run but ultimately can't catch enough breaks and the game ends 44-36.

I hate it, but it's probably going to happen.

I want the Falcons so bad, but the NFL doesn't and neither do the refs.

As is typical in Pats games, a few momentum shifting plays give the Pats a big advantage and no matter what happens, Falcons seem to lose a few close calls. By the 2nd quarter, a 10-3 Falcons lead is turned into a 17-13 halftime lead for Pats.

Falcons regain lead in the 3rd but a couple of bad calls, an injury to Julio Jones, Matt Ryan or Devonta Freeman's and the Pats slowly take control. End of the 3rd and it's 27-23 Patriots.

Without their big star, Falcons begin to lose steam and Pats go up 34-23. Falcons throw pick six or fumble and it's 41-23. Falcons make late run but ultimately can't catch enough breaks and the game ends 44-36.

I hate it, but it's probably going to happen.

I think the Falcons fall behind early, they come up to hyped up Miss easy throws and by the end of the first it is 17-0 NE. The Falcons Oncalms down in the second and makes a couple of drives but one stalls and they settle for a FG. The Falcon D is still being surgically taken apart by Brady and at half it is 31-10. Falcons Oncontinued play well in the third and score 2 TD allowing the Pats only one possession but that Posession is also a TD. After 3 quarters 38-24. Pats punt for the first time in the 4th and Ryan has a chance cut the lead to 7 when Ryan cuts in front of Sanu and returns a pick all the way giving the pats the uncermountable lead of 45-24. Ryan leads a 4th quarter drive that eats up 8 minutes of time for a TD making the game 45-31. The onside kick fails and Blount pretty much takes over and runs for 60 of his 100. Yard game in this one 5 minute drive that's caped off by his one yard run for a TD. Making it 52-31. Ryan gets the ball back with like 2 minutes left and runs out of time.. pats win

52-31 what will be the highest scoring SB of all time.

Brady wins SB MVP as he throws for 415 yards 4 TDs.

(Hey I am a fan I want the Pats win just one in blowout fashion 😂)

That would be awesome. Screw Goodell

Lol !

Prop bets.

Under on the Luke Bryan national anthem (cousin Sal/Bill Simmons podcasts) have stats on Luke Bryan's average length of Anthem.

Aldrich Robinsons first catch over 6.5 yards.

Will a kicker miss an XP is 5 to 1 iirc.

Under what? My book has 125.5, 130, and 134.5 options.

Deion Jones for SB MVP is +15000, for the non betting crowd that means if you risk 100 you get 15,000 in return. It's still early in the week but I'm going to make a play on this.

Jones has the speed to take a mistake back for 6 (has done so multiple times this season) and he will be used to blitz inside and force Brady off his spot. A few sacks and a touchdown could make him the 2nd linebacker in a row for SB MVP!!

Falcons 34 Patriots 24

If those markets exist in the UK I will have a bit of that. Hogan as MVP also.

Deion Jones for SB MVP is +15000, for the non betting crowd that means if you risk 100 you get 15,000 in return. It's still early in the week but I'm going to make a play on this.

Jones has the speed to take a mistake back for 6 (has done so multiple times this season) and he will be used to blitz inside and force Brady off his spot. A few sacks and a touchdown could make him the 2nd linebacker in a row for SB MVP!!

Falcons 34 Patriots 24

Or you can use some common sense and give me $100.

Prediction: Falcons 41, Pats 31. You're never really able to tell when the balance of power has shifted in the NFL (generally meaning AFC vs. NFC, but also in other ways) until a Super Bowl victory makes it obvious. Think Broncos 1997. The NFC team had won the previous 13 Super Bowls (including those 4 that are burned into our brains.) But then the Broncos beat the Packers in Super Bowl XXXII. An then repeated the next year. Yes, I realize there is no similar conference discrepancy now, so I'm talking more generally about the Pats-Seahawks-Packers-Broncos-Bengals-Steelers run starting to run its course. The Falcons are peaking at the right time. They bring a true offensive juggernaut. The Pats have good defensive numbers earned by playing a lot of crappy QBs, far more than is typical in an NFL season. Tomorrow turns the tide.

The lynchpin of the Falcons offense is Alex Mack. How does Belichik take him out? Mack has been getting over the ankle sprain from the championship game. Other than a dirty play, or freak accident there is now way to scheme how to take out a center.

For the last two weeks the message has been the same. The only way the Falcons lose this game is if they beat themselves. Belichik knows that if the Falcons play their best game and the Pats play their best game the Falcons win. Belichik knows he has to make the Falcons beat themselves. That is the genius of Belichik. Belichik never has the best team, but has has every player on the same page believing. Problem is, I think Quinn does too. Belichik isn't going against a Mike Martz coach who was an ego maniac with the greatest show on turf. Quinn and Shanny are focused and able to adjust. Houston is pro Atlanta. Turf, indoors all speak to Atlanta. Pats can't rough up receivers like they did to the Rams. Falcons win this one big time. We look back in 5 years and it is the beginning of the end of the dynasty. Pats are overrated and we as Bills fans know it. Our offense shredded them. The Bills offense!! The Pats are a physical D playing against an offense that is to fast in a league that caters to speed and not physical play.

Falcons 38 Pats 23.