Rex Ryan on his NFL future: "I'm tired of getting !@#&#036

YoloinOhio

How else was his stint going to end here? His record was on full display before he was hired. And yet he was selected to be our HC. That is the main story here. Rex was never known for running having a disciplined team. The Rex and his chaotic act before the hire was the same act when he was in western NY.

I mostly blame the Pegulas for this ridiculous hire. And on the other hand I give the Pegulas credit for so quickly correcting such a glaring mistake. The next person who is going to be under scrutiny is Whaley. He doesn't have the excuse of having an inept coach whose philosophy doesn't mesh with his concept of roster building.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Rex was a clown in NJ but gave him the benefit of the doubt that he learned from his first HC stint, had some success, knew the division, and I still believe Idzik stripped him of talent with the Jets. I supported him until about halfway through this year when it appeared to me he was mailing it in and shirking accountability. I strongly dislike how he decided to go out with this interview. Classless and shrugging his shoulders.

Mehta has always been a Rex fanboy, right? Anyway, none of this surprises me. Accountability and taking responsibility have never been Rex's strong suit. Eff him.

Mehta loves Rex, yea.

And none of this should surprise you. Rex now is the same Rex we hired. It was doomed from the start.

And yet all of this was known before the Bills hired him 2 years ago. What's the point of dumping on Rex now?

Predictable waste of two seasons.

Your point about the wasted seasons is what is so infuriating about his hiring.You make a little progress and then fall back. This constant churning of coaches and philosophies keeps this franchise is a constant state of instability. It seems to never end.

I said it two year ago and I'll say it again now.

Why the !@#$ did we hire this guy?

Its obvious Kim and Terry don't know very much about the NFL and didn't watch prior to becoming owners.

Nothing is going to work. Wait until Brady retires in 5-6 years and then give it a run.

Ralph knew what he was doing. Pay the least amount possible for the coaching staff knowing in advance it wasn't going to work out.

How else was his stint going to end here? His record was on full display before he was hired. And yet he was selected to be our HC. That is the main story here. Rex was never known for running having a disciplined team. The Rex and his chaotic act before the hire was the same act when he was in western NY.

I mostly blame the Pegulas for this ridiculous hire. And on the other hand I give the Pegulas credit for so quickly correcting such a glaring mistake. The next person who is going to be under scrutiny is Whaley. He doesn't have the excuse of having an inept coach whose philosophy doesn't mesh with his concept of roster building.

Your point about the wasted seasons is what is so infuriating about his hiring.You make a little progress and then fall back. This constant churning of coaches and philosophies keeps this franchise is a constant state of instability. It seems to never end.

Rex should have been fired after 2015. The Pegulas did not recognize their mistake fast enough.

i think they absolutely did recognise it. I think they came very close to firing him.... ultimately they backed out of it. It was not acting that hurt them.

A move that wasted another draft filling holes with 'Rex's guys" and wasted the final year of a QB playing at a mid level for peanuts. Brutal.

i think they absolutely did recognise it. I think they came very close to firing him.... ultimately they backed out of it. It was not acting that hurt them.

Hence the ultimatum for Rex last off season.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Rex should have been fired after 2015. The Pegulas did not recognize their mistake fast enough.

Actually they did recognize that he was unfit after his first year. They didn't pull the plug so quickly because they didn't want to be known as the type of owners who acted rashly. Firing him after two years when he was under a lucrative five year contract was a pretty bold move. They do deserve criticism for the hire and on the other hand they deserve credit for firing him rather quickly.

Actually they did recognize that he was unfit after his first year. They didn't pull the plug so quickly because they didn't want to be known as the type of owners who acted rashly. Firing him after two years when he was under a lucrative five year contract was a pretty bold move. They do deserve criticism for the hire and on the other hand they deserve credit for firing him rather quickly.

They kept a known failure on the team for positive PR?

I think that may be worse.