5 draft picks that put us back in the playoffs.

#34fan

Davis would be fine at 10. Howard probably is best picked at 15-20. They are both first round picks so unless you want to give up a second and next years number 1 they aren't getting both.

Bills only have 6 picks thanks to Whaley and Ragland.

Trade back from 10 unless Williams or one of the top 2 safeties fall to 10 (could happen if three QBs taken in top 9) and pick up an extra second round pick.

I agree. Unless Williams is there at 10. Trade back and get C. Davis later in the 1st or Solomon Thomas (DE-Stanford).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like posts like this. Trying to learn more about the college players now. I cant see past round 1, and no draft ever goes the way anyone guesses it will, but I see FS Hooker from Ohio State being the highest on the Bills board at 10 and in a huge position of need. Dont see how they pass him if he's still there.

If Williams is gone and Hooker is there, it will be another run to the table scenario. He is an ideal NFL safety. As you said fills a need but would be BPA if still available at 10.

Best hope is there is a run on QB's early and they Bills just sit back and wait for the real talent to drop to them

If Williams is gone and Hooker is there, it will be another run to the table scenario. He is an ideal NFL safety. As you said fills a need but would be BPA if still available at 10.

Best hope is there is a run on QB's early and they Bills just sit back and wait for the real talent to drop to them

any thoughts that Bills will have a shot to trade down in the first?

any thoughts that Bills will have a shot to trade down in the first?

Really does depend what is still on the board. I think if one of the two receivers is there but the other is gone there will be offers for the Bills pick at #10. The question is whether the Bills think the offer is good enough to move back or whether they stand pat and pick a receiver themselves. That decision might also be influence by what is or isn't their draft plan with regards to a Quarterback.

EDIT: and also I am with others on McDermott..... I think he is slow, a bit cumbersome, and whilst not a terrible pass protector he generates almost zero movement at the point of attack in the run game. I have a 3rd round grade on him and think he projects as a right tackle in the NFL. A fit for a team who are gonna throw it a lot I think. A pass on him for Buffalo. (I just noticed that #34 was saying as a 3rd or 4th rounder - I think that is the right sort of grade for him - still not sold on him as a fit here if we are going to continue to run the ball as we have).

I really, really, do not like this tackle class. In fact I'd go as far as to describe it as brutal. I don't have a single OT with a clear 1st round grade at the moment. I have a 1/2 borderline grade on Lamp at the moment but I am leaning towards a 1st round grade as a guard and a 2nd round grade as a tackle....

Edited by GunnerBill

I watched McDermott through out the year while watching Rosen, was not impressed, guy got run around and over a lot. He could improve and develop but would rather take a better player over a hope-so player

Wait a minute! Is he related to our new head coach?