I Sure Hope That Stupid Wall Gets Built

Tiberius

Ultimately, the funding has to come from Congress one way or another (Donald can't create a new tax out of thin air, no matter what he thinks.)

That's when this ****'ll get REALLY fun.

McConnell said Trump isn't getting a blank check from the GOP. Its going to be REALLY FUN when Congress puckers up tighter than snare drum and The Don loses his ****. I don't think he will handle the realization that Government is not unilateral power well... and that's an understatement.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexican president cancels visit with Trump as tensions intensify

The President of Guatemala cancelled his trip to visit President Nieto due the wall that Mexico built to keep Guatwhatevers out.

Irony. huh? there is a yuge wall down on the Southern Mexico border.

Why doesn't congress just pass a Wall Tax and have Americans fund it? Heck, put together an infrastructure bill that included the wall and a price tag and raise taxes to pay for it?

It's okay to raise taxes, we understand stuff needs paid for. But please stop putting on the credit card per se, just be honest about the plaan.

Look what they did to Mondale, Daddy Bush.

Because one can't say that and get elected. Deplorables don't understand anything outside their own selfish bankbook. So in walks the "perfect politician" aka: Donald J. Trump.

Gee... Like we didn't see this $15 billion bill coming... The Repub boot lickers falling right into line. Let the appeasers find somebody else to blame:

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Famphtml%2Fnational%2Fcongressional-republicans-prepare-to-hear-from-trump%2F2017%2F01%2F26%2F5f1cf8aa-e3a1-11e6-a419-eefe8eff0835_story.html#pt0-803232

if this was Obama we would be hearing about how it will put America back to work and create millions of jobs.

"If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas".

IF

Keep being the appeasers

We aren't talking about Obama. I brought up the money because that is all you guys get worked up about.

The wall represents "automation." Keep people working is hiring border guards.

Note: I deleted my first post by accident, this is response to boyst above.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmobile.nytimes.com%2F2017%2F01%2F26%2Fus%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-republican-retreat.amp.html#pt0-955040

Oops again...

"...They have stayed oddly silent as Mr. Trump and Senate Democrats push a $1 trillion infrastructure plan, larger than one they rejected from President Barack Obama. Once fierce promoters of the separation of powers, Republicans are now embracing Mr. Trumps early governing by executive order, something they loudly decried during Mr. Obamas second term..."

Still keeping hope alive brutha DCTom that "checks & balances" will play out in end?

It's still early Congress grows a set!

Please don't hold your breath, I don't want you passing out. Somebody has to man the bot, release newer, better versions! ;-)

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmobile.nytimes.com%2F2017%2F01%2F26%2Fus%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-republican-retreat.amp.html#pt0-955040

Oops again...

"...They have stayed oddly silent as Mr. Trump and Senate Democrats push a $1 trillion infrastructure plan, larger than one they rejected from President Barack Obama. Once fierce promoters of the separation of powers, Republicans are now embracing Mr. Trumps early governing by executive order, something they loudly decried during Mr. Obamas second term..."

Still keeping hope alive brutha DCTom that "checks & balances" will play out in end?

It's still early Congress grows a set!

Please don't hold your breath, I don't want you passing out. Somebody has to man the bot, release newer, better versions! ;-)

Six days. Checks and balances usually take a little bit longer to evidence themselves, particularly when it's been so long that no one remembers how they work.

I don't care if we pay for the wall, the cameras. the drones or the moat. Whatever it takes. Taxing their goods fine with me. Put up a gofundme page. I'll write a check.

That would be perfect, you guys should pay for the stupid wall.

The !@#$ is this nonsense? You do understand the difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration, right? Because you're advocating for the former and not the latter, while decrying people who advocate for the former and not the latter.

Alternately, an argument for "illegal immigrants without the status of citizenship performing agricultural labor" is pretty much the definition of slavery, you !@#$.

Slavery? You really are an idiot

So the Mexican president cancelled his meeting with Trump after Trump again said they would pay for the wall. Now Trump says it will be payed for by a 20% import tax on Mexican goods. So who will really pay for it? We will because companies will pass the cost on to us with higher prices.

Mexico is our 2nd largest trading partner, with over 15% of U.S. exports going to them produced by 5 million U.S. workers, much of which are raw materials that are assembled in Mexico and sold back to us. So higher prices will reduce demand, which will decrease production in Mexico, which will decrease demand for U.S. exports, which will result in job loss in both Mexico and the U.S., and increase the incentive for Mexicans who lost their jobs to illegally enter the U.S. for work. That's quite a forward thinking policy by Trump.

You covered my thoughts pretty well on this. I try to keep an open mind, because what else can I do until election day... but I just don't see how this is a good plan?

You covered my thoughts pretty well on this. I try to keep an open mind, because what else can I do until election day... but I just don't see how this is a good plan?

It's not a good plan, and that's why Reibus immediately walked it back.

The Wall Street Journal on Thursday slammed President Trump’s treatment of Mexico, calling White House efforts to quell the turmoil between the two nations “amateur hour.”

“On Thursday morning Mr. Trump tweeted ‘if Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting,’ ” the newspaper’s editorial board wrote. “Mr. Peña Nieto cancelled. Later Thursday Mr. Spicer added confusion with some comments about a border fee as part of tax reform. Chief of Staff Reince Priebus tried to walk that back, but this is amateur hour.”

The Journal also warned Trump that his hardline rhetoric on Mexico could force the U.S.’s southern neighbor to turn back to the anti-American sentiments that dominated the country’s political landscape prior to the 1980s.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316460-wall-street-journal-trumps-treatment-of-mexico-is-amateur-hour

It's not a good plan, and that's why Reibus immediately walked it back.

I hate score keeping but how many times was Obama walked back and nothing was done? How does the entire left forget the last 8 years but remember Bush so damn well? I know the GOP is often guilty of tbis , too, but they seldom take the high ground proclaimations of going high "when they go low" type of rhetoric.

I hate score keeping but how many times was Obama walked back and nothing was done? How does the entire left forget the last 8 years but remember Bush so damn well? I know the GOP is often guilty of tbis , too, but they seldom take the high ground proclaimations of going high "when they go low" type of rhetoric.

Well, Obama was a good president who never did anything so stupid like the Iraq War

Well, Obama was a good president who never did anything so stupid like the Iraq War

Chris Stevens asked me to ask you how many days Obama was not at war in his administration?

And to ask if the reset button is broke because Russia sure has got nasty.

And Obama had a son who was a thug who got what he deserved.

And on and on and you'll get the same rhetoric of the left blaming how bad Bush was when he was out of office.

The problem with lil pieces of **** like you are the fact that you exist. Anyone who thinks you're an act can't look past that regardless people like you exist and they're the ones who need to be bullied. Your type is the type that is too weak to stand on their own. Your type is the type that simply needs to die off or be beaten in to submission.

Chris Stevens asked me to ask you how many days Obama was not at war in his administration?

And to ask if the reset button is broke because Russia sure has got nasty.

And Obama had a son who was a thug who got what he deserved.

And on and on and you'll get the same rhetoric of the left blaming how bad Bush was when he was out of office.

The problem with lil pieces of **** like you are the fact that you exist. Anyone who thinks you're an act can't look past that regardless people like you exist and they're the ones who need to be bullied. Your type is the type that is too weak to stand on their own. Your type is the type that simply needs to die off or be beaten in to submission.

Obama started a war? :lol:

You are an idiot

Six days. Checks and balances usually take a little bit longer to evidence themselves, particularly when it's been so long that no one remembers how they work.

I know. I am jumping gun. Yet, the warning signs are showing... Smoke, as early as it is, is forming...

Carry on!

My 92 year old Serbian neighbor whose husband passed away in 2012 and was collecting a German war pension till the day he died... You know what she hears in Trump?

Deutschland! Deutschland!

Well, paint her as a crazy old bat, of course myself as crazy too. Yet, please respect what she went through... Her husband was fighting for the Germans. Yes, maybe against the Soviets (I am not sure, maybe Americans! ??) during the war and in the mountains against Tito after the war. IMO, I take her thoughts not with a grain of salt.

Fox is an outspoken critic of the new American president, and in recent days he has taken to calling out Trump on his immigration policies on Twitter in messages laced with the occasional profanity-turned-hashtag. Among other points, he has asserted, again and again, that Mexico will not pay for Trump’s wall. And on Thursday, he compared Trump to Adolf Hitler and the Republican Party to Nazis.

Fox kept up his criticism of Trump on Friday, sending the White House this message in an interview with MSNBC: “Señor Trump, please, please grow up. I mean, now you're president of a great nation, of the most powerful nation in the world. Please, grow up. Be or try to be a real president.”

“Mexico is not paying for the wall,” he added later. “You are paying for the wall. Taxpayers in the United States are paying for the wall.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-mexico-border-trade-war-vicente-fox-234266

Love it! I hope everyone bashes him for this, because he will never back down.

I know. I am jumping gun. Yet, the warning signs are showing... Smoke, as early as it is, is forming...

Carry on!

My 92 year old Serbian neighbor whose husband passed away in 2012 and was collecting a German war pension till the day he died... You know what she hears in Trump?

Deutschland! Deutschland!

Well, paint her as a crazy old bat, of course myself as crazy too. Yet, please respect what she went through... Her husband was fighting for the Germans. Yes, maybe against the Soviets (I am not sure, maybe Americans! ??) during the war and in the mountains against Tito after the war. IMO, I take her thoughts not with a grain of salt.

All that money for a fence will buy a lot of brown shirt border guards for Trump's rallies

In a strange twist. We actually have Hillary morally representing the position that FDR took. Is Trump the "Father Conklin" who got elected? (Yes, I know he couldn't really get elected... Thank God he was Canadian born)

Sorry there was no better choice. But there was a better choice.

Playing w/fire if anybody thinks that our systemn is strong enough to handle, correct things? Have we finally caught "lightening in a bottle" w/populist Trump. :-(

Gut tells me we are on wrong side of history. I hope to schit I am wrong... I will gleefully endure any attack in coming years if I am!

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-mexico-border-trade-war-vicente-fox-234266

Love it! I hope everyone bashes him for this, because he will never back down.

All that money for a fence will buy a lot of brown shirt border guards for Trump's rallies

Trump is already manipulating media and turning it back on them (Twitter)... See my comment above (how Conklin used Radio). The only saving grace was the establishment wrestled radio away from him (Conklin). Who's gonna wrestle Twitter away when the evil is behind the tiller? The Parks Service?

Yikes!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois