I Sure Hope That Stupid Wall Gets Built

Tiberius

Illegal immigration costing record $135 billion a year, study shows
The swelling population of illegal immigrants and their kids is costing American taxpayers $135 billion a year, the highest ever, driven by free medical care, education and a huge law enforcement bill, according to the the most authoritative report on the issue yet.
And despite claims from pro-illegal immigration advocates that the aliens pay significant off-setting taxes back to federal, state and local treasuries, the Federation for American Immigration Reform report tallied just $19 billion, making the final hit to taxpayers about $116 billion.
State and local governments are getting ravaged by the costs, at over $88 billion. The federal government, by comparison, is getting off easy at $45 billion in costs for illegals.
I don't know how they could come up with that amount

FAUX NEWS

I thought the "population" entering the US was stagnant. (if not more leaving than entering)

If you ask me I'd say that costs are up because Trump ordered mass deportations and it costs money to find and arrest these people.

Q - Are these illegal immigrants working and paying taxes? I always wondered ... what happens to tax dollars collected from an illegal? Who gets it?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illegal immigration costing record $135 billion a year, study shows
I don't know how they could come up with that amount

Well you start with the salaries of public servants like teachers and cops and break it down hourly. I'm not really sure how medical care works for illegal immigrants but I'm sure you could find some way to break it down. You can start getting numbers pretty quickly just from some googling. Won't be the most complete picture, but the fact that education and law enforcement are big parts of those numbers explains why state and local governments bear a lot more of the cost than the feds do.

Well you start with the salaries of public servants like teachers and cops and break it down hourly. I'm not really sure how medical care works for illegal immigrants but I'm sure you could find some way to break it down. You can start getting numbers pretty quickly just from some googling. Won't be the most complete picture, but the fact that education and law enforcement are big parts of those numbers explains why state and local governments bear a lot more of the cost than the feds do.

How do you calculate the loss of economic productivity from a lack of workers?

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/02/colorado-massive-shortage-construction-workers/

If you ask me I'd say that costs are up because Trump ordered mass deportations and it costs money to find and arrest these people.

If this were the $25,000 Pyramid, the cube would say "Things People Say When They Don't Know What They're Talking About."

In California, the moment you climb out of your box car, you qualify for food stamps, housing, health insurance, cell phones and free public transportation. All you need to do is fill out the paperwork to get it going, and there are plenty of people to help you do this.

If this were the $25,000 Pyramid, the cube would say "Things People Say When They Don't Know What They're Talking About."

In California, the moment you climb out of your box car, you qualify for food stamps, housing, health insurance, cell phones and free public transportation. All you need to do is fill out the paperwork to get it going, and there are plenty of people to help you do this.

what didn't you get about the Alternate Truth?

Sure, illegals are a burden on Healthcare. Not the current reason for the increase though.

Welfare FRAUD has been a problem well before the floods of illegals came.

Where is the population Boom when the illegal immigration into the US has flat lined?

The additional cost increases are from the increased deportations.

They can skip out on ER charges too.

you don't need to be an illegal to skip out on ER charges.

My neighbors just got home from California the other day and did a wine tasting tour. Apparently, the farmers are having trouble finding illegal immigrants to pick the grapes and those are the only people who are willing to pick them. So, even without a wall, the threat of a wall and increased border security is apparently working.

Edited by Doc Brown

My neighbors just got home from California the other day and did a wine tasting tour. Apparently, the farmers are having trouble finding illegal immigrants to pick the grapes and those are the only people who are willing to pick them. So, even without a wall, the threat of a wall and increased border security is apparently working.

that was the intent all along...

Except for the California economy and my drinking!! Whose side are you on?!

Believe me when I tell you that if word ever gets out that wineries can't produce wine because they can't find people to pick grapes, every woman in Southern California will drive to Napa Valley wearing knee pads and gloves with their chardonnay holster loaded for bear.

What the farmers are having trouble finding are people who will pick the grapes off the books.

Edited by LABillzFan