I Sure Hope That Stupid Wall Gets Built

Tiberius

No- needs get met, and there is a need for immigrant labor, and also demand for illicit drugs. A physical barrier feels good because you can see something that appears to address the problem, but truth is the problem is solved through well thought out policy, tweaking those policies as needed, and by beefing up forces to enforce those laws.

I appreciate and understand what you're saying, but there will be no well-thought out policy as long as the state of CA continues to openly and unabashedly offer everyone in Mexico free food, free housing, free phones, free health insurance and free education, all wrapped in a promise that you are safe from prosecution for pretty much anything you do.

That's California. Straight up. No BS. Until that stops, the only thing that will keep them out is a shitcanned US economy.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would minefields be more effective?

I don't know about effective, it would certainly be more fun... I know that with certainty.

I appreciate and understand what you're saying, but there will be no well-thought out policy as long as the state of CA continues to openly and unabashedly offer everyone in Mexico free food, free housing, free phones, free health insurance and free education, all wrapped in a promise that you are safe from prosecution for pretty much anything you do.

That's California. Straight up. No BS. Until that stops, the only thing that will keep them out is a shitcanned US economy.

Good point. Craft well thought-out policy, support TX, AZ and NM in enforcement and let California rot into a fester cesspool of crime and debt.... we can call it the 3/4's Plan.

There has to be a way to strong arm California into reasonable changes to immigration policy without defaulting to open border, open amnesty, etc.

There has to be a way to strong arm California into reasonable changes to immigration policy without defaulting to open border, open amnesty, etc.

The only way to make California jump is to withhold whatever federal funds they receive.

In 2009, Schwarzenegger tried to get union salaries reduced because of how expensive it was becoming to use their labor in the state, and Obama (via the Purple People Beaters [sEIU] told Arnold to drop the plan or get no stimulus money. Arnie (a registered Republican who, in actions, actually makes Trump look like a Republican) dropped it so fast it would make your head spin.

Like most politicians, the people running CA demand two things: power and money. They will sell their parents and eat the family pet to keep both.

which is why if Trump has the balls bhe pretends to be would cut off all funding to the state so long as they do not comply with federal law. And I'm a states rights guy but after Obama threatened states over trannies than I am perfectly fine using funding threats for actual federal law

I'll just put this here. I've been following Bay Area news since I moved for poops and giggles. There has been a brouhaha about this couple that was being threatened with deportation (they were eventually put on a plane), Dianne Feinstein even got involved to make sure the family wasn't broken up. They've been here two decades, raised children, paid taxes and stayed out of legal trouble was the rallying cry. If in 20 years you can't figure out how to legally become a US citizen I don't want you here. You're too dumb. Why are we sobbing over them?

I'll just put this here. I've been following Bay Area news since I moved for poops and giggles. There has been a brouhaha about this couple that was being threatened with deportation (they were eventually put on a plane), Dianne Feinstein even got involved to make sure the family wasn't broken up. They've been here two decades, raised children, paid taxes and stayed out of legal trouble was the rallying cry. If in 20 years you can't figure out how to legally become a US citizen I don't want you here. You're too dumb. Why are we sobbing over them?

Anyone who hasn't gone through the proper channels of having their status legalized over a 20 year period isn't interested in becoming legalized.

If that's not a priority for them, then they don't need to be here.

Anyone who hasn't gone through the proper channels of having their status legalized over a 20 year period isn't interested in becoming legalized.

If that's not a priority for them, then they don't need to be here.

See I'm not always that dumb or douching up the board. :D

Why are we sobbing over them?

We're sobbing over them because it's not fair. The only requirements to be an American is to show up here. That's it. You should just be able to come and do as you please because it's your natural human right. [/Democratseverywhere]

What I don't understand about that story is how did it come to be that of all the people who are here illegally, the people we've decided to throw out have been here for 20 years with no problems? I could drive near the Home Depot and grab you a dozen illegals with criminal records who have been here for five months. Why this family? Why now...after 20 years?

We're sobbing over them because it's not fair. The only requirements to be an American is to show up here. That's it. You should just be able to come and do as you please because it's your natural human right. [/Democratseverywhere]

America, land of the Free Stuff and home of the Participation Trophy

What I don't understand about that story is how did it come to be that of all the people who are here illegally, the people we've decided to throw out have been here for 20 years with no problems? I could drive near the Home Depot and grab you a dozen illegals with criminal records who have been here for five months. Why this family? Why now...after 20 years?

Because we do actually need evidence and **** to deport people. The family that's been here for 20 years "with no problems" may very well have some problems (fraudulent documents, obtaining documents via false instruments, etc.). Those guys at Home Depot have no documentation whatsoever and no fingerprints on file (or, better yet, they do have documents...that they bought from some guy who stole them out of a filing cabinet in Puerto Rico). If you can't positively ID them as illegal immigrants, you can't deport them.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump is threatening a government shutdown if congressional Democrats do not give in to his demands to fund a border wall in a spending bill next month, but Democrats do not appear to be backing down.

If we have to close down our government, were building that wall, Trump said during a Tuesday rally in Phoenix, Arizona, suggesting that he would allow a shutdown come October if a U.S.-Mexico wall was not funded.

Democratic leaders responded swiftly Wednesday morning making it clear that the inclusion of wall funding in a bill to keep the government open would be enough for them to vote no.

If the President pursues this path, against the wishes of both Republicans and Democrats, as well as the majority of the American people, he will be heading towards a government shutdown which nobody will like and which wont accomplish anything, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said in a statement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-wall-shutdown_us_599dada8e4b0a296083babf0?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

it seems apparent to me that everything that is or isn't done always accomplishes nothing, and it's always the other guy's fault.

Just as a note, I was looking to swing Republican. I was looking for a libertarian to come home, and I thought 2016 was the time

Instead, I saw an idiot, for whom the mainstay of his plan was a massive government works project. It would cover multiple states, and would force them all to comply. It would require the seizure of assets from private civilians, as they had property along the border. It would then force a massive government bureaucracy to handle a construction project that would have zero real impact on immigration and smuggling.

So when I say the Wall is a liberal wet dream turned nightmare...really think about your dreams

I just read an article about it and the mother was saying she's going to miss birthdays, holidays special events with her family. No you're not. They have these really cool things that allow you to experience these things even though you're far apart and living in different countries. They're called vacations, passports and airplanes. You're not the first, nor the last, people on the planet that have family living in different countries. Jesus get over it.

I just read an article about it and the mother was saying she's going to miss birthdays, holidays special events with her family. No you're not. They have these really cool things that allow you to experience these things even though you're far apart and living in different countries. They're called vacations, passports and airplanes. You're not the first, nor the last, people on the planet that have family living in different countries. Jesus get over it.

The whole thing sounds staged.

Really? That's what you don't understand?

What I don't understand is how we developed a framework of laws and enforcement that allows anyone to stay in the country for 20 years, and then get deported. I even less understand how anyone can argue for large government bureaucracy when capricious **** like this is the obvious end result.

PHOENIX (AP) Border Patrol agents in southern Arizona have seized a nearly 100-pound (45 kilogram) bundle of marijuana after spotting it flying over the border fence.

Surveillance video on Wednesday captured the large package launching through the air over the fence from Mexico to the U.S. Agents on the ground found a large, plastic-wrapped bundle worth about $48,000.

PHOENIX (AP) Border Patrol agents in southern Arizona have seized a nearly 100-pound (45 kilogram) bundle of marijuana after spotting it flying over the border fence.

Surveillance video on Wednesday captured the large package launching through the air over the fence from Mexico to the U.S. Agents on the ground found a large, plastic-wrapped bundle worth about $48,000.

What is your !@#$ing point?