I Sure Hope That Stupid Wall Gets Built

Tiberius

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that the same people who think criminals will have access to guns no matter what law is in place think a wall will stop illegal immigration and travel bans will stop terrorism.

There is no "magic bullet" for terrorism or immigration. There are force multipliers to put in place to help minimize risk.

There is no "magic bullet" for terrorism or immigration. There are force multipliers to put in place to help minimize risk.

I agree and I don't think a wall is the answer. Terrorist groups and drug cartels are resourceful and will get around these measures. As Tom said in this thread, the best way is to disincentivize illegal immigration and increase legal immigration.

It's not even close to indirect, because the lost income to Mexico has nothing to do with funds that will be used to pay for the wall.

Where's boss whitey going to find that labor supply? I know it doesn't get brought up a lot, but a huge reason the Hispanics are in those jobs is because there's a shortage of low-skill low-wage labor force in the pre eminent first world country.

So Chicago, a sanctuary city has well north of 100K illegal immigrants residing there and over 400K statewide. Many of them no doubt are in low-skilled jobs. How about we get rid of most of them and then hold a job fair in the poorer Chicago neighborhoods where teen and young people unemployment is something on the order of 40%?

!@#$ing mayor is a complete idiot defending the illegal folks right to be there and to work while the south side of his city is falling apart, lacks jobs and people are shooting other people 5+ times a day. !@#$ing no-brainer.

I agree and I don't think a wall is the answer. Terrorist groups and drug cartels are resourceful and will get around these measures. As Tom said in this thread, the best way is to disincentivize illegal immigration and increase legal immigration.

USA accepts 1 million a year in legal immigrants while the workforce participation rate is at something like a 40 year low. Uh no.

Edited by keepthefaith

So Chicago, a sanctuary city has well north of 100K illegal immigrants residing there and over 400K statewide. Many of them no doubt are in low-skilled jobs. How about we get rid of most of them and then hold a job fair in the poorer Chicago neighborhoods where teen and young people unemployment is something on the order of 40%?

!@#$ing mayor is a complete idiot defending the illegal folks right to be there and to work while the south side of his city is falling apart, lacks jobs and people are shooting other people 5+ times a day. !@#$ing no-brainer.

USA accepts 1 million a year in legal immigrants while the workforce participation rate is at something like a 40 year low. Uh no.

You missed the point.

Laws and regulations dictate behavior that is usually counter to the spirit of the laws and regulations. Make it cheaper to employ people legally and you'll dicincetivize illegal immigration.

You missed the point.

Laws and regulations dictate behavior that is usually counter to the spirit of the laws and regulations. Make it cheaper to employ people legally and you'll dicincetivize illegal immigration.

Very hard to make it cheaper to employ people legally. You have to make it more expensive to hire people illegally.

You missed the point.

We can't employ all the people here now and social service cost is through the roof. Immigration of low skilled people needs to be reduced.

Make it risky to employ illegal folks and the magnet is much less powerful. Our labor supply of low skilled workers is too big. When we run a job ad here for an entry level operations job we routinely get 200+ applicants in a week.

Edited by keepthefaith

We can't employ all the people here now and social service cost is through the roof. Immigration of low skilled people needs to be reduced.

Make it risky to employ illegal folks and the magnet is much less powerful. Our labor supply of low skilled workers is too big. When we run a job ad here for an entry level operations job we routinely get 200+ applicants in a week.

Making it risky is adds a premium so you are in fact making it cheaper to hire legally. Go after employers who hire illegally and voila. No wall needed.

Sure, increase legal immigration. That will take care of the problem. How is Trump going to jack up economic growth and not let in more immigrants? Who will do all the work that is needed?

Yup, that darn Hillary and Obama wall was a terrible idea :doh:

Stunning how clueless you can be

https://www.facebook.com/DCStatesman/videos/604802976381913/

??? O-Bombus

Edited by BringBackFergy

Narrative ? ?

NONIE DARWISH: On Boycotting Radical Islamic Nations.

Early this morning an Arabic radio station in the Middle East called asking my opinion about President Trump’s ban on refugees and citizens of seven Muslim nations. The radio host, who sounded angry over the ban, was a Christian Arab. She was surprised to hear that I supported the ban and think that it should have taken place the day after 9/11.

She then asked me if I knew any Arab American activist who was against the ban because she wanted to interview someone against the ban. She
seemed shocked to hear that I do not have any Arab or Muslim friends who are protesting the ban, and that many immigrants of Islamic and Middle East origin support the ban and are fed up and embarrassed by what jihadists are doing.

She said that all she sees on CNN and other channels are riots that portray almost all Americans supporting Muslims and against Trump. I am upset over the success of the leftist propaganda all over the Middle East
. It brings back memories of the life of the hate indoctrination and misinformation I lived under for most of my life.

Read the whole thing

— and keep in mind that the progressive left produces heat and noise all out of proportion to its actual size, and that it is treated overseas (and by our own, sympathetic news media) with far more respect than it deserves.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/256109/

Edited by B-Man

Why not let more people in to work? Whats wrong with capitalism?

Depends on your definition of capitalism. I assume your idea of capitalism is "Pay wages to workers, have workers send money over to aunts/uncles in Mexico with little notes that read "Come to America now...lots of money we can send back to our families rather than keep dollars here in local economy".

Why not let more people in to work? Whats wrong with capitalism?

Is there a job for everyone we let in?

Depends on your definition of capitalism. I assume your idea of capitalism is "Pay wages to workers, have workers send money over to aunts/uncles in Mexico with little notes that read "Come to America now...lots of money we can send back to our families rather than keep dollars here in local economy".

Dude. Where have you been all my life? :lol:

Is there a job for everyone we let in?

No, but most

That's how it worked with Italians

And lots of them moved back, also, just like Mexicans

No, but most

Really? Please explain how you've arrived at the very detailed term "most"? Please breakdown a few things that one would need to know in order to come to this conclusion of "most"

1. How many people will be coming in through this nonexistent border?

2. What is the skill set of those that will be coming over?

3. How many current jobs are available that match those skill sets?

4. Which states are most of those people coming over this nonexistent border settle in?

5. How many jobs are available in those states that match those skill sets?

These are just a very few basic questions that I'd like you to think about and then reply to my question again. Do you ever think anything trough before you put hands to keyboard? I know...rhetorical question.

Really? Please explain how you've arrived at the very detailed term "most"? Please breakdown a few things that one would need to know in order to come to this conclusion of "most"

1. How many people will be coming in through this nonexistent border?

2. What is the skill set of those that will be coming over?

3. How many current jobs are available that match those skill sets?

4. Which states are most of those people coming over this nonexistent border settle in?

5. How many jobs are available in those states that match those skill sets?

These are just a very few basic questions that I'd like you to think about and then reply to my question again. Do you ever think anything trough before you put hands to keyboard? I know...rhetorical question.

Enough to satisfy the employment requirements

Dude. Where have you been all my life? :lol:

Ignorance is so attractive to you