I Sure Hope That Stupid Wall Gets Built

Tiberius

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6ac81c1f-3f4e-4e44-a34b-73dd666fcd19.jpg All Hysteria, All the Time

In a way, the Left’s ability to go bonkers in lockstep is impressive. You have to give them credit for message discipline, if nothing else. The idea that a 90-day stay on travel from Yemen, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia and Libya is of any particular significance–let alone the crisis of the age!–is crazy. But on the Left these days, craziness isn’t just permitted, it is required.

There are many ways to gauge the Left’s overreaction to Trump’s executive order. Here is one: the main page of CNN.com. Note that every single story is about Trump’s order, and nearly all of them attack it. “Travel ban blasted,” indeed!

Click to enlarge:

Screen-Shot-2017-01-30-at-4.27.56-PM.png

At this point, I have no idea which side will be hurt worse–the Trump administration for its inept implementation of the travel hiatus, or the left-wing press, for its juvenile and dishonest hysteria.

Certainly there has been a terrifically entertaining increase in hysterical liberal posts and threads here on PPP. No longer just the predictable outbursts of Exiled and Baskin, the ignorance of Pasta and Gator, but now we have The incredibly well-named "Meathead" and lunacy of Dr. Sack.

I knew that there would be a constant outcry, but this has really exceeded my fondest wishes.

But good news for them, I will continue to post articles from the right (pro and anti Trump) that I have no doubt they would not have access to otherwise.

No need to thank me.

Edited by B-Man

Frankly, I'd love to see it be Ted Cruz, approved by the Senate with a majority vote.

Every stitch holding Nancy Pelosi's face together would tear away faster than Bill Bixby stubbing his toe.

I think Ted will get called - but to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg. They kinda look alike, or at least spawned from the same vampire cadaver.

2ljnces.jpgruth-bader-ginsburg-time-100-2015-icons.

Except that's not right. Google "Fleuti Doctrine."

Oh sweet Jeepers. We're cursed. :o

I think Ted will get called - but to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg. They kinda look alike, or at least spawned from the same vampire cadaver.

One of the bigger head-scratchers near the end of Barry's term was realizing RBG wasn't gone to retire. She looks like she could break every bone in her body just by stubbing her toe. The left has probably assigned people to hold her up wherever she goes.

You know, kinda like they had to hold up Hillary.

Anyone like yourself that doesn't see the merits of securing our southern border by whatever means necessary is an absolute fool.

Illegal immigration is at it's lowest ever......Conservative Republicans stopped every Obama spending bill, infrastruture....etc.....but will authorize $12B for a stupid wall? Thought Mexico was paying for it? Not anymore?

Illegal immigration is at it's lowest ever......Conservative Republicans stopped every Obama spending bill, infrastruture....etc.....but will authorize $12B for a stupid wall? Thought Mexico was paying for it? Not anymore?

Your people lost.

Elections have consequences.

Pen and a Phone!

No actually the number of people in the country illegally is at it's highest level ever or very close. I'm sure you recognize the merits of a secure border and an immigration system where those that enter our country do so in a manner consistent with the law.

No actually the number of people in the country illegally is at it's highest level ever or very close. I'm sure you recognize the merits of a secure border and an immigration system where those that enter our country do so in a manner consistent with the law.

That's because the number of illiegals here increases absent mass deportations. Illegal immigration itself is low, which is one of the many reasons the wall is stupid, while better security is not.

Don's EO doesn't address the illegals already here. Hopefully when he does, he thinks it through (all indications to the contrary).

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

The Feds should attach some of the monies that the undocumented Demi-citizens send back to their native country.

Western Union: Send Money to Mexico

OFX: Send Money to Mexico

Walmart: Send Money to Mexico

Remitly: Send Money to Mexico

XOOM - a PayPal Service: Send Money to Mexico

Share Money: Send Money to Mexico

THAT should be taxed at 20%. That's what would truly hurt Mexico. Those remittances are an enormous portion of their budget.

THAT should be taxed at 20%. That's what would truly hurt Mexico. Those remittances are an enormous portion of their budget.

And exactly who wins in that scenario? And exactly what do you win in that scenario?

Even taxed at 10% it would pay for the wall and additional security. Demi-Citizens should be made to pay their fair share. I'll wager that a high percentage of their money is made under the table. I don't generally have a problem with that, but Mexico and Central America have exported its citizens to the US to get money to send back to their country. Okay, so let's get our cut.

And exactly who wins in that scenario? And exactly what do you win in that scenario?

Well, if his orangeness REALLY wants Mexico to pay for the wall, that's how he does it, not with a trade tariff.

Also, it would make the point that Mexico needs to dance to OUR tune, not the other way around.

Well, if his orangeness REALLY wants Mexico to pay for the wall, that's how he does it, not with a trade tariff.

Also, it would make the point that Mexico needs to dance to OUR tune, not the other way around.

Please show me the money flow chart in how Mexico pays for the wall with a tax on remittances.

Please show me the money flow chart in how Mexico pays for the wall with a tax on remittances.

Illegal sends money to Mexico ---> taxed ----->tax goes to wall ----->remaining money goes to mexico, 20% less than it was before. Mexico pays, not American taxpayers.

Yep. Get the fees directly from the transmitting agent. EFT directly to the US Treasury.

And, if they use mules to carry greenbacks over the border, then all the $ is confiscated and the mules get deported after a month in the slammer with Tuco. :ph34r: