I Sure Hope That Stupid Wall Gets Built

Tiberius

Securing it?? :lol: You think a stupid wall will secure anything? You are the fool, but a useful one to Trump

Ya, I am for open boarders, btw. Get rid of barriers to economic growth

Can't wait till its discovered that illegals are working on the wall, wearing hats made in Vietnam saying Make America Great Again, lol

OK, you're earned the fool merit badge. Wear it proud.

I agree that you need to secure the border but do you really think a wall will change anything? Look at the Israelis and the issues they've had.

One thing isn't going to solve the problem. Wall + technology + real border enforcement + speedy deportations + Coast Guard enforcement + no work without visa + Mexican government caving into pressure to also enforce will all but stop it.

That and we have issues on the Canadian border as well. Not the influx of people just coming for a "better life" but some bad apples coming over from the north.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That and we have issues on the Canadian border as well. Not the influx of people just coming for a "better life" but some bad apples coming over from the north.

In all fairness, though, I suspect Canada is still waiting for the influx of celebrities who promised to leave if Trump won, so let's not rush to do anything with Canada until everyone gets there safely.

Even if you enlist the establishment gov't? AKA: USACE? Get engineering involved?

Be careful what you wish for. I gotta $5,000 "smoking shelter", 1/2 million HVAC upgrade, $10,000 lead test (which I failed... Damn lead chip eating! ;-) ), and 6 million dollar paint job to sell you.

...Oh, wait there is a hiring freeze on. I will get back with you in 2030.

That is a great poem... Was just going to post it. Have you actually read it?

The lead chip eating explains a lot :).

The drug cartels are a smarter, more potent, sophisticated enemy than ISIS. Real deal bad guys. IMO, they are America's public enemy #1.

A wall is a step in the right direction.

Right now drug cartels occupy areas and buildings along the Arizona and Texas borders. They have armed personnel in some areas and both U.S. and Mexican governments know exactly where they are and nothing is done. Of course the Mexican government is on the payroll. Occasionally a shot or two is fired. We don't shoot back, yet.

Securing it?? :lol: You think a stupid wall will secure anything? You are the fool, but a useful one to Trump

Ya, I am for open boarders, btw. Get rid of barriers to economic growth

Can't wait till its discovered that illegals are working on the wall, wearing hats made in Vietnam saying Make America Great Again, lol

Why don't you unlock the door and take in a couple Syrian refugees yourself? Get back to us how it grows your personal wealth.

OK, you're earned the fool merit badge. Wear it proud.

One thing isn't going to solve the problem. Wall + technology + real border enforcement + speedy deportations + Coast Guard enforcement + no work without visa + Mexican government caving into pressure to also enforce will all but stop it.

A "border wall" is a useless and stupid security stunt. You want to secure the border? You'd do better taking half the cost of a wall and increasing the border patrol funding.

The true stupidity is that there is no one single solution to the immigration issue. If you want to reduce illegal immigration, you have to disincentivize it...which means increased border security, increased legal immigration, a more efficient path to citizenship, and greater penalties for immigration violations. Any immigration/border security plan that does not address each of those four points is bloviating pablum intended to distract the masses.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/pensions_spending

Wage grade employees aren't "really" the problem, it's the GS and above stuff. They don't accomplish much and cost a ton. It's "Too Many Chiefs, Not Enough Indians" played out before our eyes each and every day.

Glad I am wage grade and not "really" part of the problem.

Looking @ last chart... It is intetesting to see where the peaks and valleys are in relation to State, Local, and Fed.

Another note... A FERS (around 1984 and on) fed employee will kick in 1.5% of their wage/salary to their pension. They also pay into SS.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

He's also signed one stripping funding from sanctuary cities.

Lefties triggered by news of Trump signing EO stripping federal subsidies from sanctuary cities

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer opened today’s briefing by outlining President Trump’s recent executive orders, and among them is an EO that seeks to strip certain federal funds to cities providing sanctuary to people in the country illegally in violation of federal law.

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/01/25/lefties-triggered-by-news-of-trump-signing-eo-stripping-federal-subsidies-from-sanctuary-cities/

Multiple crazy lib Tweets at the link......

".@PressSec: The American people will no longer be forced to subsidize a disregard for our laws."

It's not like he didn't say he was going to do it....

Edited by B-Man

Lefties triggered by news of Trump signing EO stripping federal subsidies from sanctuary cities

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer opened today’s briefing by outlining President Trump’s recent executive orders, and among them is an EO that seeks to strip certain federal funds to cities providing sanctuary to people in the country illegally in violation of federal law.

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/01/25/lefties-triggered-by-news-of-trump-signing-eo-stripping-federal-subsidies-from-sanctuary-cities/

Multiple crazy lib Tweets at the link......

".[/size]@PressSec: The American people will no longer be forced to subsidize a disregard for our laws.[/size]"

It's not like he didn't say he was going to do it....[/size]

I've argued that Conservatives really only care about making normal people angry, and BMan just seems to want to go out of his way to prove me right

Are we for or against states rights? I forget

The Constitution vests the enforcement of our immigration laws with the Federal government; which is logical and just given the entire purpose of the nation state. The States and the People reserve all rights, duties, and policies not otherwise prescribed for themselves.

"I'm telling you there will be a payment. It will be in a form, perhaps a complicated form," Trump said.

The Constitution vests the enforcement of our immigration laws with the Federal government; which is logical and just given the entire purpose of the nation state. The States and the People reserve all rights, duties, and policies not otherwise prescribed for themselves.

Will you be happy if they deport those people in greater numbers?

The state's "right" to federal money....? :w00t:

The states' right to pick and choose which federal laws they want to follow...

I can only imagine the outrage here if Obama decided to cut off federal funding to NC over the bathroom bill

Edited by SWATeam

I can only imagine the outrage here if Obama decided to cut off federal funding to NC over the bathroom bill

Again: The Constitution vests the enforcement of our immigration laws with the Federal government; which is logical and just given the entire purpose of the nation state. The States and the People reserve all rights, duties, and policies not otherwise prescribed for themselves.

There is no such enumerated Federal responsibility or authority over transgender bathroom issues. As such, that's an item left to the states.

You really have no understanding of how the Constitution works, do you?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Or if Obama even looked at NC wrong these clowns would have to change their underwear.

Again: The Constitution vests the enforcement of our immigration laws with the Federal government; which is logical and just given the entire purpose of the nation state. The States and the People reserve all rights, duties, and policies not otherwise prescribed for themselves.

There is no such enumerated Federal responsibility or authority over transgender bathroom issues. As such, that's an item left to the states.

You really have no understanding of how the Constitution works, do you?

At least he doesn't think the colonies created the constitution ;)

"I'm telling you there will be a payment. It will be in a form, perhaps a complicated form," Trump said.

Will you be happy if they deport those people in greater numbers?

LoL

Mexico: "¡Yo no hablo inglés. Hey donald, te amamos, el cheque está en el correo, y no cum en tu boca!

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-white-house-website-is-no-longer-1485199463-htmlstory.html