Lawsuit filed against Spikes by aquatic services company

It is story by Mike Rodentak:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18543796/buffalo-bills-lb-brandon-spikes-sued-aquatic-services-company

Not sure why it is coming out now other than Rodentak is unhappy to be covering Bills rather than his beloved Pats*. Guess he heard it is going to court again this week.

Spikes re-signed with the Bills in August, and Wolfson obtained another order to garnish Spikes' paycheck. Spikes still owed "The Fish Guy" over $3,000 when a judge ruled last week that the collection be halted. The case will be back in court Thursday.

Only in Buffalo would this be "news"

I think this is presented more as a footnote in a slow period than hot breaking news -- I'd venture it gets a minor mention in most markets but you don't search through all the local Phoenix writers updates daily, for instance

OK, I actually sank to reading the link. It's even more stupid than I thought. He agreed to almost $5,000 to move the tank, and some fish died. Replacement cost? Hmmm. We had a large salt water tank at one point, and I'd flush the fish before moving them across state lines. The fish are VERY expensive, but the cheap ones eat the expensive ones, they get sick, and it's just a nightmare. Add in attorney's fees, and this is the epitome of all that is wrong with people who bang heads for a living and the legal system. We spent almost $70k on a child custody case for our son in the blink of an eye. FISH? REALLY? Kids I get.

I read this and was puzzled by one thing. This was the 2nd time that Spikes engaged The Fish Guy after guy killed a bunch of his fish the first time. One bitten, twice shy? And knowing that The Fish Guy isn't that good, you don't write a contract better the 2nd time around? On top of that, Spikes has an attorney who admitted he didn't do his job, filing paperwork in an untimely manner, etc. Nobody in this situation did their job, but The Fish Guy gets paid anyway. No wonder NFL players go broke.

I read this and was puzzled by one thing. This was the 2nd time that Spikes engaged The Fish Guy after guy killed a bunch of his fish the first time. One bitten, twice shy? And knowing that The Fish Guy isn't that good, you don't write a contract better the 2nd time around? On top of that, Spikes has an attorney who admitted he didn't do his job, filing paperwork in an untimely manner, etc. Nobody in this situation did their job, but The Fish Guy gets paid anyway. No wonder NFL players go broke.

Funny thing is I can replace "The Fish Guy" with many NFL players names, or coaches (Rex Ryan), and it still would read perfectly.