Rapoport: Hints that Bills Are Likely to Keep Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo the rebuild is at the QB position and not the team as a whole. They may think they can win just as many games with Cardale or a high pick as they can TT, and still start building toward the future at the position instead of being in purgatory. I would compare it to what the Eagles did last year.

That's how you read the tea leaves? Duly noted.

Maybe so but the Taylor I saw in the Miami game was bangin' all the throws he's needed to in the Kubiak offense and that was basically the only time all season when he was throwing to two healthy receivers on the field at the same time that would actually see the field for most teams.

Last year should have been all about seeing what Tyrod Taylor could do with a second full season and weapons to work with.

They instead tried to see what he could do with Bob Woods as his primary target and guys other teams wouldn't have........and that's why they entered the offseason in limbo wrt what to do with him.

imo the rebuild is at the QB position and not the team as a whole. They may think they can win just as many games with Cardale or a high pick as they can TT, and still start building toward the future at the position instead of being in purgatory. I would compare it to what the Eagles did last year.

Fair enough, makes sense. I hadn't thought of it like that in that vein with the QB situaution.Trade up is a possibility in that situation...

Why would you keep a QB that was invited to his second probowl in two years? That would make sense, which would contradict the opinions of many on here who think he sucks and even go far as to suggest the piece of human crap known as Manziel or the train wreck known as Cardale would make a better QB.

Why would you keep a QB that was invited to his second probowl in two years? That would make sense, which would contradict the opinions of many on here who think he sucks and even go far as to suggest the piece of human crap known as Manziel or the train wreck known as Cardale would make a better QB.

I was with you, until you went all negative on JF and Cardale. That was uncalled for IMO, and unrelated to anything I've seen or heard about Cardale. Manziel? I'll just say a prayer there.

They'll be looking at a season similar to the 2013 season if they go with Cardale and a high pick over Tyrod, IMO.

And why do they have to get rid of Tyrod to not start building towards the future at the position?

The defense would have to improve dramatically for that to happen. Otherwise you're looking at 3-13.

I was with you, until you went all negative on JF and Cardale. That was uncalled for IMO, and unrelated to anything I've seen or heard about Cardale. Manziel? I'll just say a prayer there.

Yeah I don't see how Cardale is a "train wreck" at all.

that is an interesting take. calling me out for negativity. I am not the one who wants some unproven rookie or a self absorbed tv personality instead of a pro bowl qb. but I do apologize if I offended you.

that is an interesting take. calling me out for negativity. I am not the one who wants some unproven rookie or a self absorbed tv personality instead of a pro bowl qb. but I do apologize if I offended you.

Offended? Really? Ha! No, just not on board with calling a person with addiction issues a "piece of human crap", or characterizing Cardale as a train wreck (with no basis whatsoever that I'm aware of). I actually agreed with you on Tyrod vs the available options, or as you later added, a person I assume to be Rex. So yes, I guess I'm calling you out for negativity, or something worse. That does not make me a hypocrite, just honest. And I almost NEVER call people out, as it's not worth it most of the time. Edited by Augie

That sort of internet trolling/picking (the kind of rhetoric that in any other venue is considered childish idiocy), doesn't much fly on this site. You have to be much better at it to have any kind of impact. I could mention a few posters by name, but I try to avoid that fray.

@BuffRumblings

.@RapSheet hints that #Bills will likely keep Tyrod Taylor: https://t.co/xt9N9ixsEg

That's a poor paraphrase. He certainly didn't say he's "likely" to be kept.

He said it wouldn't be a surprise if he's kept.

Big difference. And he also pointed out that a re-negotiation might be involved if it happens. Yup.

Keeping him is a good move. Shows me we are trying to win now. There isn't a good QB on the open market and my dream of trading for Phillip Rivers is just that, a dream.

IMHO winning now is the opposite of a good move.

Winning now should be irrelevant. Doing whatever it takes to be competitive for a Super Bowl as soon as possible should be the only goal.

What if this was Tyrod`s sophomore slump this year?

I became a Tyrod fan but everyone seen that he regressed this year.

But when i really think about it,id rather get Mike Williams or Corey Davis with that 1st pick.

If they keep Tyrod all i can say is i hope he steps it up.He can do things that no other qb in the league can do.JMO

Slump, yeah. But sophomore slumps don't happen in a guy's sixth year in the league.

Agreed that if they keep him I hope he steps it up. A lot.

Calling a guy so early in his career a train wreck is absolutely negative.

And being invited to a Pro Bowl these days doesn't mean much. It just doesn't. Guys don't seem to want to go if it doesn't mean a trip to Hawaii. If you can get invited to a Pro Bowl with the 20th highest passer rating in the league that doesn't say much about the Pro Bowl. Just the opposite.

Edited by Thurman#1

Out od curiosity, and because I respect your opinion, do you personally think that Foles is a better option than TT?

i honestly don't know. I'm leaning toward yes, but it's not a wide margin. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I think that given the right system and weapons, Foles can be the better pure quarterback. Edited by YoloinOhio

i honestly don't know. I'm leaning toward yes, but it's not a wide margin. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I think that given the right system and weapons, Foles can be the better pure quarterback.

Depends at the cost as well. If it is just like for like I give a small edge to Tyrod. But at $8m vs $16m then sign me up for Foles

First post on this wall after years of reading ... as you can tell from my name .. been around the Bills for a while .. I'm tired of the past quarterbacks who couldn't throw deep. On occasion Tyrod has shown that. Bottom line in my opinion, Rex and the OC Roman/Lynn put the clamps on him ... not to lose the game .. just look at the INT's ... 12 in 2 years ... REALLY .... that's not taking shots downfield or hitting short windows ...that's dink and dunk. Let's get some healthy WR's stretch the field and let her rip. Imagine the run game if the passing game actually stretched the field.

Go Bills ... Looking forward to the Draft .. .another top pick for Whaley ... let's see what happens with the new regime in 2017 ... I'm in NC .. lot of good press on McDermott ... hope he brings the long missing "culture" we've lacked.

And no to Foles .. he was a one year wonderkind courtesy of Chip Kelly offense that it took the NFL to adjust to .. once it did .. he hit the fan.