President Trump's "alternate facts"

Perhaps he meant single most despised Presidential candidate in history. I don't think there's much debate on that one.

Well, there'd be debate on it, but considering the person that comes in at #2 is now sitting in the WH, it'd be tough taking the title from her.

And if it's strictly "despised" rather than disliked or distrusted, W might win that one. A whole lot of lefties absolutely hated him.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there'd be debate on it, but considering the person that comes in at #2 is now sitting in the WH, it'd be tough taking the title from her.

And if it's strictly "despised" rather than disliked or distrusted, W might win that one. A whole lot of lefties absolutely hated him.

It seems like the Bush hatred dissipated pretty quickly after he left office, but I agree there is some permanent anger over the 2000 election. On Hillary, people have been hating her for 25 years and it just reached its crescendo.

As for Trump, ten years ago half the people now wearing kitty hats were happily watching The Apprentice. And six months ago they still considered him a joke. But he has inspired a post-election response like no one I can think of since Lincoln.

It seems like the Bush hatred dissipated pretty quickly after he left office, but I agree there is some permanent anger over the 2000 election. On Hillary, people have been hating her for 25 years and it just reached its crescendo.

As for Trump, ten years ago half the people now wearing kitty hats were happily watching The Apprentice. And six months ago they still considered him a joke. But he has inspired a post-election response like no one I can think of since Lincoln.

Of course, to hear them say it, this is nothing compared to the racism Obama faced at his inauguration.

i loved sterns black jeopardy with robin quivers. several times i had to pull over from my hoboken to morristown commute to not laugh myself into a bridge abutment

that was his maximum funny, just before he became a popular brand. robins straight lines were deadly hilarious. perfect comedic team

True. I know grown up, adult people that literally claimed to have laid on their couch for a day after the election too stunned to move. Also, pretty certain that we were supposed to be in a nuclear war started by the Cheeto-dust golem by now.

He [Trump] said 3 to 5 million people could have voted illegally, based on the studies that hes seen,

- Spicer

Not maybe a lie but a fairy tale backed by Alex Jones. Safely falls in Trump's alternate facts.

What a nightmare. It's Tuesday. Only Tuesday.

It's only a "nightmare", because the losers have been drawing out the process of losing.

For instance, this thread.

(I love this quote..."I'll root for his success but the lies he uses to protect his thin skin are BS." Point out a thread, where you "root" for anything he has proposed.)

Edited by HoF Watkins

He [Trump] said 3 to 5 million people could have voted illegally, based on the studies that hes seen,

- Spicer

Not maybe a lie but a fairy tale backed by Alex Jones. Safely falls in Trump's alternate facts.

I wouldn't even call it a fairy tale as much as an unproven assertion.

And unprovable. Let's not forget that most states with high numbers of illegal immigrants do not track illegal immigrants, and the maintenance of accurate voter rolls nation-wide is truly execrable. The only justification for that number is that illegal aliens vote at the same rate as registered voters, which strikes me as pretty unlikely...but again, unproven.

Of course, to hear them say it, this is nothing compared to the racism Obama faced at his inauguration.

that was the race grievance industry just getting revved up. it crescendoed with the ridiculous premise that was BLM and the deplorables comment. and it definitely the biggest single factor that cost her the election

True. I know grown up, adult people that literally claimed to have laid on their couch for a day after the election too stunned to move.

from the minute he was a candidate and the chorus of calls that he was some kind of virulent racist were being echoed non-stop i started shouting from the interwebs rooftops that was more likely to get him elected as not

nobody listened

now we got the stooge

put an orange wig on curly and thats now the president

I guess the larger question is why are you, or anyone, surprised by this?

Did you somehow think a guy who acted like this right up to geting tapped the most powerful leader of the free world was then going to suddenly STOP acting like this?

I need to get a bumper sticker that says "I was mocking Trump before mocking Trump was cool."

Edited by LABillzFan

Did you somehow think a guy who acted like this right up to geting tapped the most powerful leader of the free world was then going to suddenly STOP acting like this?

I need to get a bumper sticker that says "I was mocking Trump before mocking Trump was cool."

Was it just you, me, and GG who saw this coming a mile away?

The real reason Trump was elected was that America collectively has a 30-second attention span. How do you forget that Trump was a WWE personality???

Was it just you, me, and GG who saw this coming a mile away?

The real reason Trump was elected was that America collectively has a 30-second attention span. How do you forget that Trump was a WWE personality???

Must have been the other political circle jerk on this site.

well i have to admit i didnt see it coming. not till it was waay too late

even as i was warning about it i was saying to myself we cant possible do this ... can we? naaaaaah

but it makes sense now. not good sense mind you. typical human horseshit sense really. but sense

I will say, he seemed to have learned a lot from the Obama camp.

Instead of spotlighting any of the executive orders he's signing, the news is busy talking about alternate facts about inauguration numbers, illegals voting, women marches, why Melania was frowning, Russian influences, will Hillary re-enter politics, and Ashley Judd.

He could light the Constitution on fire tomorrow and piss out the flames and launch nukes on China with his tiny fingers, and we'd never know because we'd be preoccupied with learning if Madonna was going to get arrested for her speech.

Edited by Joe Miner