President Trump's "alternate facts"

I don't actually need to. The reason companies hire people is to do work, not to be diverse. If the work's getting done, there is no "diversity problem." It's just pseudo-sociological bull ****.

Tell that to the SJWs who've identified a major problem in a major US industry.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you saying that the hospitality industry is hiring foreign workers due to the lack of supply of US workers or because the hospitality industry wants to pay below level wages?

Let me answer it this way. How many Americans are going to line up for crap jobs where they're usually treated like crap that they're just going to be laid off from in 3 months?

This, and the vineyard workers which are part-time as well, is exactly what the visa program was designed for. So having said that the Trumps are "model" employers. The issue is the employers that hire illegals and pay them under the table.

Let me answer it this way. How many Americans are going to line up for crap jobs where they're usually treated like crap that they're just going to be laid off from in 3 months?

This, and the vineyard workers which are part-time as well, is exactly what the visa program was designed for. So having said that the Trumps are "model" employers. The issue is the employers that hire illegals and pay them under the table.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Are those employers hiring the illegals because they pay them less than the prevailing wages for those jobs or because there's no other available labor pool?

Now we're getting somewhere.

Are those employers hiring the illegals because they pay them less than the prevailing wages for those jobs or because there's no other available labor pool?

It's a combination of both. However this conversation is not about "those" employers. It's about the Trumps following the laws regarding hiring immigrants.

It's a combination of both. However this conversation is not about "those" employers. It's about the Trumps following the laws regarding hiring immigrants.

No, the conversation is about Trump criticizing companies for legally hiring foreign workers while he was legally hiring foreign workers for his companies. He's a weasely hypocrite

No, the conversation is about Trump criticizing companies for legally hiring foreign workers while he was legally hiring foreign workers for his companies. He's a weasely hypocrite

Well to be honest the conversation has been all over the place. And I get your point. The day we elect politicians that are not hypocrites and do not say things to whip up their base during their campaign is the day this forum gets boring. :D

I remember during the campaign when Trump was soundly criticized by Clinton and the libs about his hiring foreign workers to build some of his properties. He said he had to because there was a shortage of skilled workers here.

I dunno. Maybe he's got a thin skin. :unsure:

:lol:

“Nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history of covering multiple administrations of different parties,” Dean Baquet, executive editor of The New York Times, said in a statement.

At least not since Obama did it to Fox News and others.

That doesn't justify the move, but it's funny watching the Obama-coddling media take it up the out hole.

“Nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history of covering multiple administrations of different parties,” Dean Baquet, executive editor of The New York Times, said in a statement.

That doesn't justify the move, but it's funny watching the Obama-coddling media take it up the out hole.

And when the Obama Administration tried that, all the other news organizations stood by Fox, not Obama.

And when the Obama Administration tried that, all the other news organizations stood by Fox, not Obama.

Perhaps Baquet should have said "nothing like this has ever happened at the White House to the NYT," because he sounds stupid.

I didn't like it when Obama did it and I don't like it when Trump does it. It's just funnier this time because these nuts have such a superior view of themselves.

You can'd to that to me! Why, we're the MEDIA!

Edited by LABillzFan

Perhaps Baquet should have said "nothing like this has ever happened at the White House to the NYT," because he sounds stupid.

I didn't like it when Obama did it and I don't like it when Trump does it. It's just funnier this time because these nuts have such a superior view of themselves.

Precedent's a B word. Not that they have enough introspection to understand that.

I look back now at the Bush administration's "You're not part of the government, you don't represent the people, you weren't elected by them, you are not our equals" attitude - thoroughly scandalous at the time - and think "How quaint."

Nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history of covering multiple administrations of different parties, Dean Baquet, executive editor of The New York Times, said in a statement.

The only story I can find with any cred is that Fox seems to have been denied some Treasury access, and later they unearthed a couple nasty emails.

Did Obama and his press secretaries exclude networks by name like the Don is doing?

I'm genuinely asking. This seems like new territory.

Well, Obama actually did not do it.....he tried, failed, and then ultimately apologized ( http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/documents-show-obama-white-house-attacked-excluded-fox-news-channel/) and I thought it was classy for the Fox competitors to stand by Fox to force this change, I wonder why it was not reciprocated this time, by the CNN competitors? - to the same extent.

You must admit Obama proved to be a bigger man then than Donald is now, on this topic, no? However, I feel with your excitement on watching some of the left become unhinged all the time that you most likely can't see or will not admit this. And let me preempt the goof balls and call myself a: snowflake, libtard, someone needing a safe space, blah, blah, blah....just to get that out there and over with.....in the hopes one of the un-ending Obama bashers could actually have a decent conversation, yet I fear this forum is more of an outlet than a place for civilized and thoughtful discourse. I know, stupid me. I do say, the one thing that is consistent here is that there is rarely a decent, well thought out conversation....watching the many Trump supporters is so very predictable. Yet, I have to say good on them, really ....if the last 8 years were really that horrible for you, literally (not idealogically - or who is the real snowflake?), than I am glad (seriously) you feel good about Trump and yourself and hopefully this makes you a better person and more productive citizen; as a rising tide raises all ships.

Personally, I think trump is an imbecile of epic proportions, but you know what.....to steal the quote from John Kasich......"when you are on the plane you cheer for the pilot"...

I certainly did not take glee from watching the "right / christian conservatives" become angry, confused, and unproductive when a "black man" became president - I held empathy for them and wished them well; and knew the many checks and balances would not allow too much extreme-ism and this proved true. In retrospect, really, the last 8 years (undeniably) were a strong 8 years for this country on many fronts, this cannot be argued (certainly, idealogically it could, but idealogues of either side or impossible to accommodate). And I am confident 8 years from now, we as country will be as strong...unless of course, there is more to this Russia-thing than we know....then all bets are off.

again, i actually agree with don that the press is at new levels of dishonesty but that still doesnt excuse excluding major players like this

don doesnt even realize hes filling shovels from his own grave. you can see it coming now

Edited by Meathead

Well, Obama actually did not do it.....he tried, failed, and then ultimately apologized ( http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/documents-show-obama-white-house-attacked-excluded-fox-news-channel/) and I thought it was classy for the Fox competitors to stand by Fox to force this change, I wonder why it was not reciprocated this time, by the CNN competitors? - to the same extent.

You must admit Obama proved to be a bigger man then than Donald is now, on this topic, no? However, I feel with your excitement on watching some of the left become unhinged all the time that you most likely can't see or will not admit this. And let me preempt the goof balls and call myself a: snowflake, libtard, someone needing a safe space, blah, blah, blah....just to get that out there and over with.....in the hopes one of the un-ending Obama bashers could actually have a decent conversation, yet I fear this forum is more of an outlet than a place for civilized and thoughtful discourse. I know, stupid me. I do say, the one thing that is consistent here is that there is rarely a decent, well thought out conversation....watching the many Trump supporters is so very predictable. Yet, I have to say good on them, really ....if the last 8 years were really that horrible for you, literally (not idealogically - or who is the real snowflake?), than I am glad (seriously) you feel good about Trump and yourself and hopefully this makes you a better person and more productive citizen; as a rising tide raises all ships.

Personally, I think trump is an imbecile of epic proportions, but you know what.....to steal the quote from John Kasich......"when you are on the plane you cheer for the pilot"...

I certainly did not take glee from watching the "right / christian conservatives" become angry, confused, and unproductive when a "black man" became president - I held empathy for them and wished them well; and knew the many checks and balances would not allow too much extreme-ism and this proved true. In retrospect, really, the last 8 years (undeniably) were a strong 8 years for this country on many fronts, this cannot be argued (certainly, idealogically it could, but idealogues of either side or impossible to accommodate). And I am confident 8 years from now, we as country will be as strong...unless of course, there is more to this Russia-thing than we know....then all bets are off.

Trump gets low scores on style points, and that probably won't change but he is addressing the low hanging fruit that Obama left for him. A tepid job market and economy, lack of border security, national security, runaway health care costs and debt/underfunded entitlements. If Trump and Congress address these issues and improve them, they're winners and I for one won't give a rats ass about style.

Edited by keepthefaith

Well, Obama actually did not do it.....he tried, failed, and then ultimately apologized ....

First of all, you make it sound like it he didn't fail at it, he wouldn't have done it. The only difference between him and Trump is Trump got away with it. In all fairness, anyone who even remotely follows CNN know they are, without question, after Trump. It's all they do. Every day. All day. I can't say if I were in that situation I wouldn't tell them to go phuck themselves....

Second...and this is really the most ridiculous and egregious comment from you:

I certainly did not take glee from watching the "right / christian conservatives" become angry, confused, and unproductive when a "black man" became president -

Anyone who believes this will believe anything they're told. It's ridiculously lazy and embarrassingly wrong. America doesn't twice elect a black man only to quickly become angry, confused and unproductive over their decision.

Think for yourself and life will be more real.