President Trump's "alternate facts"

Again. Not disagreeing with the program. Disagreeing with the message that Daddy Trump hits out at companies that hire foreigners and yet it's perfectly fine for him and his kids to hire foreigners on temp visas.

And yes, his kids are part of the deal too. Otherwise don't f'ng bring them along on official trips. Because you know it won't be long until Ivanka asks to borrow the Navy.

I didn't follow his campaign so I can't address him bashing employers for using the system. You mentioned employers doing it to keep wages down but his son was paying nearly $12 an hour which seems like the going rate for pruning vines.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't follow his campaign so I can't address him bashing employers for using the system. You mentioned employers doing it to keep wages down but his son was paying nearly $12 an hour which seems like the going rate for pruning vines.

No, I said that HE blamed employers for holding down wages by hiring immigrants. Yet when it was pointed out to him that he also hired immigrant workers on temp visas, his excuse was that there weren't available US workers to do that job. That's why he's an idiot.

No, I said that HE blamed employers for holding down wages by hiring immigrants. Yet when it was pointed out to him that he also hired immigrant workers on temp visas, his excuse was that there weren't available US workers to do that job. That's why he's an idiot.

You missed a word between hiring and immigrants in your first sentence. I'll let you guess what that word is. There is a difference in hiring illegals under the table and paying them whatever they'll take versus hiring immigrant workers utilizing the HB-2 visa program where there are prevailing wage requirements.

You missed a word between hiring and immigrants in your first sentence. I'll let you guess what that word is. There is a difference in hiring illegals under the table and paying them whatever they'll take versus hiring immigrant workers utilizing the HB-2 visa program where there are prevailing wage requirements.

I wasn't commenting on idiots claiming that Trump's kids are hiring illegal immigrants.

I was commenting on Trump slamming tech companies who utilize the legal H1-B visa process where there are very high prevailing wages and high compliance costs to hire the foreign workers legally, while his sons are doing the exact same thing with agri workers. That's why he's an idiot too

I wasn't commenting on idiots claiming that Trump's kids are hiring illegal immigrants.

I was commenting on Trump slamming tech companies who utilize the legal H1-B visa process where there are very high prevailing wages and high compliance costs to hire the foreign workers legally, while his sons are doing the exact same thing with agri workers. That's why he's an idiot too

I know what you were commenting on.

So you're going to compare the hiring of highly compensated tech engineers via H1-B to hiring grape vine pruners with HB-2 visas?

Funny how you used the dreaded "I" word when in this case they are legal. :doh:

I know what you were commenting on.

So you're going to compare the hiring of highly compensated tech engineers via H1-B to hiring grape vine pruners with HB-2 visas?

Funny how you used the dreaded "I" word when in this case they are legal. :doh:

Keep digging in. I'm using the words interchangeably because many H1-Bs end up staying and contributing at the high end.

If anything Trump is far more off base in criticizing H1-B, because the wages are high and companies that are hiring the workers are doing it because of shortage of tech talent with qualifying degrees. What's Baby Trump's excuse for hiring low skilled foreign workers?

At a certain point, you have to call an orange moron for what he is. Another thin skinned narcissistic hypocrite.

Keep digging in. I'm using the words interchangeably because many H1-Bs end up staying and contributing at the high end.

If anything Trump is far more off base in criticizing H1-B, because the wages are high and companies that are hiring the workers are doing it because of shortage of tech talent with qualifying degrees. What's Baby Trump's excuse for hiring low skilled foreign workers?

At a certain point, you have to call an orange moron for what he is. Another thin skinned narcissistic hypocrite.

Your argument only works if there is truly a shortage of tech talent in the US and that appears not to be the case. Is there a shortage of Americans willing to pick grapes and prune vines? I'm thinking yes. So those are two very different scenarios which IMO does not make the Trumps hypocrites. Notice I didn't say that doesn't make them fools/idiots etc etc mind you.

Your argument only works if there is truly a shortage of tech talent in the US and that appears not to be the case. Is there a shortage of Americans willing to pick grapes and prune vines? I'm thinking yes. So those are two very different scenarios which IMO does not make the Trumps hypocrites. Notice I didn't say that doesn't make them fools/idiots etc etc mind you.

Actually it is the case.

It is the case, and that's why Trump is a moron.. if Trump keeps beating up the Tech firms, they'll just ramp up hiring in India. Victory!

Actually it is the case.

Not from what I'm seeing/reading/hearing. Remember I live in Tech central.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/the-bogus-high-tech-worker-sho/

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-20150802-column.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2014/11/27/there-is-no-tech-worker-shortage-and-if-there-is-its-the-tech-companies-fault/#5d1a28e9539a

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100674327

Now you could probably come up with as many articles saying there is but I think the issue is "kids" coming out of college are asking for too much money.

And if there is a shortage, and I can't believe I'm saying this, that is part of making America great again. Is getting us to compete in the global marketplace using home grown talent.

Not from what I'm seeing/reading/hearing. Remember I live in Tech central.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/the-bogus-high-tech-worker-sho/

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-20150802-column.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2014/11/27/there-is-no-tech-worker-shortage-and-if-there-is-its-the-tech-companies-fault/#5d1a28e9539a

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100674327

Now you could probably come up with as many articles saying there is but I think the issue is "kids" coming out of college are asking for too much money.

And if there is a shortage, and I can't believe I'm saying this, that is part of making America great again. Is getting us to compete in the global marketplace using home grown talent.

And you can make the exact same argument about employing low skill low wage American workers at the bottom of the pyramid. Where do you think the unemployment rate is higher?

Please convince me that he couldn't find qualified Americans to work three month stints in his Florida hotels, instead of filling them with East Europeans.

Save yourself the trouble, you won't. This is among the many qualities that make Trump a duplicitous douchebag, and defending him in this matter is beneath you.

Some companies want to hire non-Americans simply because they are cheaper and there have been publicized reports in the past couple years of people being laid-off after training their cheaper replacements. bull **** to that.

Other companies, several in silicon valley want to hire non-americans simply because it's the fashionable liberal N.Cal cool we're hip and an extension of the liberal college system and the diverse company thing to do especially since many of our hiring managers are immigrants so they lean in that direction. !@#$ that too.

The University system through it's love for diversity and all things liberal routinely gives preference to non-American students and some of these students then need Visas in order to work after graduation. Double !@#$ that one especially the Universities that are state institutions funded in part by their state taxpayer dollars. We are literally turning away good American in-state kids in every state who want to study engineering and computer science due to ridiculous college admissions practices.

And you can make the exact same argument about employing low skill low wage American workers at the bottom of the pyramid. Where do you think the unemployment rate is higher?

Please convince me that he couldn't find qualified Americans to work three month stints in his Florida hotels, instead of filling them with East Europeans.

Save yourself the trouble, you won't. This is among the many qualities that make Trump a duplicitous douchebag, and defending him in this matter is beneath you.

I won't attempt to defend Trump in this instance but I've seen reports over the years that Florida in particular has a low-skill labor shortage due to short-term agriculture and snow-bird activity. A large shortage due to a big spike in labor needs each year, but yes every effort should be made to recruit citizens into those jobs.

Edited by keepthefaith

What in the world are you talking about? 80% of Silicon Valley is now Indian and Asian men. They would love to get more diversity. They ain't gonna find it.

What in the world are you talking about? That's a majority of non-white males. That is the left's textbook definition of diversity.

What in the world are you talking about? That's a majority of non-white males. That is the left's textbook definition of diversity.

I thought you got the memo that Asians and Indians no longer qualify as minorities.

Do me a favor Dexter. Google "Silicon Valley Diversity" and check out the top hits.

Good point. What the !@#$ do I know about hiring people in the hospitality industry.

Good point. What the !@#$ do I know about hiring people in the hospitality industry.

So are you saying that the hospitality industry is hiring foreign workers due to the lack of supply of US workers or because the hospitality industry wants to pay below level wages?

Do me a favor Dexter. Google "Silicon Valley Diversity" and check out the top hits.

I don't actually need to. The reason companies hire people is to do work, not to be diverse. If the work's getting done, there is no "diversity problem." It's just pseudo-sociological bull ****.