President Trump's "alternate facts"

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't begin to keep up with yesterday's train wreck of alternate facts.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-press-conference-fact-check-president-wrong/story?id=45548271

Amusing moment when the reporter confronts him on his claim to have the largest electoral vote win since Reagan, and he says "Someone gave me that information." What a crock.

Mouth moves. Lies released. We have never had a president who lies like this. Never.

Right and that electoral fact is such an important piece of information and was the centerpiece of his presentation. Who cares. What's that got to do with $20T in debt, national security issues, illegal immigration issues, jobs/economy, health care/entitlement reform? It's articles like this that help the media earn their roughly 15% approval rating and if the Dem politicians keep up their great work over the past month they'll be looking at more historical losses in the senate and house in 2018. How does 60 republican senate seats sound to those on the left?

It was. When Obama lied, he made statements he knew were contrary to reality.

Trump is simply ignorant of what reality is. He's too stupid to know he's lying.

Good point. I'm really not sure which is worse. They are both equally bad but for very different reasons.

Good point. I'm really not sure which is worse. They are both equally bad but for very different reasons.

calculated bull ****: you at least understand the political calculus of your efforts.

stream of consciousness bull ****: who knows the motivation, or if he has any intention of understanding any tenants of the job

Edited by B-Large

Has anyone actually noticed the absolute barrage of negative stories the media is putting out there against Trump? At this time he could cure cancer and they would find a way to make it a negative. He's fighting back in the only way he knows how. Let's put the empathise on what he does, not what he says.

Let's put the empathise on what he does, not what he says.

Certainly that would be best.

He is always going to be a bragging blowhard..........that's who he is.

but , I still have hopes that his administration can get stuff done................while all the focus is on him.

Has anyone actually noticed the absolute barrage of negative stories the media is putting out there against Trump? At this time he could cure cancer and they would find a way to make it a negative. He's fighting back in the only way he knows how. Let's put the empathise on what he does, not what he says.

What positive stories should they be writing?

Like the wife beater guy?

Listen you little pissant, that accusation was taken back by the accuser shortly after she accused him. He may not have been the best choice for other reasons but in general Trump's nominees have been excellent. Why is it that you whiny little B word libs think it's ok to bring up a false accusation from the past but get your panties all in a wad when endless accounts of the Obama era scandals are brought up?

Edited by grinreaper

Listen you little pissant, that accusation was taken back by the accuser shortly after she accused him. He may not have been the best choice for other reasons but in general Trump's nominees have been excellent. Why is it that you whiny little B word libs think it's ok to bring up a false accusation from the past but get your panties all in a wad when endless accounts of the Obama era scandals are brought up?

You mean after he went on Oprah? Or after he with drew his failed nomination? You idiot!

Edited by Tiberius

It was ALOT different.

It sucked but it was different. And Obama is now kitesurfing with rich people/cashing in his chips so I'm a bit more worried about the current president.

When Trump lies in order to cover up the death of a US ambassador, or to pass a law that forces you to buy a health insurance plan you can't afford just so he can launder billions of dollars to his friends, let me know.

Trump is a brash fool, and what we're watching is embarrassing on many levels, but if you somehow think his lies are worse than Obama because Obama is no longer president, you're a lot bigger dumbass than everyone makes you out to be.

Edited by LABillzFan

It matters to me if he tells the truth, but not you. Fair counterpoint.

"If" he tells the truth? Alt fact right there Ben. He's a tour de force blowhard, full of himself as much as B. O. was of himself. And he hasn't given Iran $1.4 BILLION IN CASH. Oh, and he defeated Hillary for which I am most thankful and will put up with some hyperbole and loose talk about "facts".

It was. When Obama lied, he made statements he knew were contrary to reality.

Trump is simply ignorant of what reality is. He's too stupid to know he's lying.

On a certain level, that seems to be true.

I worked with a guy who was a pathological liar. He couldn't tell a story without tripping over "facts" or statements that he had already told. He was hilarious except he was our shop steward and a wack-job. Trump is different than that, but he does love the sound of his own voice.

I like that he got a coal mining EO and at the bipartisan presentation there were union workers present. They were regular Joes along with Congresscritters, Senators, and other dignitaries. At the end of the on air announcement he said something to the effect that, "You know what, I don't know what's next on my schedule, but let's take them (union workers) in to the Oval Office and I'll show them around." You could tell the men were just beaming at bringing invited in to the seat of power. Ace move by President Creamsicle.