Will Tyrod Taylor win a Superbowl in his career?

FireChan

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will he win one?

2. 2. Should we keep him?

So you have 22 guys on the "will" list even though only 7 active guys have won one? I guess that if you excluded the 7 that have won, you would only need the 15 other guys to each win one in the next 15 years to be right. I guess it starts with Matt Ryan...

Yes. I believe that that Atlanta Falcons and their fans believe that Matt Ryan is the guy who will win them a Superbowl.

Do you disagree with that assessment?

Should we have cut Jim Kelly and looked for another QB in hindsight because he never got it done?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I believe that that Atlanta Falcons and their fans believe that Matt Ryan is the guy who will win them a Superbowl.

Do you disagree with that assessment?

Should we have cut Jim Kelly and looked for another QB in hindsight because he never got it done?

No, I disagree that 15 active QBs that have never won a Super Bowl will all win one (hence the "will" list). There are still 7 guys playing (Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Eli, and Flacco) that will almost certainly win at least 1 more between them. You are predicting that 22 active QBs "will" win a Super Bowl!!! That's absurd!!

In terms of Ryan, I think he has a pretty good chance this year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

No, I disagree that 15 active QBs that have never won a Super Bowl will all win one (hence the "will" list). There are still 7 guys playing (Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Eli, and Flacco) that will almost certainly win at least 1 more between them. You are predicting that 22 active QBs "will" win a Super Bowl!!! That's absurd!!

In terms of Ryan, I think he has a pretty good chance this year.

I am not doing that.

This has nothing to do with what will actually happen. It has to do with the belief in your QB.

If you do not believe your QB will win a Superbowl for your team, they are not worth paying. Whether they do or not is irrelevant.

Edited by FireChan

I am not doing that.

This has nothing to do with what will actually happen. It has to do with the belief in your QB.

So then the teams and fans of these 22 QB's (including Wentz) feel that their respective QB's WILL win a SB in their career? I don't think so. Please help us understand your point.

So then the teams and fans of these 22 QB's (including Wentz) feel that their respective QB's WILL win a SB in their career? I don't think so. Please help us understand your point.

I do. Obviously that list is subject to change with the younger guys, which I initially stated.

I am not doing that.

That is "can" they win then not "will" they win. You said in your last post that the list is guys that "will." You can't have it both ways!!!

Technically "will Tyrod" is yes. He already has. The question that you asked has a definitive answer. You are doing a TERRIBLE troll job!! Come one Chan, stop talking out of both sides of your mouth.

That is "can" they win then not "will" they win. You said in your last post that the list is guys that "will." You can't have it both ways!!!

Technically "will Tyrod" is yes. He already has. The question that you asked has a definitive answer. You are doing a TERRIBLE troll job!! Come one Chan, stop talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Yes you can. You can believe they will even if they don't.

I believed Jim Kelly would win a Super Bowl. Did you? If you could go back to 1990, would you have no re-signed him and taken your chances on another QB?

Yes you can. You can believe they will even if they don't.

I believed Jim Kelly would win a Super Bowl. Did you? If you could go back to 1990, would you have no re-signed him and taken your chances on another QB?

So you they "can?" I can't believe that you are struggling with this!! "Will" is a yes or no. You either "will win" or you "won't." "Can" is more subjective. The possibility that someone might is "can." It actually happening is "will."

I've gone back and forth a lot on the QB debate. But now I've decided.

If you cannot say "yes" to this question, you have to dump him. It doesn't have to be a resounding yes, but if you can't say one or the other, you have to dump him.

There is no point wasting years on paying a QB you cannot believe will win you a championship and scrambling to put a team around him. You're better off trying to find the next great top 10 QB by playing in the cellar.

QB's that I personally think pass this test in no particular order (including ones that already have, so you have to keep them too basically):

Brady

Rodgers

Big Ben

Rivers

Romo

Eli

Flacco

Dalton

Bridgewater

Carr

Brees

Winston

Mariota

Dak

Wentz

Newton

Smith

Palmer

Luck

Cousins

Stafford

Ryan

QB's that I am iffy on/cannot say Yes:

Bradford

Cutler

McCown

Tannehill

Bortles

Taylor

Fitz

Kaep

Goff

Now you may say, "how is Alex Smith in the yes category?" To be honest, I am biased by his recent streak of making the postseason. QB's can get hot and get lucky once they make the dance, and he's shown he can make it repeatedly. If some of the iffy QB's were on that KC team, that list may change, but we can't know that for sure.

Obviously lots of those guys are works in progress. Wentz may suck by his next contract, and so could Dak. Goff coul dbe a star in 2 years. But judging today, this is what really matters

There's a group of guys that the answer is yes, and a group of guys that you can't answer, and that's how you should dictate who you pay. Good enough to squeak into the playoffs and always being a bridesmaid is not the goal.

I voted "no" on the SB because the odds are against it.

Example: Taylor probably won't have opportunity to start 11 seasons and even Tom Brady has only won ONE SB in the past 11 seasons.

COULD Tyrod Taylor win a SB? Yes, no question. Worse have gotten there and less productive have won it.

So you they "can?" I can't believe that you are struggling with this!! "Will" is a yes or no. You either "will win" or you "won't." "Can" is more subjective. The possibility that someone might is "can." It actually happening is "will."

Let's try a different tact.

I'd say there's a lesser chance that ALL of those 22 QB's WON'T win a Super Bowl compared to the second list. Agree or disagree?

I'd say there's a lesser chance that ALL of those 22 QB's WON'T win a Super Bowl compared to the second list. Agree or disagree?

7 of them have already won (8 if you include Tyrod).

15 guys on that list "will not" win a Super Bowl. I think that it's likely that not more than 5 of the guys that haven't won one will before their career is over. I think a bunch "can" but not many "will." I will give you a guess on the 5 for fun (Ryan, Jameis, Luck, Carr and Cam). What "will" happen and what "can" happen are not the same.

Way to go out on a limb there...

I mean it's a simple point y'all seem to be struggling with.

Rivers at 27 compared to TT at 27, there is a league of difference in confidence that they will win a Super Bowl. But apparently that's debateable now?

Lol.

Rivers at 27 compared to TT at 27, there is a league of difference in confidence that they will win a Super Bowl. But apparently that's debateable now?

Wow. Just, wow

I said he will win a Super Bowl, and we should keep him. Look at the list of Super Bowl winning QBs and runner ups and you see plenty of QBs that weren't as good as Tyrod.

Jay Cutler, Tony Romo, Mike Glennon, Nick Foles, anyone else more confident we would win a Super Bowl with one of those guys? Not me.

Edited by Dr.Sack

They aren't both 27!! That factors in. Rivers with this Chargers team is much less likely to win a Super Bowl than Tyrod. Tyrod has 7 or 8 extra chances potentially. Rivers at 27 was more likely. I'm not sure what that has to do with now?

It moves every year. Matt Ryan is more likely to win a Super Bowl now than he was a year ago. Carson Palmer is less likely.

I really can't believe you started this thread to try to troll but you can't even figure out what you are asking? It's not that hard!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson