Dennison's zone blocking scheme

Yeah I saw that too. Find it rather comical that people who post to message boards seem to think they are more knowledgeable than people who's careers depend on their knowledge and information about the sport.

Since I admit not to be a technical expert in any way, I do wonder, could Kujo benefit from this and be able to handle RT position as maybe the alleged problem with his leg wouldn't matter as much??

And yet others say the exact opposite

Pulling is not the same as zone blocking. Pulling is for d-linemen who shoot up field after being driven one or one, or crushed by double teams all day. It keep those blocks honest.

Zone is the entire line steps right, or steps left, or steps straight, and then pushes the guy in front of them on a down block, the way they are going. The RB starts off slow, and waits for a running lane to open. If it closes down, Denver has the one cut rule where they can only choose one other place.

i think what he is alluding to is that if you can pull, then you sure as hell ought to be able to step right or left!

If they did that then suddenly the OL's biggest weakness would be LT. Not sure why they'd want to move Glenn, he's done a fine job at LT. Much easier to find a suitable RT than it is to find a quality LT.

I beg to differ; KuJo played very well at LT so while he may not be quite at Cordy's level he is more than serviceable. KuJo at LT and Glenn at RT is far stronger than Glenn at LT and Mills/bag-o-donuts at RT.

I beg to differ; KuJo played very well at LT so while he may not be quite at Cordy's level he is more than serviceable. KuJo at LT and Glenn at RT is far stronger than Glenn at LT and Mills/bag-o-donuts at RT.

Agreed. Resign Kujo now while he comes cheap and move Cordy to the right side. He got paid like a LT so it shouldn't be an issue. We need to put our best 5 on the field no matter how we do it

I hope Dennison is flexible enough to adjust. This O line struggled with a zone blocking scheme in the past. Typically zone blocking emphasizes quick agile O linemen. I see this as a potential disaster.

This o-line struggled with a zone blocking scheme emphasizing quick agile O-linemen when we were trying to play Colin Brown (6'7", 325 lb) and Eric Pears (6'8", 316) at guard.

I'll reserve judgement until I see who we're fielding. Not all zone blocking schemes are equal.

Agreed. Resign Kujo now while he comes cheap and move Cordy to the right side. He got paid like a LT so it shouldn't be an issue. We need to put our best 5 on the field no matter how we do it

While this isn't a bad notion, we need a better RT from somewhere because we need depth, if nothing else. Not convinced Kujo and his knees will hold up to a 16 game season at LT.

Richie pulled a ton last year. Miller seems athletic enough. Groy or Wood is fine at center.

I still say move Glenn to RT and leave Kujo at LT.

The line will be great.

This is what I'm hoping. Richie is great in ZBS and pulling, Miller might struggle, but he improved a lot last year, I hope a new scheme doesn't !@#$ with that.

So do you think he's never going to sign another contract?? Unless that's the case, then of course it's an issue.

This o-line struggled with a zone blocking scheme emphasizing quick agile O-linemen when we were trying to play Colin Brown (6'7", 325 lb) and Eric Pears (6'8", 316) at guard.

I'll reserve judgement until I see who we're fielding. Not all zone blocking schemes are equal.

While this isn't a bad notion, we need a better RT from somewhere because we need depth, if nothing else. Not convinced Kujo and his knees will hold up to a 16 game season at LT.

If they keep Taylor they will be able to plug in another teams scrub like Mills should there be an injury.

Kujo is in his walk year and those have a way of making people find their health. :thumbsup:

Ask Marquise Goodwin......the Bills WR who played the most snaps this year. :lol:

Edited by #BADOL

Pulling is not the same as zone blocking. Pulling is for d-linemen who shoot up field after being driven one or one, or crushed by double teams all day. It keep those blocks honest.

Zone is the entire line steps right, or steps left, or steps straight, and then pushes the guy in front of them on a down block, the way they are going. The RB starts off slow, and waits for a running lane to open. If it closes down, Denver has the one cut rule where they can only choose one other place.

Big problem with this is your offense now reacts to the defense instead of dictating the action. Ironically, Rex's defense wins against this run game, because dline stays home and blitz is unpredictable.

I really really hope Dennison is not a student of one system. I hope he can adapt and have more than one way to play the game.

I kind of agree for right now, since I'm not sure a zone blocking scheme fits Shady's style. But in general, this is Kubiak's game, and with the exception of the Broncos last year (with truly pathetic RBs), his teams have always run effectively. So I have no problem with the concept at all.

If they did that then suddenly the OL's biggest weakness would be LT. Not sure why they'd want to move Glenn, he's done a fine job at LT. Much easier to find a suitable RT than it is to find a quality LT.

The assumption is CK is a decent LT already but a poor RT. You'd rather have a great RT and a decent LT than a good LT and a bad RT.