Incognito

brihs2005

He was touted as the best center in the draft. Was he originally on our radar? Will he fall a few rounds making him a steal on day two?

Anybody know what they are talking about when it comes to this guy because i am completely ignorant about him.

Thanks

He was touted as the best center in the draft.  Was he originally on our radar?  Will he fall a few rounds making him a steal on day two?

Anybody know what they are talking about when it comes to this guy because i am completely ignorant about him.

Thanks

255384[/snapback]

Trouble is he hurt his knee pretty bad. Potentially career-ending. But then again, they said that about Willis too. They say the bad turf at the RCA Dome was the cause. If I were to lose my NFL career that way, I'd be sueing someone. What a crappy way to go.

PTR

Trouble is he hurt his knee pretty bad.  Potentially career-ending.  But then again, they said that about Willis too.  They say the bad turf at the RCA Dome was the cause.  If I were to lose my NFL career that way, I'd be sueing someone.  What a crappy way to go.

PTR

255389[/snapback]

If he was smart, he'd have insurance to cover the potential career-ending injury. Most high-round picks do. Otherwise, they wouldn't go near these beauty pageants.

They say the bad turf at the RCA Dome was the cause.

I can't understand why they continue to hold the combine at a facility that players think has one of the worst playing surfaces in the league. I read a article the other day that mentioned the turf is scheduled to be replaced soon. Brings to mind the Philly preseason game that got cancelled because the turf was too dangerous.

i don't think it was all that bad -- they showed him walking after getting his MRI and he wasn't even limping........

he hurt it doing the shadow drill.......got going the wrong way and lost his balance, twisting his knee on the way down........looked very awkward in the drill.........

Trouble is he hurt his knee pretty bad.  Potentially career-ending.  But then again, they said that about Willis too.  They say the bad turf at the RCA Dome was the cause.  If I were to lose my NFL career that way, I'd be sueing someone.  What a crappy way to go.

PTR

255389[/snapback]

They said he was limping around the combine yesterday. I think if his stock falls we pick him up in the later rounds and let him rehab a year. Makes Teague expendable after next season (if the kid is back to form).

The thing is, Incognito has a REALLY bad temper, and not in a way that shows itself positively on the field. He gets held out of games and has a history of being suspended due to him getting frustrated at himself or his teammates. He is a huge question mark coming into this draft. Oodles of potential, but a pea for a brain. Kind of like the Andy Katzenmoyer of Centers.

That, and he isnt even the best Center in the Draft. Not even the 2nd best! I'd much rather have Chris Spencer from Ole' Miss or Ben Wilkerson from LSU over Incognito. Both of them are very good players without the crazyness. Spencer in particular reminds me a lot of LeCharles Bentley from the Saints. Very versatile player who is a quick learner and could dominate his first year as a pro.

Incognito is good, but hardly the best center available, even without the injury. Here's how I would rate the top prospects at the position:

Chris Spencer of Mississippi

Jason Brown of North Carolina

Ben Wilkerson of LSU (he'd be first were it not for the injuries)

Scott Mruczkowski of Bowling Green

Vince Carter of Oklahoma

Junius Coston of North Carolina A&T

Dylan Gandy of Texas Tech

Incognito

Geoff Hangartner of Texas A&M

Jeb Paulsen of North Carolina State

The thing is, Incognito has a REALLY bad temper, and not in a way that shows itself positively on the field.  He gets held out of games and has a history of being suspended due to him getting frustrated at himself or his teammates.  He is a huge question mark coming into this draft.  Oodles of potential, but a pea for a brain.  Kind of like the Andy Katzenmoyer of Centers.

255403[/snapback]

...and what is with the hair growing on his palms and the XS cup size?