Manziel is back! Sign him Doug!

FireChan

Lets assume that we are going to drop at least one of our current QBs. Assume also we will be drafting one. We will need at least one camp arm between now, and next season's final 53, no? I can't even remember the names of some of the guys that filtered through the organization in that capacity. Some of them were low grade journeymen, some pulled off other team's practice squads, and often they were long-shot prospects. Why not have an entertaining camp arm? Hell, Tebow went to the Pats* briefly. I'd take Johnny Flameout over him.

BINGO.

He will cost next to nothing. He's a former first round talent. Put him on the 90 and see what happens. it's better than Greg McElroy or whatever bums we've had before.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets assume that we are going to drop at least one of our current QBs. Assume also we will be drafting one. We will need at least one camp arm between now, and next season's final 53, no? I can't even remember the names of some of the guys that filtered through the organization in that capacity. Some of them were low grade journeymen, some pulled off other team's practice squads, and often they were long-shot prospects. Why not have an entertaining camp arm? Hell, Tebow went to the Pats* briefly. I'd take Johnny Flameout over him.

No. You do not want a weak minded, alcoholic, drug abusing fool anywhere near your team. Avoid at all costs.

Right, and his chances of staying sober aren't great, especially without professional assistance.

I'm sure he wishes it was that easy. Best of luck to him as a person. Football is a distant secondary dream.

Can't accurately judge a player lost in the sauce. He's got his head right, now let's see where he's at.

He says he's got his head right. Who knows.

The guy has (or had) poor mechanics, a selfish attitude, no discipline, no respect for authority figures, an alcohol problem, a drug problem, a violent temper, zero leadership ability...

What's there not to like?

Edited by hondo in seattle

Sean McDermott would scoff and laugh his ass off at the silly notion of having a no talent loser like Manziel anywhere near his team. This thread is a joke.

Agreed.

McD talks about character and building a winning culture.

Character? Culture builder? Are those the things that come to mind when you think about Johnny Football?

No. You do not want a weak minded, alcoholic, drug abusing fool anywhere near your team. Avoid at all costs.

By characterizing Johnny Football this way, you are giving weak-minded, alcoholic, drug-abusing fools a bad name. Shame on you.

Agreed.

Character? Culture builder? Are those the things that come to mind when you think about Johnny Football?

Sounds like he took accountability, got sober, and is getting back on track. Sounds like a leader to me. That's more than Dareus and Seantrel did.

Sounds like he took accountability, got sober, and is getting back on track. Sounds like a leader to me. That's more than Dareus and Seantrel did.

Seantrel's situation is a bit different. He is battling a life altering and possibly threatening disease. Manziel was just a silver-spoon party boy. Not even close to relating.

Agreed.

No. He is the very antithesis of those things and especially so as a potential QB who would be one of the key leaders of the team.

By characterizing Johnny Football this way, you are giving weak-minded, alcoholic, drug-abusing fools a bad name. Shame on you.

My apologies to any such fools.

Pot won't save Seantrel's life. That's a false argument.

No, it will not save his life. But apparently it will help with his appetite. It's not a false argument smart guy. Manziel is a silver-spoon party boy, Seantrel's case is completely different.

https://www.hellomd.com/health-wellness/cannabis-shows-promise-as-a-treatment-for-crohn-s-disease-and-colitis

No, it will not save his life. But apparently it will help with his appetite. It's not a false argument smart guy. Manziel is a silver-spoon party boy, Seantrel's case is completely different.

https://www.hellomd.com/health-wellness/cannabis-shows-promise-as-a-treatment-for-crohn-s-disease-and-colitis

It's not accepted standard of care. He's not smoking it because his doctors are telling him to do so. Lots of players attempt to self-medicate with illicit substances (or use that excuse because they like to get high) and get suspended for it. He's no different.

I'm sure he wishes it was that easy. Best of luck to him as a person. Football is a distant secondary dream.

I'm not here to pick on the guy, and I've been in a similar situation. IMO someone who goes out of his way to explain that he didn't need professional assistance probably isn't really ready to turn it around.

But I hope I'm wrong.