Game Day Thread: Inauguration

boyst

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAIT, THAT WASN’T THE NARRATIVE ON THE SUNDAY SHOWS: Poll: Voters liked Trump’s ‘America first’ address.

“Dark. Negative. Divisive.

That’s was the immediate narrative about President Donald Trump’s inaugural address. But many Americans liked it. A new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll shows that the new president’s message is resonating with voters, refuting the idea that Trump bungled his first speech as commander in chief.”

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/255561/

Edited by B-Man

WAIT, THAT WASNT THE NARRATIVE ON THE SUNDAY SHOWS: Poll: Voters liked Trumps America first address.

Dark. Negative. Divisive.

Thats was the immediate narrative about President Donald Trumps inaugural address. But many Americans liked it. A new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll shows that the new presidents message is resonating with voters, refuting the idea that Trump bungled his first speech as commander in chief.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/255561/

how the !@#$ does anyone take modern journalism seriously when there are so many egregious spelling errors. It is ridiculous are your a moron if you excuse grammar and punctuation.

Oh, good grief -

"why should you never play poker with a cattleman?"

:lol:

The whole PPP thing came about right after TSW had been wrested back from Rivals. I still remember when I logged in and saw that the bricks were back.

Very shortly after that, an OT topic was posted on the wall by The Avenger which was based in politics - I don't remember what it was though. I do remember that about half of the respondents were into the conversation, and the other half were not, and stated their displeasure at having a political discussion on the board even though it was off-season.

I spoke with Scott and offered to build a page designed specifically for political discussion. He was kind and patient, and did his best to mentor me in the fine art of web design, but I had no clue what I was doing. Finally, he built the page himself and allowed me to name it. The rest is history.

I bailed after a few years, because it was just one big verbal scrum - there were a few people who seemed to know what they were talking about (TPS was a standout in those days) but for the most part it was just name-calling, and it got old real fast. I lurked for the better part of a decade before returning.

It just doesn't seem like it's been 17 years, but looking back, all the time is accounted for. It sure as hell passes quickly.

Great bit of history. Thank you for sharing and contributing to this outlet.

Rivals. Oofah.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to put this issue to bed, since Trump insisted on proof:

The National Park Service on Monday released hundreds of ground and aerial photographs that its staff shot of President Trump’s Jan. 20 inauguration. The agency also released photos of the swearing-ins of former president Barack Obama four and eight years ago. And it’s pretty clear that the crowd size at the 45th president’s inaugural was smaller than at the swearing-in of the 44th.

The discrepancy is clear in the two photos displayed here, which show the Mall shortly before Obama and Trump were sworn-in around noon eight years apart. The 2009 and 2017 photos were taken one hour — and eight years — apart, with Obama’s crowds massing in the photo about one hour earlier than Trump’s audience.

A Park Service official said four of the images were forwarded to the White House after Trump made an unusual call to Acting Park Service Director Michael T. Reynolds the day after his inauguration. The newly minted president demanded that Reynolds produce the images taken by agency photographers, The Washington Post reported in late January. Trump believed the photos might prove the media lied in its reporting.

The images are the official record of the federal government — and they contradict Trump’s claim that more than 1.5 million supporters crowded onto the Mall to watch him take the oath of office. Photos taken by news outlets during the inauguration also showed a crowd size smaller than Obama’s during his first inauguration in 2009 — about two-thirds smaller, according to several estimates by experts.

The Washington Post and other news outlets sought the official images after Trump boasted of his inauguration crowd size and his press secretary, Sean Spicer, accused the media of doctoring photographs to show angles with small numbers of attendees. Spicer also called Trump’s inauguration “the most viewed in history.”

The official images — which show attendees up close, Park Service police monitoring crowds, protesters on the ground as well as aerial photographs shot from government helicopters — show the crowd in attendance is sparser than the president said, and certainly thinner than the crowd that Obama drew in 2009.

“I’m assuming they show exactly what the rest of the world knows,” said Keith Still, a mathematician and crowd expert at Manchester Metropolitan University in England who analyzed the news footage from the Trump inauguration. Still had not seen the Park Service images released Monday. “It was a very large crowd,” Still said. “It was also a third of the Obama crowd in 2009.” That estimate is shared by other crowd experts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/03/06/here-are-the-photos-that-show-obamas-inauguration-crowd-was-bigger-than-trumps/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_powerpost-photos-855pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.da5720bc0026

The National Park Service on Monday released hundreds of ground and aerial photographs that its staff shot of President Trump’s Jan. 20 inauguration. The agency also released photos of the swearing-ins of former president Barack Obama four and eight years ago. And it’s pretty clear that the crowd size at the 45th president’s inaugural was smaller than at the swearing-in of the 44th.

Are you seriously so full-goose-bozo-phucking-deep in TDS that you're STILL digging up evidence about who had the bigger inauguration crowd?

Seriously?

You've gone full gator, and I didn't think anyone other than gator could do that.

Way to keep your eye on the ball, you embarrassing left wing freak.

Oh, and the Trump/Pence 2020 campaign thanks you for your contribution.

Are you seriously so full-goose-bozo-phucking-deep in TDS that you're STILL digging up evidence about who had the bigger inauguration crowd?

Seriously?

You've gone full gator, and I didn't think anyone other than gator could do that.

Can't wait for the hard hitting story that prove that Trump's hair and face are in fact, orange. Then I'll be able to sleep at night.

The National Park Service on Monday released hundreds of ground and aerial photographs that its staff shot of President Trumps Jan. 20 inauguration. The agency also released photos of the swearing-ins of former president Barack Obama four and eight years ago. And its pretty clear that the crowd size at the 45th presidents inaugural was smaller than at the swearing-in of the 44th.

The discrepancy is clear in the two photos displayed here, which show the Mall shortly before Obama and Trump were sworn-in around noon eight years apart. The 2009 and 2017 photos were taken one hour and eight years apart, with Obamas crowds massing in the photo about one hour earlier than Trumps audience.

A Park Service official said four of the images were forwarded to the White House after Trump made an unusual call to Acting Park Service Director Michael T. Reynolds the day after his inauguration. The newly minted president demanded that Reynolds produce the images taken by agency photographers, The Washington Post reported in late January. Trump believed the photos might prove the media lied in its reporting.

The images are the official record of the federal government and they contradict Trumps claim that more than 1.5 million supporters crowded onto the Mall to watch him take the oath of office. Photos taken by news outlets during the inauguration also showed a crowd size smaller than Obamas during his first inauguration in 2009 about two-thirds smaller, according to several estimates by experts.

The Washington Post and other news outlets sought the official images after Trump boasted of his inauguration crowd size and his press secretary, Sean Spicer, accused the media of doctoring photographs to show angles with small numbers of attendees. Spicer also called Trumps inauguration the most viewed in history.

The official images which show attendees up close, Park Service police monitoring crowds, protesters on the ground as well as aerial photographs shot from government helicopters show the crowd in attendance is sparser than the president said, and certainly thinner than the crowd that Obama drew in 2009.

Im assuming they show exactly what the rest of the world knows, said Keith Still, a mathematician and crowd expert at Manchester Metropolitan University in England who analyzed the news footage from the Trump inauguration. Still had not seen the Park Service images released Monday. It was a very large crowd, Still said. It was also a third of the Obama crowd in 2009. That estimate is shared by other crowd experts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/03/06/here-are-the-photos-that-show-obamas-inauguration-crowd-was-bigger-than-trumps/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_powerpost-photos-855pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.da5720bc0026

holy copyright infringement.

Either learn to post acceptable amounts or don't post copyrighted material

Seriously?

the number 3 article on Google news all day was wapos article on this