Game Day Thread: Inauguration

boyst

even after decades of conversations on poltical boads im finding the partisan attacks surprisingly weak here

i read almost ever post but ive gotten good at skimming so many of you are ending up on a sort of mental ignore. i reserve actual ignores for the worst of the worst so it is exceedingly rare for me to actually use that feature but right now there is an even higher percentage of mental ignores than usual. my guess is that the mean abusive personalities have been winning here for so long that reasonable ppl dont even bother to come in here anymore

hopefully i can draw a few more in as time goes on. or i might just give up. i guess we will see

wtf. is my keyboard dropping characters or something? man tons of typos today

Your presence has been virtually non-existent prior to the inauguration, and your topical material has mostly been how Hillary was so much more qualified than Trump. When you get disagreement, you call it "partisan attacks". Are you even aware that most Republicans here did not vote for Trump, nor do they support him? Just because so many here dislike Hillary and believe she was unqualified for the job, you appear to presume that equates with support for Trump. Had you been actually reading and not just "skimming", you'd probably be aware of that.

And disagreement isn't abuse. You'll only get abused here if your case is weak and you double-down on it when called out. And remember - dialogue goes both ways; if you want to be taken seriously it will behoove you to reciprocate.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your presence has been virtually non-existent prior to the inauguration, and your topical material has mostly been how Hillary was so much more qualified than Trump. When you get disagreement, you call it "partisan attacks". Are you even aware that most Republicans here did not vote for Trump, nor do they support him? Just because so many here dislike Hillary and believe she was unqualified for the job, you appear to presume that equates with support for Trump. Had you been actually reading and not just "skimming", you'd probably be aware of that.

And disagreement isn't abuse. You'll only get abused here if your case is weak and you double-down on it when called out. And remember - dialogue goes both ways; if you want to be taken seriously it will behoove you to reciprocate.

which is exactly why no one here takes me seriously. I don't take many of these issues serious enough with regards to how many of you do; most of them are trivial small bits of partisan viewpoints that are a beaten dead horse.

But this is exactly why everyone thinks I'm a joke and I'm OK with that. Sometimes I discuss things seriously - abortion with TYTT, for example.

That's not why he came here.

He came here to proselytize, like so many before him, and once he recognizes that no one gives a !@#$ about listening to their new lord and savior telling them the "truth," he'll run back to the main board. It's a law, like water or dinosaurs.

even after decades of conversations on poltical boads im finding the partisan attacks surprisingly weak here

i read almost ever post but ive gotten good at skimming so many of you are ending up on a sort of mental ignore. i reserve actual ignores for the worst of the worst so it is exceedingly rare for me to actually use that feature but right now there is an even higher percentage of mental ignores than usual. my guess is that the mean abusive personalities have been winning here for so long that reasonable ppl dont even bother to come in here anymore

hopefully i can draw a few more in as time goes on. or i might just give up. i guess we will see

wtf. is my keyboard dropping characters or something? man tons of typos today

This board has been active for about 20 years, and over time PPP has developed a fairly good vetting system for calling out idiots.

Your foray here is just the latest incarnation of somebody jumping in to parrot somebody else's thoughts and then getting indignant when they're immediately laughed at.

Al newbies get one or two posts' of benefit of doubt. But fools aren't suffered easily. If you truly have been lurking here for as long as you have, you certainly would have picked that up.

This board has been active for about 20 years, and over time PPP has developed a fairly good vetting system for calling out idiots.

Your foray here is just the latest incarnation of somebody jumping in to parrot somebody else's thoughts and then getting indignant when they're immediately laughed at.

Al newbies get one or two posts' of benefit of doubt. But fools aren't suffered easily. If you truly have been lurking here for as long as you have, you certainly would have picked that up.

Oh please. Those that don't go along with the group think are labeled idiots. You are an idiot GG

which is exactly why no one here takes me seriously. I don't take many of these issues serious enough with regards to how many of you do; most of them are trivial small bits of partisan viewpoints that are a beaten dead horse.

But this is exactly why everyone thinks I'm a joke and I'm OK with that. Sometimes I discuss things seriously - abortion with TYTT, for example.

You raise steaks. For that, at least, you will always have my respect.

Holy crap - I hadn't thought of that, but PPP is officially 17 years old. I remember "opening night" - the 2000 election. I went to bed after hearing that Al Gore had conceded, and woke up to find that an unholy %@#$storm had erupted.

Ah, the good old days.

Holy crap - I hadn't thought of that, but PPP is officially 17 years old. I remember "opening night" - the 2000 election. I went to bed after hearing that Al Gore had conceded, and woke up to find that an unholy %@#$storm had erupted.

Ah, the good old days.

Some truly epic threads back then.

Oh please. Those that don't go along with the group think are labeled idiots.

i dont like to name call but i have to say i agree this is the case. its always the case. thats why i just skim and mentally ignore until someone that i can acutally have an interaction with emerges from the sea of abuse

the partisans are always threatened by rational thinkers that are immune to their peer pressures, thats why they rachet up the abuse on the new guy that doesnt toe the line. i just let them have their takes and wait for them to realize its not going to work. eventually you hope that it emboldens the actual thinkers to engage

i dont like to name call but i have to say i agree this is the case. its always the case. thats why i just skim and mentally ignore until someone that i can acutally have an interaction with emerges from the sea of abuse

the partisans are always threatened by rational thinkers that are immune to their peer pressures, thats why they rachet up the abuse on the new guy that doesnt toe the line. i just let them have their takes and wait for them to realize its not going to work. eventually you hope that it emboldens the actual thinkers to engage

Again, your ignorance is showing. The people who get the most crap on this site are the unadulterated partisans who are disconnected from reality in thinking they're not partisan.

Case in point, your threads.

if you van justify agreeing with tiberiususis and you have been here a while and don't see what we all see than there is no help for you.

Ah, the good old days.

I confess. I read that and thought it was a typo. Then I saw who you were responding to. :lol:

Ah, the good old days.

Interesting. I remember when I found TBD, a slightly more evolved site than the Rochester D&C discussion board. That was circa 95 or 96 (I remember the job I was working at). I don't remember when Scott flushed us into the PPP toilet bowl. Smart move for sure, but I can't recall when it happened.

I confess. I read that and thought it was a typo. Then I saw who you were responding to. :lol:

Oh, good grief -

"why should you never play poker with a cattleman?"

:lol:

Interesting. I remember when I found TBD, a slightly more evolved site than the Rochester D&C discussion board. That was circa 95 or 96 (I remember the job I was working at). I don't remember when Scott flushed us into the PPP toilet bowl. Smart move for sure, but I can't recall when it happened.

The whole PPP thing came about right after TSW had been wrested back from Rivals. I still remember when I logged in and saw that the bricks were back.

Very shortly after that, an OT topic was posted on the wall by The Avenger which was based in politics - I don't remember what it was though. I do remember that about half of the respondents were into the conversation, and the other half were not, and stated their displeasure at having a political discussion on the board even though it was off-season.

I spoke with Scott and offered to build a page designed specifically for political discussion. He was kind and patient, and did his best to mentor me in the fine art of web design, but I had no clue what I was doing. Finally, he built the page himself and allowed me to name it. The rest is history.

I bailed after a few years, because it was just one big verbal scrum - there were a few people who seemed to know what they were talking about (TPS was a standout in those days) but for the most part it was just name-calling, and it got old real fast. I lurked for the better part of a decade before returning.

It just doesn't seem like it's been 17 years, but looking back, all the time is accounted for. It sure as hell passes quickly.

I bailed after a few years, because it was just one big verbal scrum - there were a few people who seemed to know what they were talking about (TPS was a standout in those days) but for the most part it was just name-calling,

Good thing we've moved beyond that...

Again, your ignorance is showing. The people who get the most crap on this site are the unadulterated partisans who are disconnected from reality in thinking they're not partisan.

Case in point, your threads.

Irony alert on several levels here!!

Not just more qualified than Trump.

More qualified than anyone.

In the history of forever.

But hey...don't call him a partisan.

I'd also say Dwight Eisenhower and Adlai Stevenson were both much more accomplished and qualified to be POTUS than Hillary. Hell, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Al Gore were even more qualified, as was Nelson Rockefeller. You could probably toss George McGovern in there too, along with Bobby Kennedy, and Hubert Humphrey. She's more in the league of the likes of Gary Hart, Eugene McCarthy, John Anderson, Ross Perot, Ralph Nader, and Lyndon LaRouche. :lol:

Not just more qualified than Trump.

More qualified than anyone.

In the history of forever.

But hey...don't call him a partisan.

I still think he was trolling with that. Of course if being first lady is such a valuable qualification to be POTUS, Michelle, Laura, Barbara and Rosalynn must be in the all time top 10. Back it up John Adams!