Game Day Thread: Inauguration

boyst

theres nobody in the history of america that has a broader range of education, intelligence, and direct experience for the job of the presidency

i expect her enormous hubris would have stood a good chance to damage or even destroy her presidency, but she would have had the biggest head start on the job of anybody who ever ran for the office

i dont know how anybody with a rational mind can dispute that, but i realize many of you will anyway

I can argue that just in this election alone, they're were people who were more qualified. Kasich, for one.

But go ahead and repeat what you've been told

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can argue that just in this election alone, they're were people who were more qualified. Kasich, for one.

But go ahead and repeat what you've been told

there is a meme of Ohio that reads "welcome to Ohio... haha. Now you're stuck here." I wish that wasn't the case. Ohio has often fielded good politicians due to the diversity in the state. I hesitate saying it but you have to be able to walk the line down the middle in Ohio and choose your sides to the will of the people.

Iirc Ohio is #2 or 3 on leading country for presidents.

If you want to see the real crowd picture:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/

Zoom to the back and you will see the areas that are not occupied in the press photo are largely filled. Pan and zoom back to the podium and you will see Trump speaking. How embarrassing for pasta joe to have fallen for the media propaganda.

Apparently that picture they showed was from two hours before the speech people when people were still filing in. Disingenuous yes, but I don't think that Spicer had to take a hard-line stance on it. I'm assuming he did it to set the tone for the future.

theres nobody in the history of america that has a broader range of education, intelligence, and direct experience for the job of the presidency

i expect her enormous hubris would have stood a good chance to damage or even destroy her presidency, but she would have had the biggest head start on the job of anybody who ever ran for the office

i dont know how anybody with a rational mind can dispute that, but i realize many of you will anyway

Quit spewing out the left's propaganda. Do you actually think she has more experience than this guy had?

http://www.biography.com/people/george-hw-bush-38066#congressman-and-vice-president

George Herbert Walker Bush was born on June 12, 1924, in Milton, Massachusetts. The son of Senator Prescott Bush, he was born into a wealthy and politically active family. Bush attended Phillips Academy, an elite boarding school in Andover, Massachusetts. He began dating his future wife, known as Barbara Pierce at the time, after they were introduced at a Christmas dance in 1941. Bush was 17 years old at the time, and Barbara was just 16. (They married in January 1945.)

On his 18th birthday, Bush enlisted in the U.S. Navy, becoming the youngest pilot in the Navy during World War II. He served as a combat pilot in the war, flying carrier-based torpedo bomber aircraft and a total of 58 combat missions. He had a brush with death when his plane was hit during a bombing run in the Pacific. After managing to escape the burning aircraft, he was quickly rescued by a U.S. Navy submarine. Bush was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for his WWII service.

After the war, Bush attended Yale University, where he graduated with a degree in economics in 1948. He later moved to Midland, Texas, where he found success in the oil and petroleum industry.

Congressman and Vice President

Bush became chairman of the Harris County Republican Party in 1963. The following year, he ran an unsuccessful campaign for a U.S. Senate seat in Texas. It didn't take long for Bush to enter Congress, however; in 1966, two years after his unsuccessful Senate bid, he was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, ultimately serving two terms. Bush was later appointed to several important positions, including U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in 1971, head of the Republican National Committee during the Watergate scandal, U.S. envoy to China, and director of the Central Intelligence Agency in 1976.

Bush then set his sights on the U.S. presidency, but failed to win his party's nomination in 1980, losing it to his opponent, Ronald Reagan. Bush would make it to the White House soon after, however: He was chosen as Reagan's vice-presidential running mate. Reagan won the 1980 election, defeating Democrat challenger Jimmy Carter. He was re-elected in 1984, with Bush serving as his vice president for both terms.

U.S. Presidency

Bush finally reached the White House's top seat in 1989; he won the 1988 election against Democratic nominee Michael Dukakis, becoming the first sitting vice president to be elected president since 1837. During his nomination acceptance speech at the 1988 Republican National Convention, Bush famously stated, "Read my lips: No new taxes."

During his presidency, Bush skillfully handled foreign affairs during a tumultuous time for the nation. Just months into his first term, he responded to the dissolve of the Soviet Union and oversaw the U.S. military's removal of Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega from power. Not long after, Bush responded to then Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait (August 1990), creating a national coalition and leading a military strike to drive Hussein out of the oil-rich country. Bush's handling of the invasion in Kuwait is largely viewed as his greatest presidential success.

Apparently that picture they showed was from two hours before the speech people when people were still filing in. Disingenuous yes, but I don't think that Spicer had to take a hard-line stance on it. I'm assuming he did it to set the tone for the future.

It's The Art of The Deal 101. You enter a room by kicking the door down, stake out your claim, kick azz, and take names. Then leave at the pinnacle moment of confusion.

I'm a lot less upset about what Spicer did than what the weak weasel Phouxahontas did to Besty DeVos.

But he didn't have a vagina

Beat me too it. :snapsfingers:

I'm a lot less upset about what Spicer did than what the weak weasel Phouxahontas did to Besty DeVos.

http://youtu.be/3ofXjssntTY

In the larger sense, her rudeness is really unimportant.

and I think we should cut her some slack, it's not like Ms. DeVos was offering some corn or pelts to trade......... :rolleyes:

Edited by B-Man

george sr certainly did have a terrific background. i liked big george, voted for twice. too bad he had an idiot for a son and doubly too bad america had to endure his incompetence

but yeah i have to admit he would be at least on par with hillarys background. so i conceed your point

george sr certainly did have a terrific background. i liked big george, voted for twice. too bad he had an idiot for a son and doubly too bad america had to endure his incompetence

but yeah i have to admit he would be at least on par with hillarys background. so i conceed your point

I'm still waiting for your list of Hillary's accomplishments.

Please note that "positions held" are not accomplishments.

you conceded what? I am confused. He is on par how? What did Hillary achieve for herself? Bill achieved more by a large measure than she, for one

Some concession. On par with HRC?

Bush became chairman of the Harris County Republican Party in 1963. The following year, he ran an unsuccessful campaign for a U.S. Senate seat in Texas. It didn't take long for Bush to enter Congress, however; in 1966, two years after his unsuccessful Senate bid, he was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, ultimately serving two terms. Bush was later appointed to several important positions, including U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in 1971, head of the Republican National Committee during the Watergate scandal, U.S. envoy to China, and director of the Central Intelligence Agency in 1976.

Let's not forget that he was a decorated pilot in WW11 and was Vice President for 8 years and a successful businessman. As far as varied pertinent experience he had about as much as you could get before becoming President. HRC on the other hand was fired from the Watergate Commission, spent a few years as a largely ineffective Senator and was part of a FUBARED foreign policy. No, the only thing they have in common is that they both like kitty.

Some concession. On par with HRC?

Let's not forget that he was a decorated pilot in WW11 and was Vice President for 8 years and a successful businessman. As far as varied pertinent experience he had about as much as you could get before becoming President. HRC on the other hand was fired from the Watergate Commission, spent a few years as a largely ineffective Senator and was part of a FUBARED foreign policy. No, the only thing they have in common is that they both like kitty.

Yeah, like him or not, George Bush wasn't riding on coattails. Comparing Hillary to Bush is a bad joke.

Edited by HoF Watkins