Game Day Thread: Inauguration

boyst

I just hope to God, seriously, he does not try and start a war

What's funny about this statement was your candidate was running on precisely that: starting a war with Russia. It was her platform (no fly zones in Syria can only be enforced if us pilots bombed Russian manned air defenses on the ground in Syria).

So your sincerest hope about trump is that he doesn't do what HRC promised?

That's odd.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's funny about this statement was your candidate was running on precisely that: starting a war with Russia. It was her platform (no fly zones in Syria can only be enforced if us pilots bombed Russian manned air defenses on the ground in Syria).

So your sincerest hope about trump is that he doesn't do what HRC promised?

That's odd.

No, she wouldn't have started a war. Trump might

CNN will blame trump because Kim felt triggered

Damn, you guys already have the war in mind and are ready to brand any opposition as disloyal! Warmonger fever building already, sad

comparison-withtime-1024x576.jpg

Comparison of Obama's 2009 crowd vs Trump's "Yuge, biggest ever" crowd. I see alot of empty whites, and I'm not just talking about the crowd.

Funny how that happens when another picture taken during the inauguration doesn't quite match up.

morning-bh-1160.jpg

A few things about the photo. The unedited photo of the Trump crowd is not to be found. To further cover their tracks the EXIF metadata has been scrubbed on the composite photo.The only thing the photo pastajoe posted proves is how dishonest the news media is.

Funny how that happens when another picture taken during the inauguration doesn't quite match up.

morning-bh-1160.jpg

A few things about the photo. The unedited photo of the Trump crowd is not to be found. To further cover their tracks the EXIF metadata has been scrubbed on the composite photo.The only thing the photo pastajoe posted proves is how dishonest the news media is.

Mods... Can we merge this with the "Official POTUS Excuse thread?"

:D

Stop, you're embarrassing yourself like Sean Spicer. You can even see the empty white space in your photo. How's your scrutiny of the Zapruder film going?

Kind of like that tax form for loans that doesn't exist eh pastajoe? The white space is mostly the temporary structure just above "Inauguration Jan 20 2017" in the photo that was obviously taken before the ceremony began.

Mods... Can we merge this with the "Official POTUS Excuse thread?"

:D

Obama isn't POTUS anymore.

morning-bh-1160.jpg

The photo pastajoe posted was taken earlier in the morning, maybe an hour before Trump was sworn in (and earlier than the photo caption says). The accompanying Obama inauguration photo was taken much later, during Obama's speech. The two are hardly comparable.

Dishonest reporting, like you said.

yeah when i said that i realized it was not a completely accurate statement since we are only a few days into this. i expected you to figure that out. so strike 'term' and substitute whatever word you want that means this idiot is going to be a f***king disaster and it disheartens me greatly that we made this horrific mistake

Edited by Meathead

yeah when i said that i realized it was not a completely accurate statement since we are only a few days into this. i expected you to figure that out. so strike 'term' and substitute whatever word you want that means this idiot is going to be a f***king disaster and it disheartens me greatly that we made this horrific mistake

Still better than Empress Clinton.

I suggest reading a book entitled, The Road to Serfdom.

The issue is that statists on the right and left have long desired an authoritarian executive, and those on the left who most recently held power had convinced themselves, with their identity politics and changing national demographics, that they would never have to cede their power to a non-Democrat again.

So, they strengthened and stretched the authority of the executive; and when forced to hand over the weapon they had forged to Donald Trump, they **** their pants.

The problem for the left you see, is that they wanted a tool which they could use to punish and dictate to those whom would dare to disagree them.

The lesson here should be that if a President terrifies you with the prospects of what he might do, than you have vested the Office with too much power, and stripped away too many checks and balances which historically have constrained the men who have held the Office.

However I have no disillusions that the left will be introspective enough to embrace this, as their agenda depends on the Pen and Phone.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

when the election started i was looking for a republican to vote for (again) mainly bc we are better off if we have two healthy parties and the republicans have clearly been way more broken that the democrats the last few cycles. thats not a partisan statement, it is just fact. neither side is anything to be proud of, but modern republicanism is as destructive and corrosive as it can get and my hope the last couple elections is that somebody would break open those festering wounds wide with a swift boot kick to the groin so that it can be fixed

but when no viable republican emerged either as an official candidate or even a realistic write-in, i started considering hillary. i do believe she was by far the most qualified candidate in american history, but i dont like the leftward lurch that the country has taken in the last decade. again, balance is the key and we have become grossly imbalanced toward the liberal side in recent history and we need a correction back toward healthy conservatism for the good of the country. even so, with the lack of a viable republican candidate i was considering a vote for hillary simply bc i think she had the best chance of handling the extremely difficult problems our country and world are currently facing. so i was hesitantly moving towards hillary for a serious consideration for my vote

and then she got caught cheating

conspiring with the dnc to attempt to influence the primary voting is disgusting and unacceptable. why the hell should we even bother to have primaries if the dnc is going to be rigging the results? why not just ask them to name a candidate and then we all only vote for the presidency. they were essentially stealing votes from americans. and theres no way in hell im voting for that kind of cheater, regardless of how qualified she is

the problem is we got a booby prize that is way worse

i cant imagine a candidate more poorly qualified than donald freaking trump. my god. its like electing brittany spears or kanye west. its so bizarre and disheartening that weve ended up here, but thats what has happened

so no, i cant agree that hes better than hillary. i wish we could have a do-over and eliminate both their disgusting asses, but we cant. and if i was forced to choose between the two i would take hillary 100% of the time and just hope her dishonesty and hubris wouldnt sabotage what is in fact a fantastic presidential resume

There was nothing impressive about Clinton's resume. She has the type of CV that gets thrown in the trash. All it lists is roles held, but not a single noteworthy accomplishment.

In fact, she performed very poorly in each role she held.

That's one of those "alternate facts" we are supposed to get all worked up about, isn't it ?

:lol:

when the election started i was looking for a republican to vote for (again) mainly bc we are better off if we have two healthy parties and the republicans have clearly been way more broken that the democrats the last few cycles. thats not a partisan statement, it is just fact. neither side is anything to be proud of, but modern republicanism is as destructive and corrosive as it can get and my hope the last couple elections is that somebody would break open those festering wounds wide with a swift boot kick to the groin so that it can be fixed

but when no viable republican emerged either as an official candidate or even a realistic write-in, i started considering hillary. i do believe she was by far the most qualified candidate in american history, but i dont like the leftward lurch that the country has taken in the last decade. again, balance is the key and we have become grossly imbalanced toward the liberal side in recent history and we need a correction back toward healthy conservatism for the good of the country. even so, with the lack of a viable republican candidate i was considering a vote for hillary simply bc i think she had the best chance of handling the extremely difficult problems our country and world are currently facing. so i was hesitantly moving towards hillary for a serious consideration for my vote

and then she got caught cheating

conspiring with the dnc to attempt to influence the primary voting is disgusting and unacceptable. why the hell should we even bother to have primaries if the dnc is going to be rigging the results? why not just ask them to name a candidate and then we all only vote for the presidency. they were essentially stealing votes from americans. and theres no way in hell im voting for that kind of cheater, regardless of how qualified she is

the problem is we got a booby prize that is way worse

i cant imagine a candidate more poorly qualified than donald freaking trump. my god. its like electing brittany spears or kanye west. its so bizarre and disheartening that weve ended up here, but thats what has happened

so no, i cant agree that hes better than hillary. i wish we could have a do-over and eliminate both their disgusting asses, but we cant. and if i was forced to choose between the two i would take hillary 100% of the time and just hope her dishonesty and hubris wouldnt sabotage what is in fact a fantastic presidential resume

i didn't read all of this, i read the first part about looking for a republican. than just now read that you can't think he's better than her.

1) on the first part... who was your choice as a GOP member? mine was kasich whom i voted for in the primary.

once you answer that tell me why you supported that dude over a Dem...because at that time i'll laugh my ass off because you were going to vote dem regardless. and it shows in your typing

2) it doesn't matter any of your make believe and i hope you wake up every day and realize how fortunate you are to have Trump as your leader. because maybe, just maybe you'll wake up one day with your head out of your rear and realize that this is not Trump's problem. this is all on the DNC and Hillary and your party affiliation. the dnc put hillary an unellectable choice up against trump. they cheated and lied to make her queen. don't be mad an spend the next 4 years hating trump. trump did and has done exactly what he promised and what those who voted for him have wanted. of course, like obama he will fail at almost every promise...BUT...he won. the democrats lost because of Hillary

love Trump, hate your party. i can only hope you realize how blind you were.

There was nothing impressive about Clinton's resume. She has the type of CV that gets thrown in the trash. All it lists is roles held, but not a single noteworthy accomplishment.

In fact, she performed very poorly in each role she held.

She has the most participation trophies, which to a liberal means "most qualified in history".