Game Day Thread: Inauguration

boyst

2008 obama inauguration: 0 arrests

2016 trump: over 200 as of right meow

Well given that 79% of Americans had a favorable opinion of Obama on his inauguration, there few if any protests. Trump has only a 40% favroable, which means that even a percentage of people that voted for him don't like him, so you would expect more protests from among the 60% of Americans.

It didn't take long for the White House website to reflect the new administration. The sections on LGBT, the disabled, and civil rights, and climate change action have been removed.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well given that 79% of Americans had a favorable opinion of Obama on his inauguration, there few if any protests. Trump has only a 40% favroable, which means that even a percentage of people that voted for him don't like him, so you would expect more protests from among the 60% of Americans.

It didn't take long for the White House website to reflect the new administration. The sections on LGBT, the disabled, and civil rights, and climate change action have been removed.

.... um... so this has what to do with anything? people have an unfavorable opinion because they're a tranny/mentally ill, a grumpy !@#$, a racist !@#$, an ignorant !@#$... et al....so they can burn things?

i do not understand what your point is? because he has a low approval means there should be civil unrest? i am sorry - i do not understand the point you clearly are not capable of making.

"Waaaaaaaah"

You fell for it AGAIN.

FAKE NEWS, PASTAHEAD!

They pulled EVERY page, because it's standard procedure.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2016/10/31/digital-transition-how-presidential-transition-works-social-media-age

Start questioning things, PHead. And stop believing anything and everything George Takei posts. Jeezus, we're trying to move forward here....

PS. And start acknowledging when the FACTS prove you wrong. Most other people here do (I definitely do. If you have found a fact that contradicts a statement I have made or story I have presented, here or in the Bills forum, I will gladly acknowledge it (if I haven't done so on my own already). It's the decent thing to do, instead of spreading FAKE NEWS.

Edited by HoF Watkins

comparison-withtime-1024x576.jpg

Comparison of Obama's 2009 crowd vs Trump's "Yuge, biggest ever" crowd. I see alot of empty whites, and I'm not just talking about the crowd.

You can start with this one.

Repeat after me... "I was wrong. I found out that the photo on the right was actually from the day before. Sorry about that."

Edited by HoF Watkins

The entire Obama WH website was taken down, you stupid cluckschitt, just like every other president that ever has a WH website.

Quick. Tell everyone how Trump also threw out the MLK bust that was in the WH. That's another BS whiney ass leftist rant tonight.

I'll save you the trouble with a Greg Gutfeld quote: the only bust thrown out of the WH tonight was 8 years of Barack Obama.

The entire Obama WH website was taken down, you stupid cluckschitt, just like every other president that ever has a WH website.

Quick. Tell everyone how Trump also threw out the MLK bust that was in the WH. That's another BS whiney ass leftist rant tonight.

I'll save you the trouble with a Greg Gutfeld quote: the only bust thrown out of the WH tonight was 8 years of Barack Obama.

I have yet to find a quote from Trump that directly attacks ALL Mexicans, or ALL Blacks, or ALL Muslims, or Women, or Gays. It's all based on insinuations.

There has been so much glorification of victimhood, that everyone is anxious to declare themselves the victim of some kind of transgression, and Trump provides the perfect scapegoat.

You're complaining that the current administration's web site doesn't reflect the previous administration? Are you seriously this !@#$ing stupid?

You're complaining that the current administration's web site doesn't reflect the previous administration? Are you seriously this !@#$ing stupid?

No. He is insinuating that Trump's people intentionally pulled those pages as some kind of statement to those groups, when actually all pages were taken down as was outlined by Obamas people PRIOR to the election.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I have yet to find a quote from Trump that directly attacks ALL Mexicans, or ALL Blacks, or ALL Muslims, or Women, or Gays. It's all based on insinuations.

There has been so much glorification of victimhood, that everyone is anxious to declare themselves the victim of some kind of transgression, and Trump provides the perfect scapegoat.

That's because they don't exist. A comment about deporting illegal felons somehow was morphed into 'Trump called 12 million Mexicans rapists and will deport them all' by the non-fake mainstream media.

Nice ****-eating grin during the first dance to 'My Way'. :lol:

Edited by KD in CA

Even an accountant like me understands how wholesale changes get made to websites. I would think enlightened progressives would understand there was an whole new website created over the last two months and someone just threw the switch today shortly after the oath.

The 'where is the global warming page with the fawning Obama pictures?' outrage is stupid even by liberal standards.

That's because they don't exist. A comment about deporting illegal felons somehow was morphed into 'Trump called 12 million Mexicans rapists and will deport them all' by the non-fake mainstream media.

Nice ****-eating grin during the first dance to 'My Way'. :lol:

I know. It's bizarre. The only explanation I have come up with is the glorification of victimhood, fueled by the Clinton friendly media and social media that provides platform for everyone to virtue signal.

I'm open to other explanations.

And when women mention abortion rights (the only "women's issue" that I know of, that he has had any kind of position), I think it's way overblown.

I don't think he wants anything to do with the subject, and evades it whenever possible. I would be shocked if he appointed Justices that will overturn Roe vs Wade. I think he will first endorse a pro-life justice, then use the 2nd slot as a bargaining chip, eventually endorsing a pro-choice justice.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I know. It's bizarre. The only explanation I have come up with is the glorification of victimhood, fueled by the Clinton friendly media and social media that provides platform for everyone to virtue signal.

I'm open to other explanations.

And when women mention abortion rights (the only "women's issue" that I know of, that he has had any kind of position), I think it's way overblown.

I don't think he wants anything to do with the subject, and evades it whenever possible. I would be shocked if he appointed Justices that will overturn Roe vs Wade. I think he will first endorse a pro-life justice, then use the 2nd slot as a bargaining chip, eventually endorsing a pro-choice justice.

Oh no, you misunderstand. It's not just abortion, it's that Trump is threatening "equal access to healthcare", as if women will now be barred from hospitals and doctor's offices. :rolleyes:

I don't think he wants anything to do with the subject either, nor do I think the USSC is within 12 parsecs of overturning Roe v Wade, regardless of who Trump nominates to Scalia's seat.

The Interior Department has been banned from Twitter after the retweet of picture of smaller-than-usual Trump inauguration crowd. So any information that makes Dear Leader look bad will be banned. 1984 redux.

I think you mean 2008-2016 redux. Or as we've been saying, continuation of a petulant presidency.

Funny how you weren't around for that?

The Interior Department has been banned from Twitter after the retweet of picture of smaller-than-usual Trump inauguration crowd. So any information that makes Dear Leader look bad will be banned. 1984 redux.

When do the Jews/Blacks/Gays get rounded up ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz