Game Day Thread: Inauguration

boyst

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coronation Day... How quickly they change their tune.

Seems the only one asking for quarter is the fop, Archibald J. Trump. How dandy.

Go figure...

"Referee: You are here on a matter of honor. I am here to see that you settle it honorably. There will be no back-stabbing, you will not throw your blades, nor will you use weapons other than those agreed. If quarter should be asked...

Robert Roy MacGregor: No quarter will be asked.

Archibald Cunningham: Or given."

So now we can't even use Republicans own words? That's the common rhetoric we're hearing from Trump supporters; forget everything we said or did in the past that is now hypocritical and move on. A majority of Americans disapprove of Trump, and he doesn't even have a plurality with 40% approving of his transition. That is all a part of the inauguration story.

You have the power to delete my posts, but if you're going to just allow one side to express their opinions then you should change the forum name to Conservative Politics, Polls, and Pundits.

Who's talking about deleting your posts? And what Trump supporters are you talking about?

I can only think of two people who post here that I'd call "Trump supporters" - the bulk of the rest are simply anti-Hillary, which is by no means the same thing as being a Trump supporter. If you were being honest, I'd think you'd acknowledge that.

We've barely heard a peep out of you over here for several years, while there's been plenty going on in the Obama administration worth criticizing. Why have you remained silent? Could it be that your partisanship is showing? There's still a little over an hour left before Trump even takes office, and you're already back over here just like you were in the GW Bush years, calling people hypocrites for not tossing out bitter tirades at the incoming administration, while you were every bit as silent while Obama held office.

Tell me - who's being hypocritical?

Caption this:

trumps-obama.jpg

It's on like a mofo!

CartoonThumb.png

mcconnell-mitch-obama.jpg

A pastor with a long history of inflammatory remarks about Muslims, Mormons, Catholics and gays is scheduled to preach at a private service for President-elect Trump and his family on Friday, shortly before Trump takes the oath of office. The pastor, the Rev. Robert Jeffress, is a Southern Baptist who vigorously campaigned for Trump during the final months of the presidential election and is a member of his evangelical advisory board. "I love this guy!", Trump has said of Jeffress.

Jeffress leads a 12,000-member megachurch in Dallas and is a frequent guest on Fox News. But to many Americans, he may be best known for his frequent condemnations of Mormonism as a "cult" during the 2012 presidential campaign. He urged Christians not to vote for Mitt Romney, a Mormon, during the Republican primary. He later supported Romney over President Barack Obama.

Jeffress has also called Islam and Mormonism heresies "from the pit of hell," suggested that the Catholic church was led astray by Satan, accused Obama of "paving the way" for the Antichrist and spread false statistics about the prevalence of HIV among gays, who he said live a "miserable" and "filthy" lifestyle. In recent years, Jeffress has frequently denounced Islam, calling it an "evil religion" that "promotes pedophilia" because the Prophet Muhammed married a 9-year-old girl. (Many modern Muslim scholars disagree about her age.) The pastor has also said that Mormons, Muslims and Hindus "worship a false god."

So now we can't even use Republicans own words? That's the common rhetoric we're hearing from Trump supporters; forget everything we said or did in the past that is now hypocritical and move on. A majority of Americans disapprove of Trump, and he doesn't even have a plurality with 40% approving of his transition. That is all a part of the inauguration story.

You have the power to delete my posts, but if you're going to just allow one side to express their opinions then you should change the forum name to Conservative Politics, Polls, and Pundits.

Thank you for that non "inflammatory rhetoric of hyper partisanship" that contributes to the dialogue.

How ironic. How ironic.

That I get repremanded and get a thread deleted, and you're allowed to personally attack me? Yes it is.

I'm not "attacking" you. I just said you're full of hate - and you are. And I also said you're full of ****. And you are.

I don't know about your deleted post. Maybe you did it yourself. Maybe you wiped it from the server... like with a cloth.

Who's talking about deleting your posts? And what Trump supporters are you talking about?

I can only think of two people who post here that I'd call "Trump supporters" - the bulk of the rest are simply anti-Hillary, which is by no means the same thing as being a Trump supporter. If you were being honest, I'd think you'd acknowledge that.

We've barely heard a peep out of you over here for several years, while there's been plenty going on in the Obama administration worth criticizing. Why have you remained silent? Could it be that your partisanship is showing? There's still a little over an hour left before Trump even takes office, and you're already back over here just like you were in the GW Bush years, calling people hypocrites for not tossing out bitter tirades at the incoming administration, while you were every bit as silent while Obama held office.

Tell me - who's being hypocritical?

I left here because the personal attacks on anyone who didn't follow the groupthink got boorish. I've been posting in a political thread on the Sabres forum, but the moderators deleted it last month and said it had to be done in this forum. So I'm left with coming here, but I see the intolerance and personal attacks hasn't changed.

I left here because the personal attacks on anyone who didn't follow the groupthink got boorish. I've been posting in a political thread on the Sabres forum, but the moderators deleted it last month and said it had to be done in this forum. So I'm left with coming here, but I see the intolerance and personal attacks hasn't changed.

:lol:

You don't see the irony in your post? Really?

@HillaryClinton

I'm here today to honor our democracy & its enduring values. I will never stop believing in our country & its future. #Inauguration

I watched her walking in with Bill. It has to be hard showing such grace and poise, knowing that but for the Russian and Comey interference, this would be her inauguration.