Your 2017 QB will be.... Jay Cutler.

FireChan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time Cutty made the Pro Bowl...was under Dennison.

Throwing the ball Sammy's way 15 times again will more than make up for TT's leadership.

It's not that Cutler is a net zero on the leadership end........he's a net negative.

True story: Cutler had Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett and Matt Forte all at the same time..........weapons haven't proven to raise his game much.

It's not that Cutler is a net zero on the leadership end........he's a net negative.

True story: Cutler had Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett and Matt Forte all at the same time..........weapons haven't proven to raise his game much.

Disagree. He threw 19 TD's in 11 games with them with his second highest TD% of his career, second highest passer rating of his career, second highest QBR of his career, second highest # of comebacks and game winning drives of his career and a YPA of 7.4 in 2013.

That's elevation. That 2013 Bears O was second in points scored, 5th in passing yards.

Edited by FireChan

I expect a deal to be done or a pursuit of Cutty as an FA if he's cut this offeseason. Why?

Kromer Connection - NIXED Now why would we let go of an OL coach who performed admirably with his unit this year, if not to clear the way because he was somehow an obstacle? Kromer's resume dictated a very serious consideration of retaining him.

Dennison Medicine - Look at this man's track record with Cutler. Put him in the Pro Bowl with the #2 offense in the NFL in 2008. Along with these quotes:

Cutler was not shy in his praise for Dennison earlier in the week on his radio show, saying (h/t Chicago Sun-Times): One of the best coaches I’ve been around. Very dedicated, extremely hard worker. Takes it very personally. I think he’s gifted in his game-­planning.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1482046-chicago-bears-is-rick-dennison-the-perfect-candidate-to-help-jay-cutler

I mean, can't you just feel the Cutty fever?

In reality, it makes perfect sense. Cutty ain't commanding a big long term salary anymore. Perfect vet stop gap while we draft/develop guys with none of the TT long term baggage.

You're welcome.

This is too serious to leave to the DC-Tom-bot...

You really are an idiot. Shut up.

I expect a deal to be done or a pursuit of Cutty as an FA if he's cut this offeseason. Why?

Kromer Connection - NIXED Now why would we let go of an OL coach who performed admirably with his unit this year, if not to clear the way because he was somehow an obstacle? Kromer's resume dictated a very serious consideration of retaining him.

Dennison Medicine - Look at this man's track record with Cutler. Put him in the Pro Bowl with the #2 offense in the NFL in 2008. Along with these quotes:

Cutler was not shy in his praise for Dennison earlier in the week on his radio show, saying (h/t Chicago Sun-Times): One of the best coaches Ive been around. Very dedicated, extremely hard worker. Takes it very personally. I think hes gifted in his game-­planning.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1482046-chicago-bears-is-rick-dennison-the-perfect-candidate-to-help-jay-cutler

I mean, can't you just feel the Cutty fever?

In reality, it makes perfect sense. Cutty ain't commanding a big long term salary anymore. Perfect vet stop gap while we draft/develop guys with none of the TT long term baggage.

You're welcome.

No i cant feel the Cutler fever.

Maybe 8-9 years ago.

Disagree. He threw 19 TD's in 11 games with them with his second highest TD% of his career, second highest passer rating of his career, second highest QBR of his career, second highest # of comebacks and game winning drives of his career and a YPA of 7.4 in 2013.

That's elevation. That 2013 Bears O was second in points scored, 5th in passing yards.

Then 2014 happened.

The main problem with Cutler as a passer has always been his inconsistency.......which is most likely tied to his 10 cent head.

Fitz had 31 TD's with Marshall and Decker last year.......why don't we ignore the fact that HE has been inconsistent and needs a cast of all-stars around him to put points on the board?

Like I said, it's not impossible but you are throwing out a WHOLE LOTTA' bad football trying to find the upside of Jay Cutler.