Sal C. on Rex: Latest In Earliest to Leave HC

Fadingpain

Love Giroud. One of my favourite players at the club. Just 8 short of his century now.

I keep telling you and you keep disbelieving me... I am not a natural critic... this is very much a specific Rex Ryan thing and long pre-dates his arrival here. He is a bad Head Football Coach. Period.

Walk onnn, walk onnnnnnn, with hopppeee in your heartttt. #YNWA

Come to think of it, that song should replace Shout.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't really news but yeah it was obvious to me pretty quickly what was going on.

The first sign was the ridiculous amount of coaches he was hiring.

No leader who is determined to get results wants more managers than they need.

He hired so many people because he was willing to let them do the work and wasn't going to lose any sleep over winning and losing after a trying, constantly criticized term in NY.

i always thought he was just taking advantage of pegula's $ and hiring his buddies and brother.

Sal C. just now on WGR 550 said he was talking to someone inside the Bills organization who has been there forever.

The contact said Rex Ryan was the latest in/earliest to leave HC he has ever seen.

Makes sense. The team didn't seem prepared on some Sundays.

Thought it was an interesting comment.

There's been rumors about this for a while now from unnamed sources.

I've heard that Rex just didn't work as hard as he once did. And that opened up the door for his brother to gain in influence/power - influence and power that didn't help the defense succeed.

earliest to live... pretty much sums it up.

eating wings and being a fat worthless schmuck is a helluva way to live life.

But doing it while getting 25 mil!!! Now that is a well executed life strategy.

As someone, who like many on this board I'm sure, was brought up as a hard worker in a blue collar town... I sensed early in Rex's tenure that he was just a lazy con man that rode the right coat tails and it was core to my disdain for him as the coach of this team.

i always thought he was just taking advantage of pegula's $ and hiring his buddies and brother.

Yes the 5 year deal was a disincentive, IMO.

They overcompensated for years of the team being cheap wrt coaching.

That whole approximately 8 month period of time from Rex being hired thru Dareus' extension was riddled with overpayments, unnecessary adjustments and poor decisions regarding clauses and guarantees etc..

There's no question about it his fire to coach left him with the Jets. You could see it and feel it.

I think he tried to get it back but it didn't come. Being an NFL coach is a grind - heck my 12 year olds travel baseball coach goes through some serious crap and has dedicated ridiculous amounts of time to the team. If the thrill is gone - it's gone away.

No surprise here on Rex not being dedicated. He was full of crap with the "we're all in" line. He ripped Pegula off big time.

He didn't rip off Pegula----Pegula ripped himself off. It was a ridiculous hire. The contract length and terms were obscene for a coach who lost more games than he won and who was recently fired. Rex didn't hustle Pegula--- he hustled himself. Even for a billionaire this was a costly mistake.

I am going to let you guys have at it. You seem to be enjoying yourselves. I will stand by what I posted up thread.

Just a question. What's it going to take for you to admit that hiring Rex was a monumental mistake by Pegula?

All the little signs and hints over the last two years are certainly coming into focus, and it all points to Rex completely mailing it in. It's almost as bad as Marrone quitting.

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

But it's a great way to go through college!

Man I loved that shirt. Wish I still had it.

He didn't rip off Pegula----Pegula ripped himself off. It was a ridiculous hire. The contract length and terms were obscene for a coach who lost more games than he won and who was recently fired. Rex didn't hustle Pegula--- he hustled himself. Even for a billionaire this was a costly mistake.

Sure he ripped Pegs off. Regardless of the contract, Rex had an obligation to earn every penny of it.