Hopslam/Nugget Nectar..Anyone Care Anymore?

plenzmd1

Man, how times have changed. 2007 or so, remember almost sleeping out at the Total Wine for a six(limit) of these beers. Then waiting in line for tap party's.

Now...eh, to many beers to worry about any one release. Is it just me?

I think part of the reason is my taste has shifted to more Saison/Sour...

Is Heady Topper still a thing?

Amazing. I have some in my fridge. I also have a limited edition Alchemist beer El Heffe. After a lengthy stay on top, Heady Topper has slipped to #9 best overall beer in the world www.beeradvocate.com/lists/top/ Fishermans Daughter is another excellent local New England beer(Westerly RI) which has limited releases and lines each release

You drink to much. LOL

and your point is????

Nugget Nectar is back to being really good again this year. Hope Slam is just making its way here today. I look forward to trying this years, they rarely disappoint

hmm, interesting. Had a few last year that i thought were not great, thought maybe just me. Will get some today!

Is Heady Topper still a thing?

It's become sort of a joke here in Vermont in that everyone who comes to visit is so mystified by the legend of HT. They are willing to drive around from store to store (30-45 miles apart) to obtain the holy grail of beers before it is sold out. I guess it is no big deal to me because I live here and can get it just about any time. I usually bring a case or two back to CNY for Christmas to hand out to family and friends.

Is it good? Yes. Is it good enough to go on an all day scavenger hunt to get a 4 pack? IMO, no. There are probably 5 or 6 small batch IPA's just in Vermont that I like just as well or better.

Heady is very good, personally i think Sip of Sunshine is a better beer, albeit a different style. Bissel Brothers Baby Genius is another one of my favorites, but I will still take a heady, or focal any day of the week

It's become sort of a joke here in Vermont in that everyone who comes to visit is so mystified by the legend of HT. They are willing to drive around from store to store (30-45 miles apart) to obtain the holy grail of beers before it is sold out. I guess it is no big deal to me because I live here and can get it just about any time. I usually bring a case or two back to CNY for Christmas to hand out to family and friends.

Is it good? Yes. Is it good enough to go on an all day scavenger hunt to get a 4 pack? IMO, no. There are probably 5 or 6 small batch IPA's just in Vermont that I like just as well or better.

Heady is very good, personally i think Sip of Sunshine is a better beer, albeit a different style. Bissel Brothers Baby Genius is another one of my favorites, but I will still take a heady, or focal any day of the week

Sip o Sunshine is very good. Seems to be harder to get than HT though. Fiddlehead makes an incredible IPA. One of my favorites is Foley Brothers out of Brandon, VT. It's even smaller than Alchemy in terms of production, but my guy at the neighborhood beer store sets me aside a couple 4 packs whenever they release a batch. 14th Star Tribute out of St. Albans is also very, very good.

I have heard Fiddlehead IPA is an excellent beer, haven't been lucky enough to have it yet, i will put the other 2 you mention on my radar.

Sip o Sunshine is very good. Seems to be harder to get than HT though. Fiddlehead makes an incredible IPA. One of my favorites is Foley Brothers out of Brandon, VT. It's even smaller than Alchemy in terms of production, but my guy at the neighborhood beer store sets me aside a couple 4 packs whenever they release a batch. 14th Star Tribute out of St. Albans is also very, very good.

Amazing. I have some in my fridge. I also have a limited edition Alchemist beer El Heffe. After a lengthy stay on top, Heady Topper has slipped to #9 best overall beer in the world www.beeradvocate.com/lists/top/ Fishermans Daughter is another excellent local New England beer(Westerly RI) which has limited releases and lines each release

You threw me with that one, Pete. It's actually called "Captain's Daughter Double IPA" by Grey Sail Brewing of Westerly, RI. Rated "world class" by Beer Advocate. They don't sell in NH but I did find it at a liquor store just over the line in Chelmsford. $12 for a 4-pack! Hope it's good. Chilling now and will crack it open when the Pats game starts.

EDIT: Drinking it now. It's nice but not worth $3/can. I like Founders All Day IPA ($16/15-pack) more.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• 2 weeks later...

Hill Farmstead Brewery, up near Burlington, is awarded world's best brewery for the third consecutive year. This is the first I've heard of it. Gonna have to visit their tap room soon.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/life/food/2017/02/03/three-peat-win-hill-farmstead-worlds-best/97444378/

They have some (very) good beers, for me, their snobby attitude knocks them down a few pegs. They are way smarter than all of us and have no problem letting us know. They are definitely in the elite list of breweries, but I feel others have flown past them.

Hill Farmstead Brewery, up near Burlington, is awarded world's best brewery for the third consecutive year. This is the first I've heard of it. Gonna have to visit their tap room soon.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/life/food/2017/02/03/three-peat-win-hill-farmstead-worlds-best/97444378/

They have some (very) good beers, for me, their snobby attitude knocks them down a few pegs. They are way smarter than all of us and have no problem letting us know. They are definitely in the elite list of breweries, but I feel others have flown past them.

Not surprising. I have had similar, snobby experiences at some of these small-batch breweries here in Vermont. It's a thing, apparently.

I try really hard to separate the 2 things, but hill Farmstead keeps it up . that said, I had Zooey on tap tonight and it is very good

Not surprising. I have had similar, snobby experiences at some of these small-batch breweries here in Vermont. It's a thing, apparently.

Dont know what is small batch...but the local guys here in Richmond all seem to be great guys.

Whats cool is most of the folks here have at least one good Saison...And when Hardywood opens their new place n Goochland(pooj knows) they are starting a serious Sour program. And i love me some Sour!

Dont know what is small batch...but the local guys here in Richmond all seem to be great guys.

Whats cool is most of the folks here have at least one good Saison...And when Hardywood opens their new place n Goochland(pooj knows) they are starting a serious Sour program. And i love me some Sour!

I've lived in the south...I guess if you consider Charlotte the south (seems like there were almost as many yanks down there as southerners). But people in general seemed to be nicer and more down to earth. Beer snobbery, especially amongst the "craft beer" crowd is a very real thing, IMO. Maybe it's amplified a bit here in Vermont because there is a brewery around every corner.

What is sour? Sounds interesting.