Seahawks May Lose 2nd Rounder for Hiding Sherman Injury

You've got to wonder why a player didn't "target" it. :rolleyes:

Like someone above said: Sherman Leg Injury Probable - Done.

Taylor was on the report.

After being caught. And reports of a groin 3 weeks before.

Just go back and see the Tyrod Groin thread.

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After being caught. And reports of a groin 3 weeks before.

Just go back and see the Tyrod Groin thread.

3 weeks before what? He was on there since the Raiders game.

Finally, to end on a somewhat lighter note, two key Bills on the injury report really don’t need to be there. Zach Brown (hand) and Tyrod Taylor (groin) were listed as full participants all week and don’t have an injury designation.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/12/2/13805028/buffalo-bills-injury-report-ronald-darby-percy-harvin-sammy-watkins-marcell-dareus

Edited by What a Tuel

3 weeks before what? He was on there since the Raiders game.

Finally, to end on a somewhat lighter note, two key Bills on the injury report really dont need to be there. Zach Brown (hand) and Tyrod Taylor (groin) were listed as full participants all week and dont have an injury designation.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/12/2/13805028/buffalo-bills-injury-report-ronald-darby-percy-harvin-sammy-watkins-marcell-dareus

Now seeing that is Dec 2. Go see when the reports surfaced he was dealing with a Groin. Thank you.

Lets not forget the Mario hiding the past years.

Glass houses shouldnt throw stones

Now seeing that is Dec 2. Go see when the reports surfaced he was dealing with a Groin. Thank you.

Lets not forget the Mario hiding the past years.

Glass houses shouldnt throw stones

How about you provide me with those rumors? Tyrod was on the report the week before the Raiders for shoulder as well.

Bills got fined for not reporting Mario's injury. No one whined.

Seahawks did it all season.

I like what Woody said this is the FOURTH time the Hawks been caught violating a rule. (2nd time in 3 years) and a 2nd round pick is actually TOO LIGHT. When you consider they took a 3rd and a 6th rounder from Atlanta for tampering and it was a first offense. (meanwhile the Jets got caught doing the same thing w Revis which was a 3rd offense for the same crime and only got fined.. hmm)

If the league is serious about punishing multi offenders harder they need prove it now, otherwise it's a bunch of Bull and they just pick and choose who to punish hard.

I like what Woody said this is the FOURTH time the Hawks been caught violating a rule. (2nd time in 3 years) and a 2nd round pick is actually TOO LIGHT. When you consider they took a 3rd and a 6th rounder from Atlanta for tampering and it was a first offense. (meanwhile the Jets got caught doing the same thing w Revis which was a 3rd offense for the same crime and only got fined.. hmm)

If the league is serious about punishing multi offenders harder they need prove it now, otherwise it's a bunch of Bull and they just pick and choose who to punish hard.

Interesting analysis given the history of the team you root for.

Interesting analysis given the history of the team you root for.

I purposely left them out of my post to show the hypocracy of the league IF they let the Hawks slide while hammering other teams on first offenses.

I will say it wasn't a big deal but the league has to start showing SOME consistency and the day they do anything more than fine the Jets for their activities is the day after the NFL HQ was cleaned out of old Jet cronies.

Oh I firmly believe (aka IMO) if this was BB who did this people be calling for his suspension, multiple draft picks lost, and millions of dollars in fines. And BB has only been caught once violating a rule. (Spygate, even the Wells Report exonerated him on the football thing.) So let's see what Goodell does here..

Edited by PatsFanNH

How about you provide me with those rumors? Tyrod was on the report the week before the Raiders for shoulder as well.

Bills got fined for not reporting Mario's injury. No one whined.

Seahawks did it all season.

First report was around beginning of November he has a Groin issue.

I just checked - Robert Woods was on the injury report pretty much all season in 2015, starting in week 1. He apparently tore it in training camp, according to the old articles. Albeit the Bills were reporting a hip injury, but perhaps they are not required report more than one ailment per player.

He wasn't on it in week 17. See the link above.

EDIT: Woods wasn't on the injury report the week before either: http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2015/12/26/10666908/cowboys-bills-final-injury-report-dez-bryant-doubtful-cole-beasley-questionable .

He was on it the week before that for a "hip" injury, which he didn't have. He had a torn groin. http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2015/12/18/10610498/bills-vs-redskins-injury-report-2015-nfl-week-15-charles-clay-nigel-bradham.

Given that he needed surgery immediately after the season for a tear, you can bet he was injured in weeks 16 and 17.

Edited by dave mcbride

He wasn't on it in week 17. See the link above.

EDIT: Woods wasn't on the injury report the week before either: http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2015/12/26/10666908/cowboys-bills-final-injury-report-dez-bryant-doubtful-cole-beasley-questionable .

He was on it the week before that for a "hip" injury, which he didn't have. He had a torn groin. http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2015/12/18/10610498/bills-vs-redskins-injury-report-2015-nfl-week-15-charles-clay-nigel-bradham.

Given that he needed surgery immediately after the season for a tear, you can bet he was injured in weeks 16 and 17.

Like Bobby you are speculating way too much. The NFL penalized the Bills for not reporting Mario's hand injury. You are comparing reports based off of injury's you have very limited knowledge of, especially if they would break the NFL's rules. Suffice to say if the NFL thought the Mario thing fit the description for penalizing the Bills, it sounds like they likely looked into the Tyrod and Woods cases as well and dismissed them.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks didn't put Sherman on the report at all, all year.

Like Bobby you are speculating way too much. The NFL penalized the Bills for not reporting Mario's hand injury. You are comparing reports based off of injury's you have very limited knowledge of, especially if they would break the NFL's rules. Suffice to say if the NFL thought the Mario thing fit the description for penalizing the Bills, it sounds like they likely looked into the Tyrod and Woods cases as well and dismissed them.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks didn't put Sherman on the report at all, all year.

I'm not speculating. He had surgery right after the season for a torn groin and said it affected his play negatively all year.

Earlier in the season, he wasn't on the Jax/Bills game injury report or the report for the September Miami game: http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/10/23/9605104/jaguars-vs-bills-injury-report-buffalo-lists-everyone-as-out-and-will-probably-still-win ; http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/9/26/9399773/bills-at-dolphins-injury-report-dion-sims-and-branden-albert-doubtful.

I will grant you that the Bills occasionally put Woods on the report, which is more than the Seahawks did. But I'm telling you, look at who has surgery after the season and then check to see if they were on injury reports late in the season.

I don't have a problem with teams doing this because teams do in fact target injured players where it hurts. It's a fact of life in the NFL.

Edited by dave mcbride

• 4 weeks later...

Shaq Lawson, who just had knee surgery today (!), was not on the week 17 injury report at all. http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/12/31/14134686/week-17-bills-injury-report-glenn-gilmore-ruled-out-new-york-jets

That was a minor cleanup which was done to make it heal faster.

It is not necessary to be on report and some of the damage may have occurred week 17.

@ESPNNFL

The Seahawks have received a warning for not listing Richard Sherman's knee injury on the injury report last season. http://es.pn/2le9cDI

The violation was determined to be the result of a misinterpretation of the policy's reporting requirements, a source told ESPN's Adam Caplan.

Well he has been taking lessons from Billicheat then.

Ignore of the rules should not be reason for them not to be punished unless it is determined the rules need formal clarification.

That was a minor cleanup which was done to make it heal faster.

It is not necessary to be on report and some of the damage may have occurred week 17.

Well he has been taking lessons from Billicheat then.

Ignore of the rules should not be reason for them not to be punished unless it is determined the rules need formal clarification.

Oh come on. If you believe that his knee wasn't hurting this season, there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd gladly sell you for a bargain price. Surgery isn't normal. I also suggest that you go back and look at the injury report from December 30, 2007. Do you see Lee Evans on it? Evans had surgery right after the season for a nagging shoulder injury.

December 30, 2007
Bills @ Eagles BILLS: Out: DE Copeland Bryan (knee), T Jason Peters (groin), LB Coy Wire (neck). Questionable: WR Josh Reed (back), S Donte Whitner (illness). EAGLES: Out: TE L.J. Smith (knee). Doubtful: S Brian Dawkins (foot), CB Lito Sheppard (knee). Probable: G Shawn Andrews (knee), CB Sheldon Brown (shin, ankle), LB Omar Gaither (quadricep), RB Brian Westbrook (knee). Panthers @ Buccaneers PANTHERS: Doubtful: S Chris Harris (neck). Probable: T Jordan Gross (ankle), QB Vinny Testaverde (Achilles)