The Trump Economy

GG

13 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Amazing how your opinion of somebody can change when judging them directly instead of relying on the media narrative

That's my one major point of annoyance with Trump. He caved to early media hooliganism and canned some really good people, including Bannon.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Hey, what a great idea!  Wish I'd thought of that...

All those gleeful the economy will collapse and are sure it’s next week should sell short!

show us that they honestly think this is happenening....

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

All those gleeful the economy will collapse and are sure it’s next week should sell short!

show us that they honestly think this is happenening....

Who said it was next week?

And how in the hell did you miss my sarcasm?  !@#$ing Canucks.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Who said it was next week?

And how in the hell did you miss my sarcasm?  !@#$ing Canucks.

I just smile and nod when you post, never sure when you are lecturing or trying to be funny.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

I just smile and nod when you post, never sure when you are lecturing or trying to be funny.

If I'm boring you, then I'm lecturing.  If you think I'm trying to piss you off, I'm trying to be funny.  If you ARE pissed off, them I'm successfully being funny.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve saved a few people over a million in total by telling them to move holdings to cash when the market has done very well. It ain’t like it is going to jump another 30%, take your gains and protect them, especially close to retirement.

Not the same as betting directly on the market dropping.

Major market drops occur like clockwork. I attribute it to the big firms taking their cut of profits, to which they are fully entitled to reap.

The media acts like it’s a shock each time it happens.

On 6/1/2018 at 1:26 PM, Tiberius said:

And you know a lot about making things up! 

Trump got lucky on the economy for sure. It happens 

Remember when gator said standing Presidents get credit for all good things that happen under their term?

Oh wait, that was just Obama.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

I just want to see how much the budget deficit for 2018 will be on Sept 30. The major tax cut when the economy is good has me concerned.

You can always tell when a registered Republican is president.

People on the left suddenly are interested in the budget deficit.

• Like (+1) 1

On top of yesterday’s jobs report–so good that it had Nancy Pelosi mumbling that “strong employment numbers mean little”–the Atlanta Fed now estimates 2nd quarter GDP growth at an annualized rate of 4.8%. This is based in part on private fixed investment growth rising at a 5.4% rate.

As CNBC notes, “the biggest job gainers have been groups that have historically suffered from stubbornly high levels of unemployment, including younger workers, black workers and so-called marginally attached workers.” On Fox News earlier today, Candace Owens said it’s a great time to be a black American:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/06/boom.php

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

On top of yesterday’s jobs report–so good that it had Nancy Pelosi mumbling that “strong employment numbers mean little”–the Atlanta Fed now estimates 2nd quarter GDP growth at an annualized rate of 4.8%. This is based in part on private fixed investment growth rising at a 5.4% rate.

As CNBC notes, “the biggest job gainers have been groups that have historically suffered from stubbornly high levels of unemployment, including younger workers, black workers and so-called marginally attached workers.” On Fox News earlier today, Candace Owens said it’s a great time to be a black American:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/06/boom.php

Wasn't it Nancy who claimed that extending unemployment benefits was a way of creating jobs? Hmmmmn, maybe I'll Google it.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=nancy+Pelosi+states+that+extending+unemployment+benefits&form=PRHPR1&pc=HRTE&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=fa153fda20cb489e9e4d4743046851b5&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=undefined&sc=0-23&qs=n&sk=&cvid=fa153fda20cb489e9e4d4743046851b5

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes and pols on the right become less interested. 

In defense of those pols on the right, any time propose anything (literally anything) that will reduce spending, they are always (literally always) accused in the mainstream press of wanting to starve infants, children, minorities, etc, etc, etc by withholding funds necessary to keep the truly needy alive. Even if that could be further from the truth, that's how it's always portrayed.

It's the gatorman spin, straight from the textbook.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TPS said:

Haven't seen it, but I'm assuming you mean that in a good way? Bannon was one of a few in the administration that I liked, at least in terms of his economic populism. Now there's no one left who can keep Trump focused on that.

Anyone who has an ounce of libertarian bent should be petrified of Bannon's economic thinking.