The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Sums up your complete dishonesty and lack of intelligence in one post. 

Well done. 

He has down played it's severity 

can't deny that. 

And that's dangerous. Could of got people killed 

2 hours ago, TPS said:

This article goes over some of the issues and things that should have been done....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-12/u-s-coronavirus-response-was-marked-by-overconfidence-delays?srnd=premium&sref=U5wmynFo

Saying things like we only have 15 cases and it will disappear, or the dems and fake news was making it the new hoax, was not leadership.  We still aren't even testing a significant number of people, so we still don't know how bad it is.   I pray that we don't get to the point where our hospitals are over run like Italy's ....

Do you seriously think that no matter what Trump did or didn't do - that would have stopped any of you asshats from blaming him?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

Do you seriously think that no matter what Trump did or didn't do - that would have stopped any of you asshats from blaming him?  

Like when he was trying to make this sound like it wasn't a big deal? That was incredibly stupid of him. 

“We should all be working together,” he said. He added: “All they’re trying to do is get a political advantage. This isn’t about political advantage. We’re all trying to do the right thing. They shouldn’t be saying: ‘This is terrible. President Trump isn’t asking for enough money.’ How stupid a thing to say. If they want to give us more money, that’s OK.”

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Like when he was trying to make this sound like it wasn't a big deal? That was incredibly stupid of him. 

“We should all be working together,” he said. He added: “All they’re trying to do is get a political advantage. This isn’t about political advantage. We’re all trying to do the right thing. They shouldn’t be saying: ‘This is terrible. President Trump isn’t asking for enough money.’ How stupid a thing to say. If they want to give us more money, that’s OK.”

Again - Do you seriously think that no matter what Trump did or didn't do - that would have stopped any of you asshats from blaming him?  

9 minutes ago, bbb said:

Blaming him for what? 

Ive been harping since about 10 days ago that he wasn’t taking it seriously, that he was more concerned about the stock market. That’s not blame, that’s saying take it ***** serious and stop acting like it’s no big deal. 

Hell, Hannity and rush are still out there blaming the deep state. 

How many trump supporters still think it’s no big deal because of his actions and statements? Too many...

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

Again - Do you seriously think that no matter what Trump did or didn't do - that would have stopped any of you asshats from blaming him?  

You don't think he actually deserves blame for trying to downplay this? Surely his experts were telling him the seriousness of this yet he vomited out denials, downplayed it and said all criticism of him was a hoax. 

So you just think we should give him a pass? F u! What an as-hole you are 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You don't think he actually deserves blame for trying to downplay this? Surely his experts were telling him the seriousness of this yet he vomited out denials, downplayed it and said all criticism of him was a hoax. 

So you just think we should give him a pass? F u! What an as-hole you are 

Again - Do you seriously think that no matter what Trump did or didn't do - that would have stopped any of you asshats from blaming him?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bbb said:

Again - Do you seriously think that no matter what Trump did or didn't do - that would have stopped any of you asshats from blaming him?  

So it's ok he wasn't taking this serious because someone would have said something mean anyway to the poor little sh ithead? Great point you utter moron 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So it's ok he wasn't taking this serious because someone would have said something mean anyway to the poor little sh ithead? Great point you utter moron 

You don't seem to be understanding the question.  Here it is again: 

Again - Do you seriously think that no matter what Trump did or didn't do - that would have stopped any of you asshats from blaming him?  

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

What's strange (to this guy who is not well versed in the market or economics) is that gold and precious metals are dropping too... I would assume they'd go up at a time like this, no? 

Markets are panicky to buy anything right now.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What's strange (to this guy who is not well versed in the market or economics) is that gold and precious metals are dropping too... I would assume they'd go up at a time like this, no? 

that is the standard thinking. cryptos are tanking as well.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Where do you see the market going over the next few weeks?

Well, I think I called 20K up thread somewhere, in response to someone saying 21K.   

My view:

The market will respond weakly to anything directed at economic stimulus outside of who/what is being impacted by the virus.  A payroll tax cut is fine down the line, but not now.  Everything they do now must be directed at mitigating the impact from the virus.  The Government must cover all related costs--the two weeks of paid time-off; 0% loans to the major industries affected--airlines, travel and tourism in general, etc.; stop-gap the medical costs--covering the costs of testing and care, and making sure the states have all the funds they need.  It's impossible to estimate the economic costs of this thing which means complete uncertainty as to forecasting prices, which is why the most important thing is to address restraining the virus.  Once the government comes out with proposals that do this, then it will at least provide a little clarity on the economic costs going forward.  Once we get to the point where investors believe the government is actually proposing and doing things that will "flatten out the curve" of its growth (the virus), then we should at least see a temporary bottom. So far, they haven't proposed anything like this, so I expect we will bust through my 20K guess....

I was fortunate to put myself in a fairly liquid position (30% equities) coming out of 2019 because I was expecting a typical correction. I will most likely put a chunk back in today (I added some after the February drop putting me at 40%), even though I don't think we've hit bottom as described above, I will move to a 50% position today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1