The Trump Economy

GG

According to the AARP, 10,000 baby boomers are turning 65 every single day, and this is expected to continue into the 2030s.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2017/07/29/9-baby-boomer-statistics-that-will-blow-you-away.aspx    Jul 29, 2017

I would think this is the main reason for low unemployment , not a tax cut . That money should have gone to infrastructure , border security, refugee housing and  uninsured health care. 

Edited by ALF

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ALF said:

According to the AARP, 10,000 baby boomers are turning 65 every single day, and this is expected to continue into the 2030s.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2017/07/29/9-baby-boomer-statistics-that-will-blow-you-away.aspx    Jul 29, 2017

I would think this is the main reason for low unemployment , not a tax cut . That money should have gone to infrastructure , border security, refugee housing and  uninsured health care. 

So you're excuse why the unemployment rate is low:  10,000 people a day are retiring.  How do you excuse away the size of the labor force is an all time high?

11 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

So you're excuse why the unemployment rate is low:  10,000 people a day are retiring.  How do you excuse away the size of the labor force is an all time high?

don't you know, they only started retiring on January 1st, 2017.

Edited by Foxx

16 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Because kids these days can't handle jobs like the Boomers. Employers need to hire more than one person to replace the retirees.

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

don't you know, they only started retiring on January 1st 20, 2017 at 12:01pm EST.

FIFY.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-participation-rate

United States Labor Force Participation Rate

Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States increased to 62.90 percent in June from 62.80 percent in May of 2019. Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States averaged 62.99 percent from 1950 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 67.30 percent in January of 2000 

Am I looking at the wrong chart ? click last 10 years then max 

22 minutes ago, ALF said:

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-participation-rate

United States Labor Force Participation Rate

Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States increased to 62.90 percent in June from 62.80 percent in May of 2019. Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States averaged 62.99 percent from 1950 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 67.30 percent in January of 2000 

Am I looking at the wrong chart ? click last 10 years then max 

Labor participation rate has remained steady the last 5 years, meaning that the increased number of Boomers retiring are offset by new workers added to the labor pool

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ALF said:

I'm happy with the tax cut and the impact it had on my business and personal financial plan.  My personal financial plan starts with being willing to spot the Feds the fruits of my labor for what amounts to  Jan, Feb and maybe March, but by April I'd like to keep more for myself. 

I've never understood why issues like infrastructure, border security, refugee housing and uninsured health care can't be addressed while taxes are reduced and hard-working Americans keep more of the money they earn.   Too many sticky fingers as the money move through the system, I guess. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm happy with the tax cut and the impact it had on my business and personal financial plan.  My personal financial plan starts with being willing to spot the Feds the fruits of my labor for what amounts to  Jan, Feb and maybe March, but by April I'd like to keep more for myself. 

I've never understood why issues like infrastructure, border security, refugee housing and uninsured health care can't be addressed while taxes are reduced and hard-working Americans keep more of the money they earn.   Too many sticky fingers as the money move through the system, I guess. 

good to hear some good news

all my work is spent in disasters, trying to quantify them (if there are damages) and getting what some think is justice...  ?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

good to hear some good news

all my work is spent in disasters, trying to quantify them (if there are damages) and getting what some think is justice...  ?

I'm not sure I'm reading you correctly here. 

You work in the aftermath of disasters, delivering some semblance of justice to people, yet you included a sad emoji. Sounds like good and honorable work.  Either that or you're Godzilla, admittedly a misunderstood and decidedly tragic figure.  

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You work in the aftermath of disasters, delivering some semblance of justice to people, yet you included a sad emoji. Sounds like good and honorable work.  Either that or you're Godzilla, admittedly a misunderstood and decidedly tragic figure.  

it was an in-between emoji...

i just try to recreate the business reality of went down, by means of evidence

it's up to those who get the Report to do what they want with it

sometimes this really frosts me...

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

a pencil pusher for the insurance industry.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If so, as I said, good and honorable work. I still like the Godzilla angle though. 

Yeah, a Canadian Godzilla.  

Destroys Tokyo, apologizes, and brags about doing it better than the United States ever could.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If so, as I said, good and honorable work. I still like the Godzilla angle though. 

Foxx is locked in a little box, riddled with

Row

Derangement

Syndrome

zzzzzzzzzz....

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, a Canadian Godzilla.  

Destroys Tokyo, apologizes, and brags about doing it better than the United States ever could.

I just want peace, love and understanding, what’s so funny or difficult about that?

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Foxx is locked in a little box, riddled with

Row

Derangement

Syndrome

zzzzzzzzzz....

the banalities of the banal rarely, if ever, offers up something original. 

Government Dependency Plunges Under Trump — Why Aren’t We Celebrating?

Issues & Insights, by The Editorial Board

Original Article

Friday’s jobs report showed that the economy created 224,000 new jobs, yet the unemployment rate edged up to 3.7%. Both are welcome news. The unemployment rate went up because 158,000 rejoined the labor market. These are people who previously didn’t have a job and weren’t looking for one. The labor market is tight enough that people who’d given up on work are getting lured back into the job market. And they’re finding work. As of June, there were 5.6 million more people with jobs than when President Trump took office — despite claims by prominent economists that the economy was already at full employment when he was sworn in.

• Like (+1) 1